Bol Bol

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#161 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Darklight wrote:
perempe20 wrote:Jokic is must watch TV, I always watch his highlights. I really liked the Bulls, but even stopped watching NBA regularly after MJ's retirement.

Ignore sky he can be a bit passive aggressive (we can all be like that sometimes :D ) You are welcome to join us. You are better off being a nuggets fan since we are very good and becoming even better, while the bulls don't have good enough young core and will be looking to go into another rebuild and trade away some of their young players before they have to pay them.

skywalker33 wrote: So you’re more of a player watcher than a fan of the game, very typical of Euro fans. Now a days, the players are marketed more than the teams itself

The NBA is like that these days it's not a euro thing if anything it's an nba/american thing. It's a players league where the stars/superstars have the franchises by their balls and fans being fan of players instead of teams and may later convert to also root for the team, but those type of fans can also ditch the team when their favorite player leaves the team. I'm in this category myself and there's nothing wrong with that most fans are like that these days.

I would still keep an eye for the nuggs since I have been a fan now for a couple of years but wouldn't be invested anymore if Jokic left, still love MPJ's game. 8-) I became a fan of the nuggets becuase of Jokic and it's like that for most fans, they have a player they love and start rooting for that team he is on, that's usually how it goes :wink: This is a controversial take and I don't mind debating it with u guys, but for me unless you are a fan of those big market team that can get rid of bust and some picks for stars and sign some in free agents it's not worth being a longtime fan of the small market team since it's soo hard to build a team and you have sooo many things going against you. So if you are not a fan of teams like celtics, lakers maybe knicks if they had good ownership and some other markets, you are gonna have a hard time and probably end like a treadmill team but it's extremly hard to be more than that with everything going against the small market teams.

Dark, I did point out that the NBA is marketing for to their stars, it's their platform to draw in the international fans a great marketing plan IMO. But I stick with my statement of it being more of a Euro thing because I continue to find so many Euro fans picking out their fav's (whether Euro players or American player) rather than following a market team. I grew up in Denver and have followed this team since Mack Calvin/Hayward Spencer/David Thompson days thru to today, thru the good and the bad. As you stated, you follow because of Jokic or MPJ, if they were to go, would you have any interest in the Nuggets ?? Probably not, you are what we Americans call a fair-weather fan. Nothing wrong with it, but it shows in so many Euro's post (Look at the guy who has twice come over advocating for the Nugget to draft Bolmaro, probably HIS favorite team, even trying to fabricate a FO relationship to support it ???? ) and it shows lack of depth and TEAM knowledge IMO.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#162 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Darklight wrote:I know you guys will hate me for what I have to say in this post.:P After I watched that scrimmage I'm lower on Bol then ever before. He had some nice showings, his offense was a bit rusty where he travelled a couple of times but that's less important.
He had 6 blocks (one should have honestly been a goaltending but whatever)
What truly made me disappointed is he is even worse of a defender then I imagined.. Sure, he can block some shots and 6 blocks is no joke, but with that size and lenght it comes with the territory.

He has zero defensive principles/awarness it's honestly pretty staggering how bad this kid is. People love to rant about MPJ's bad defense but bol makes him look like a all defensive player.. He loses his man constently, no clue where to be or what rotations to make and standing in no mans land all the time. We played zone but that was an exception, can you imagine when people start targeting him on switches? Bigs that are this bad defensively don't become good defenders. Just remember this was against a G-league caliber team, just wait for the better teams and see what's gonna happend. I don't think he has much of a future in this league but I could be wrong, feel free to call me out if he proves me wrong. I just don't see where he fits in our rotation and I can't see him play next season outside garbage time, Malone barely plays MPJ who is waay better player just imagine bol lmao.
We should re-sign Grant and re-sign Millsap for cheap, he seems to want to be here. I just don't see minutes for him or think he is anywhere near NBA ready.

I can't undestand why there is so much hype for him after people watched that game. After watching that I see why all the teams passed on him in the first round and half of them twice. If we weren't high on him he would have been drafted in the 50's or maybe even went undrafted.

I don't wanna make this a MPJ vs Bol debate where we discuss a bad defender vs a horrendous one but I feel it should be brought up. Why are people creaming themselves over bol but hate on MPJ's defense? Reading all these twitter comments it's honestly baffling where you have people like that mcfag guy who hates on MPJ any chance he gets but says nothing about Bol's :lol:
Bol has no excuses unlike MPJ, he has had a whole year since he was drafted and also was pretty healthy and played in the G-league. MPJ on the other hand came in this season after two years off, where his experience is all HS since he got injured in college and never was known for it and was rehabbing in his first season unlike bol. I'm just calling out the double standards, but probably also looking too deeply into this since people are most likely just caught up in the hype train and ignoring everything else aside from the highlights :lol:

No, Darklight, this post had no bearing , we all hated you before this post :lol:

In all honesty, you're entitled to your opinion even if it is harsh. The kid is 20yrs old and just played his 1st game against true NBA players and this is what you bring ??? While there probably is some truth in your post, you certainly can't expect KD out there (oh, wait, someone did !!) but if you can't see some potential to his game either you are really short-sighted or just coming over here to add to your continuing gloom-n-doom mantra. First, tell me one Nuggets that didn't look rusty ? And while I'm not sure whether he's a C or stretch PF, I'm betting he hasn't played a lot of SF in his basketball career. Then they started him with guys he been practicing with for how long, maybe a 10 day, perhaps a couple of weeks ??? Has no one ever shown you some grace because you SURE don't know what it is !!!

Tell me, how does a guy with ZERO defensive awareness get 6 blocks, you probably just attribute that to his 7-9 inch wingspan, some truth to that...but you still have to be within 7-7 inches from the ball (so much for social distancing). Then you claim he had a whole year in the G-league, showing more ignorance than what you're worth. He played under 20mpg for EIGHT games in the G-league, the rest of the time he was rehabbing his foot and strengthening his core. And then you are comparing him to MPJ ??? A lottery pick compared to a mid second rounder....that's just WEAK !!!!

You come over to this forum every 4 months or so, claiming to be a Nuggets fans yet looking at your posts most are just you bashing one thing or another about this team...... :roll: Do a little research and prove me wrong on my rebuttal here, please !!!
As I write this I think you are close to being right about one thing, it's not you, especially w/o really knowing you. But I can honestly say I hate your posts, some venom in most all you write over here. Hope that isn't TOO PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE, just meant to be straight forward...even if it is my opinion.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#163 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:44 pm

Well, Darklight, Skywalker has been around here a lot longer than you have, and he's been through the battles, during the rough times. The Nuggets fans have seen plenty of those.

As for Bol, very few players come in with great defense. Let's see what the coaches can do.

His offense can be great and average defense would be fantastic.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Darklight
Junior
And1: 469

Post#164 » by Darklight » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:47 pm

Lol you are soo butthurt. It's seriously pathetic. I'm being harsh on the kid and I know that but I'm also being realistic. You are too much of a homer but you do you. You seriously remind me of that lurking guy on reddit homer to a fault and bashing everyone who dears to have a different view point. Bol Bol was considered a lottery pick that fell so your point is trash. I rarely post on any forum I'm on since I have other stuff to do and a life. I'm not the type of person who has serveral thousand of post on a forum. I'm done debating with you no need to reply to me.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:22 pm

Settle down please people. We like a friendly board.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#166 » by TunaFish » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:52 pm

Darklight wrote:Lol you are soo butthurt. It's seriously pathetic. I'm being harsh on the kid and I know that but I'm also being realistic. You are too much of a homer but you do you. You seriously remind me of that lurking guy on reddit homer to a fault and bashing everyone who dears to have a different view point. Bol Bol was considered a lottery pick that fell so your point is trash. I rarely post on any forum I'm on since I have other stuff to do and a life. I'm not the type of person who has serveral thousand of post on a forum. I'm done debating with you no need to reply to me.

If you don't mind, I would like to have a debate with you about Bol. One important detail is what defense was being played by the Nuggets? Further, what position was Bol playing or more importantly who was he guarding?

This scrimmage listed as starters Jokic (PG), Grant (SG), Plumlee (C), Millsap (PF) and Bol (SF). That's a big lineup with no guards. That leaves Jokic and Bol guarding wings. I would not expect to ever see that lineup again and at best it was a temporary experiment.

Bol has more quickness than I expected and when he was guarding his man, he moved well. He looks like he has some basketball iq. I would not expect him to be defending a guard very often in the future.

As expected, Denver had to play a lot of zone defense. Bol was initially in the right spot on defense but he did leave his responsibility for the purpose of double teams. No weak-side help came to Bol's man and it caused a breakdown on defenses. I saw this several times. Was this coaching or was Bol not supposed to double team, who can say. I won't jump to any conclusions until we see Bol in more games.

One thing is for sure, his weak-side defense, bleeding down from the perimeter was excellent, thus all the blocked shots.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:08 pm

So true and so wise Tunafish

skywalker33

Post#168 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:50 pm

Darklight wrote:Lol you are soo butthurt. It's seriously pathetic. I'm being harsh on the kid and I know that but I'm also being realistic.
No, Dark, you're butthurt because your opinion is being challenged, exposed as a clueless when it comes to evaluating young talent and coming across as being douchey. You JUST ADMITTED you were being harsh ON A KID, how can that be realistic after seeing him ONE PRESEASON GAME ????

Darklight wrote:You are too much of a homer but you do you. You seriously remind me of that lurking guy on reddit homer to a fault and bashing everyone who dears to have a different view point. Bol Bol was considered a lottery pick that fell so your point is trash. I rarely post on any forum I'm on since I have other stuff to do and a life. I'm not the type of person who has serveral thousand of post on a forum. I'm done debating with you no need to reply to me.

I have never denied being a HOMER, in fact my prior post supports that (proudly I might add) but if either of us is a lurker, it's you, waiting to make a poor slam while pretending to be a fan of the Nuggets. Bol probably could've been a lottery pick IF he was healthy but he wasn't, why he fell much as MPJ did. You seem to want to ignore that and go for low blow against Bol, ignore that it's his first game, that he's still learning a new system while playing a position he's probably never played in his entire basketball career, THAT seems cowardly to me.

I knew you wouldn't have a debate with either myself or Tuna because you have nothing to support your cheap-shot hit-n-run posts. No skin off my back, never saw much depth in any of your post anyway, but I for one will defend what I consider BS against my favorite team.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:39 am

I'm feeling the urge to suspend someone - let's end this now
skywalker33

Post#170 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:23 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I'm feeling the urge to suspend someone - let's end this now

Well, it was a Friday, perhaps you needed something to just take you into the weekend :lol:

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#171 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,531

Post#172 » by Alatan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Darklight wrote:I know you guys will hate me for what I have to say in this post.:P...
You are right. :lol:
Darklight wrote:I don't wanna make this a MPJ vs Bol debate.

You have.
Darklight wrote:Bol has no excuses unlike MPJ

He does. They were both injured and didnt play much plust they are both young. At least Bol is showing something on defense. Is he slow? Yes. Is his lost? Yes. Does he avoid contact? Yes. Does his motor suck? Yes. But again young tall guys take longer to fill out, get stronger and faster. They take time to learn the rotations and timing on D. Will any of it ever happen. Who knows, but i hope so.

What i get from your post is that you are afraid that Bol might take away MPJs minutes. The thing is Denver is probably never getting a top tier free agent so our only hope is that either one of our projects pan out.
skywalker33

Post#173 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:54 am

Soo there's a chance, read into it whatever you want

" Any player who makes his NBA debut inside the bubble once games begin Thursday -- like Denver Nuggets big man Bol Bol -- will remain eligible for next year's Rookie of the Year award, league sources tell ESPN. "

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#174 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 am

Start him
skywalker33

Post#175 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Coeur wrote:Start him

Not yet IMO, still susceptible to injury and fatigue. Run him off the bench to help gain confidence and stamina plus strengthen our 2nd unit. We need to use our experience and chemistry to make a run at these playoffs but use his talent to solidify this team and his future.

skywalker33

Post#176 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:26 am

So, can Bol be a very tall SF or a light PF ??

Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#177 » by Alatan » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:36 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So, can Bol be a very tall SF or a light PF ??

I think he can be a light PF that relies on his length to defend. He can guard smaller wings and guards for stretches of time but i would not consider him a SF. MPJ is Similar in that regard but i think he can adapt to the SF role better since he is faster and more explosive. Id also fear for his long term health is MPJ was playing the PF position primarily. That means that we can have both of them in the same lineup but we will be sacrificing a bit of perimeter defense. Its why i think trading Murray for a two way guard would be an interesting move.
skywalker33

Post#178 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 6:20 pm

Consider the mismatches Bol would create, most SF's are 6-5"-6-8"...he'd easily have a 6-9" advantage on most SF's and his length could help compensate for the quickness. He has that type of shooting range clear out to the 3-pt line and could create instant back-side help D. While I like MPJ at the SF for the height advantage as well, he has more size, girth and quickness to man the PF position.

Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#179 » by Alatan » Thu Aug 6, 2020 9:08 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Consider the mismatches Bol would create, most SF's are 6-5"-6-8"...he'd easily have a 6-9" advantage on most SF's and his length could help compensate for the quickness. He has that type of shooting range clear out to the 3-pt line and could create instant back-side help D. While I like MPJ at the SF for the height advantage as well, he has more size, girth and quickness to man the PF position.

He has more girth but he also has a bad back. Its better for him to stay lighter than to bang with the big boys. Bol has a bit of a similar problem but he also has a 9 8 standing reach so he can play it more passively and still get results. In any case they can both play the wing spot so it doesnt really matter how do we label them.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:24 am

What is Bol's ceiling?

Top-3 on a team?
4th-5th starter?
1st 3 off the bench?
Spot player?

Just thinking about his trade potential; and are we interested in trading him.
I'm not sure I want to trade him. I see him as a solid contributor in a few years, but probably not a top-3.

Return to Denver Nuggets