Image ImageImage Image

Knicks/Nets Looking At Lavine

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Knicks/Nets Looking At Lavine 

Post#1 » by Jvaughn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter

So, I know there are alot here that want the Bulls to take advantage of Lavine's contract and trade value now. I am not one of them, but if they do decide to trade him, I don't see the Nets or Knicks being good trade partners. I don't think Barrett at his peak will be nearly as good as Lavine today, and outside of that, the Knicks don't have any attractive youngsters I'd be interested in. And the Nets don't have any draft picks that would be lottery. Hopefully Bulls give Lavine and the core a chance to succeed under a competent coach first.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Re: Knicks/Nets Looking At Lavine 

Post#2 » by sco » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Yeah, the only thing the Knicks have of value is this year's pick. The Knicks are my 2nd fav team, and boy, they are devoid of any talent on that roster.

The Nets are a different story. They have enough young guys to possibly swing a deal, and they are likely more motivated that the Knicks given their Durant timeline.
:clap:
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#3 » by nomorezorro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:53 pm

it seems like the only foundation of this interest on the knicks/nets end is "the bulls have a new gm so maybe they'd be open to trading players"

zach is obviously moveable for the right price though. a suite of picks from either one of these teams could pay off long-term but on a personal level i'm not in a rush to get rid of the only consistently entertaining player on our team
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#4 » by nomorezorro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:54 pm

also why would the nets want zach lol
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
cubbiefan009
Assistant Coach
And1: 539

Post#5 » by cubbiefan009 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeah, no shot for the Knicks. Nets, maybe, but I don't envision a scenario in which this would happen. AK would have to be blown away by the offer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
tgmxd
Junior
And1: 200

Post#6 » by tgmxd » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:58 pm

I know people are gonna say “sell high” like butler

This is a guy with #1 option tools who’s gotten better every year

You don’t give those guys up unless they absolutely force your hand

I’m hoping this organization learned that the hard way last time and doesn’t do it again
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#7 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:13 pm

tgmxd wrote:I know people are gonna say “sell high” like butler

I’m hoping this organization learned that the hard way last time and doesn’t do it again

LaVine isn't close to being the player Butler is or was when we traded him. Completely different situation.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#8 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:16 pm

nomorezorro wrote:also why would the nets want zach lol

Aren't Durant and LaVine good friends? I may be wrong, but I remember hearing that some time ago. The Nets are definitely doing whatever Durant and Irving want, so maybe that's why.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#9 » by sco » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Hypothetically, Dinwiddie, Levert, Kuruks for Lavine works. But doubt Nets do that, and don't see how it would help us all that much (although I love Levert).

An odd thing to me when looking at it was that Lavine is the same age as Levert (who I thought was younger).
:clap:
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#10 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:27 pm

I like Lavine. I think he's a piece to hold on to, and is on a friendly deal. Tired of the treadmill of shipping out talent and starting over.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 751

Post#11 » by othawhitemeat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Jvaughn wrote:
Read on Twitter

So, I know there are alot here that want the Bulls to take advantage of Lavine's contract and trade value now. I am not one of them, but if they do decide to trade him, I don't see the Nets or Knicks being good trade partners. I don't think Barrett at his peak will be nearly as good as Lavine today, and outside of that, the Knicks don't have any attractive youngsters I'd be interested in. And the Nets don't have any draft picks that would be lottery. Hopefully Bulls give Lavine and the core a chance to succeed under a competent coach first.

I would do it for the Knicks lottery pick if in top 6. I am only saying this because while I like Lavine, we are not going to be that good while his contract is a value and to me, Coby is a similar player, but seems to be higher IQ, younger, and seems like he is a legit combo guard.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#12 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Knicks pick and Barret?
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#13 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Only reason they are interested is because of new FO. In past Zach was only available for top pick or superstar in return. Let's be real neither was possible. But they think new managment with AK is soft and is maybe willing sell for less.

Bulls fans shouldnt get excited about possibile good haul.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#14 » by Pax for Prez » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Zach probably was told Boylen might be coming back and he said "Trade Me".

Pax
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#15 » by drosereturn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:34 pm

related to Lavine? This is even worse than Butler fans who claimed he was untouchable and look what happened to Philly, Minnesota.
if Butler got dealt, Lavine is getting dealt.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#16 » by FriedRise » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:Zach probably was told Boylen might be coming back and he said "Trade Me".

Pax

When Bulls announce that Jim Boylen is staying as the head coach of the Chicago Bulls, every team in the NBA looking to buy low:

Spoiler:
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#17 » by drosereturn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:37 pm

sco wrote:Hypothetically, Dinwiddie, Levert, Kuruks for Lavine works. But doubt Nets do that, and don't see how it would help us all that much (although I love Levert).

An odd thing to me when looking at it was that Lavine is the same age as Levert (who I thought was younger).

Knicks/Nets have multiple assets for Lavine. For the Nets, I am ok with Din/Levert since the Bulls give up 1 starter for 2 and Levert is like 70% of Lavine with potential.

For Knicks, it would have to be this yrs pick plus DSJ, Knox.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#18 » by Trm3 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Little Nathan wrote:

LaVine isn't close to being the player Butler is or was when we traded him. Completely different situation.

I'm going to disagree.

LaVine is a much better offensive talent/scorer than Butler will ever be and he's only getting better. Butler has him defensively and Butler has slipped up on that end ever since he focused more on his offense.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#19 » by MikeDC » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:45 pm

It's obvious why the Nets would be interested. Zach would make a nearly ideal fit as a 3rd option with Durant and KD. However, there's really nothing we should want from the Nets. Their pick won't be worth Zach by himself.

The players they can offer back aren't obviously better, or they wouldn't be open to trading them for Zach. Like, Levert is a lesser player making almost as much as what Zach makes. So that's not a very sensible trade for us. I like Dinwiddie, but he's likewise not a going who's going to change our fortunes.

Point is, the best case scenario of trading with the Nets is we trade a dime for two nickels.

The Knicks are another story. They've assuming they're in the top 3 of the draft, that could be Ball/Edwards/Wiseman/Hayes. A potential difference-making player. But not a sure thing, so I'd ask for more as well. If the pick isn't going to be Wiseman, the obvious diamond in the rough on the Knicks roster is Mitchell Robinson. If we turned Zach into Hayes and Robinson I'd be really happy.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#20 » by Jvaughn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:48 pm

othawhitemeat wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would do it for the Knicks lottery pick if in top 6. I am only saying this because while I like Lavine, we are not going to be that good while his contract is a value and to me, Coby is a similar player, but seems to be higher IQ, younger, and seems like he is a legit combo guard.

Knicks odds for lottery are barely better than ours, and this isn't really that attractive of a draft for that type of move.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.

Return to Chicago Bulls