OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#661 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:I’ve been enjoying Narcos, on Netflix. I once did a pretty deep dive in to Columbia and Pablo Escobar, my only real complaint is how the production fictionalized a lot in an already epic story of corruption, violence, and brazen criminal behavior. Perhaps in hollywooding it up, they actually diminished how incredible of a story it already was.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was dubious when they moved to Mexico and changed the cast but it's just as good.
I'd actually argue it's gotten better with the switch to Mexico. I feel like it's went from a fun watch but a little flawed show to a genuinely quality show.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#662 » by emunney » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Rumor that Donald Glover is going to play Lando again in a Disney+ series.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#663 » by buckboy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Gotta get back to Narcos: Mexico. We did the first episode a few weeks ago and never watched the second.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#664 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:39 pm

I also liked Narcos: Mexico more than the first season.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#665 » by machu46 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Not sure how widely known this show is despite being one of the listed Originals on Amazon, but we started watching Upload yesterday and it's really clever and charming. Basic plot is that it's set in a future where before dying, you can opt to be "uploaded" to what's sold as a digital heaven. Some pretty funny stuff ensues as well as a mysterious subplot that isn't really a focus yet but I imagine will begin getting more of the focus as the show goes on.

It's a Greg Daniels show (The Office, Parks & Rec, Space Force).
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#666 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Scoot McNairy is great.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,747

Post#667 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:28 pm

emunney wrote:Rumor that Donald Glover is going to play Lando again in a Disney+ series.

As uninspiring as casting Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo was, the exact opposite was how great putting Glover as young Lando was.

Glad he is in talks to do a Lando show.. if they explored all the gangster stuff in that era, with Glover, it could be as fun as Mandolorian.

I do hope they drop the sub plot about Lando wanting to sex up his lady robot.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#668 » by WRau1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 am

Had some time off so I powered through Warrior Nun and Cursed, thought they were both fun. Now finally going to start Last Kingdom.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#669 » by emunney » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
emunney wrote:Rumor that Donald Glover is going to play Lando again in a Disney+ series.

As uninspiring as casting Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo was, the exact opposite was how great putting Glover as young Lando was.

Glad he is in talks to do a Lando show.. if they explored all the gangster stuff in that era, with Glover, it could be as fun as Mandolorian.

I do hope they drop the sub plot about Lando wanting to sex up his lady robot.

I hope the plan includes Glover writing and bringing a bunch of people from Atlanta.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#670 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Time loop TV has had a good couple of weeks. Palm Springs was awesome, and last night's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. may have been the best episode of the series.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#671 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm

I just went on a streaming service purge and cancelled HBO, Showtime, Starz, Disney+, and Apple TV+. Still have Hulu, Prime and Netflix.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#672 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Has anybody here watched Palm Springs on Hulu yet? Legitimately fantastic movie! I really liked it and will be watching it again in the future.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#673 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Just caught up on Succession. I've said before in this thread that I don't care if a fictional show has anyone to "root" for. But my God every single character on Succession is a POS. Every one.

Love the show.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#674 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:11 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:Has anybody here watched Palm Springs on Hulu yet? Legitimately fantastic movie! I really liked it and will be watching it again in the future.

Watched it few nights ago. Not your run-of-the-mill rom-com. I do have a soft spot for Andy Sandberg, and anyone from SNL so I'm bias, but in this case I think he really did a great job. Crisin Miloti was good as well. Two thumbs up from this guy.

Spoiler:
Loved the existential questions posed by this movie. Everything is meaningless. What is our purpose? Etc. The growth of Nyles at the end realizing that the safest choice (staying in the loop) could also be seen as the most risky because he would be alone.
Which we are. But we aren't. Could also be seen as the same mindset of someone with addiction. Just repeating the same patterns over and over. Sarah having the courage of conviction to breakout of the old pattern (meta for our thoughts and behaviors). It's the only way to create real change. The movie posed so many of these paradoxical ideas that I feel I need to watch it again. Nothing mind blowing, but certainly great food for thought - especially at this time in humankind's history.

It was also a sweet love story. I'm somewhere between a romantic and realist so this movie hit right in that sweet spot.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#675 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:16 pm

Palm Springs is one of the best I've seen the last few years. Already watched it three times. Best comedy since "Everybody Wants Some!!"
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#676 » by machu46 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:50 am

Iheartfootball wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:Has anybody here watched Palm Springs on Hulu yet? Legitimately fantastic movie! I really liked it and will be watching it again in the future.

Watched it few nights ago. Not your run-of-the-mill rom-com. I do have a soft spot for Andy Sandberg, and anyone from SNL so I'm bias, but in this case I think he really did a great job. Crisin Miloti was good as well. Two thumbs up from this guy.

Spoiler:
Loved the existential questions posed by this movie. Everything is meaningless. What is our purpose? Etc. The growth of Nyles at the end realizing that the safest choice (staying in the loop) could also be seen as the most risky because he would be alone.
Which we are. But we aren't. Could also be seen as the same mindset of someone with addiction. Just repeating the same patterns over and over. Sarah having the courage of conviction to breakout of the old pattern (meta for our thoughts and behaviors). It's the only way to create real change. The movie posed so many of these paradoxical ideas that I feel I need to watch it again. Nothing mind blowing, but certainly great food for thought - especially at this time in humankind's history.

It was also a sweet love story. I'm somewhere between a romantic and realist so this movie hit right in that sweet spot.

Not related to the movie, but kinda fun story regarding Miloti. A long time ago, she was the star of a broadway show called Once and I took my girlfriend at the time to go see it. I ended up running into Josh Radnor (Ted on How I Met Your Mother). Years later when I dug out the Playbill from the show and remembered Miloti was the star, it all clicked into place for me. She hadn’t been announced as Ted’s wife yet but I think it’s probably likely that she had already gotten the part and he was basically checking her out/supporting a new cast member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#677 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:18 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I also liked Narcos: Mexico more than the first season.

Just to be clear for those who haven't watched, the original Narcos is 3 seasons. Then they started up Narcos Mexico which has had 2 seasons so far (It hasn't been officially renewed for a third season)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#678 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:00 pm

2020 ISN'T SO BAD
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#679 » by WRau1 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:36 am

Just finished s1 of The Last Kingdom, what a great show.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#680 » by Whiteman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:00 am

A few years late, I know, but season 1 of American Gods was way more fun than I expected.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks