2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread 

Post#781 » by Mattv » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:03 am

getrichordie wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:My goodness, dudes on twitter are actually trying to convince themselves that Roberson is some sort of plus for this team. He hasn't played competitive basketball in over 2 years and he's coming off a catastrophic injury and he's only got 8 games to get into some sort of form before the playoffs, AND this all has to happen in the most artificial environment in NBA history but hey, his defense amiright?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would rather him take Ferguson's minutes and give us an idea of what he is now if we are considering re-signing him.

I agree.. Just imagine if his defense is even close to what is was. Even if he can't play but 5 min at a time swapping him and dort out on a team's best players like Harden, LeBron, ect they would be wore out with how hard Dort and Roberson guard them.
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#782 » by Mattv » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:05 am

getrichordie wrote:Apparently, Roberson has been impressive shooting the ball, according to Abdel Nader.

If he could just be decent that would be huge..
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#783 » by Old Man Game » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:45 pm

So far, watching some of the early exhibition games have to say I'm impressed with the atmosphere. It's Summer League-esque for sure but it's totally watchable and doesn't feel at all lacking in intensity as I'd feared it might without fans. Once we get this thing going for games that count I think it's going to be pretty legit.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#784 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Old Man Game wrote:So far, watching some of the early exhibition games have to say I'm impressed with the atmosphere. It's Summer League-esque for sure but it's totally watchable and doesn't feel at all lacking in intensity as I'd feared it might without fans. Once we get this thing going for games that count I think it's going to be pretty legit.

I agree. Although at this point even summer league basketball with scrubs is better than watching some of the junk on tv right now. Seriously, there was a Disney, zoom sing along on prime time abc for a few weeks.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#785 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:53 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:So far, watching some of the early exhibition games have to say I'm impressed with the atmosphere. It's Summer League-esque for sure but it's totally watchable and doesn't feel at all lacking in intensity as I'd feared it might without fans. Once we get this thing going for games that count I think it's going to be pretty legit.

I agree. Although at this point even summer league basketball with scrubs is better than watching some of the junk on tv right now. Seriously, there was a Disney, zoom sing along on prime time abc for a few weeks.

As this drags on I keep wondering what's going to happen with scripted television. At some point there's going to be a huge gap in the production and we're probably either in for extended re-runs or possibly a bunch of productions moving to countries that have better handled the pandemic.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#786 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm not sure that this forum can support a game thread yet, but we have live basketball today at 4pm.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Boston Celtics (4 p.m.): Can be streamed on Thunder Mobile App or okcthunder.com
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#787 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#788 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:19 pm

It's July and I'm watching a Thunder game. It feels ... right. It feels so freakin' right.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#789 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Steven Adams looks really good when rested. Where have I heard that before?
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#790 » by lebron stopper » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:49 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://streamable.com/klfrk5
https://streamable.com/kn56rc
https://streamable.com/cze68o
https://streamable.com/9ezjei

Glad to see Roberson back. It's been two and a half years.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#791 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Well it was a scrimmage so nothing too conclusive can be taken from it. I watched casually for the first half and got to see the second half undistracted. A few things I noticed...

Shai is still smooth and a pleasure to watch.
Bazley does rookie things but still has some moments that are somewhat promising.
Diallo and Ferguson continue to battle for worst player on the team. Diallo’s step back long two airball made for a good laugh.
I forgot Burton played for the thunder.
Dre.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#792 » by getrichordie » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:16 am

Didn't get to watch, but did look at highlights.

Can we talk about how good Dort looked curling off that screen by Adams and slashing to the rim with his left hand? Didn't make the layup, but boy is that encouraging stuff.

And did I see Paul getting upset after Smart stole in the inbound pass on that one play? He just walked away from trying to inbound the ball again...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#793 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:34 pm

The Thunder have an unusual team - bear with me please. I love Adams at center, but he's not a true star (team carrying player). Gallinari has always been a nice player to have on a team, but he's not really a star. The Thunder have a lot of nice players, but IMO, Chris Paul is the reason they have done so well and the reason why most teams might want to avoid them in the bubble/playoffs. He just seems to make everyone on that team better.

Of course let's not discount the advantage of not having a bunch of huge egos on the team too. :nod:
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#794 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:12 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:The Thunder have an unusual team - bear with me please. I love Adams at center, but he's not a true star (team carrying player). Gallinari has always been a nice player to have on a team, but he's not really a star. The Thunder have a lot of nice players, but IMO, Chris Paul is the reason they have done so well and the reason why most teams might want to avoid them in the bubble/playoffs. He just seems to make everyone on that team better.

Of course let's not discount the advantage of not having a bunch of huge egos on the team too. :nod:

I don’t think most thunder fans would disagree with that assessment. If I were GM, I wouldn’t have managed the team this way but it’s been enjoyable to watch most of the time.
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Post#795 » by 1bigfan13 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:16 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Steven Adams looks really good when rested. Where have I heard that before?

I almost didn't recognize him out there without his customary heavy padding over his arms and elbows and minus his shoulder wrapped up in K-tape and compression material. :D

A healthy and rested Steven Adams looked damn good.
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Post#796 » by 1bigfan13 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:32 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Well it was a scrimmage so nothing too conclusive can be taken from it. I watched casually for the first half and got to see the second half undistracted. A few things I noticed...

Shai is still smooth and a pleasure to watch.
Bazley does rookie things but still has some moments that are somewhat promising.
Diallo and Ferguson continue to battle for worst player on the team. Diallo’s step back long two airball made for a good laugh.
I forgot Burton played for the thunder.
Dre.

I had hopes for Diallo developing into a dependable role player off the bench but he's entirely too inconsistent. I think I'd still take him over Ferguson. Somehow Ferguson has found a way to make himself into a worse offensive player than Andre Roberson.

As for the positives:
- Shai showed that he still has a knack for creating shots at the rim.
- That 4th quarter 3-guard + Gallinari & Adams lineup is still clicking at a high level. They used it for a good stretch during the 2nd qtr and they ended up pushing their lead from something like a 3 point lead to a double-digit lead.
- Bazley and Dort continue to flash and gave me hope that we could possibly have enough ammo to get out of the 1st round for a change. I like that they both play with confidence and neither is scared to compete. That's been one of Ferguson's biggest issues, IMO.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#797 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:26 pm

1bigfan13 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Steven Adams looks really good when rested. Where have I heard that before?

I almost didn't recognize him out there without his customary heavy padding over his arms and elbows and minus his shoulder wrapped up in K-tape and compression material. :D

A healthy and rested Steven Adams looked damn good.

He looked leaner too, in my opinion.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#798 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#799 » by getrichordie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
[twitter] @thunderdustin
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#800 » by spearsy23 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:46 pm

All hail our lord and savior on-tre Roberson
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder