ImageImageImageImage

NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 2: LA Lakers v. Orlando Magic 12 p.m. EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 2: LA Lakers v. Orlando Magic 12 p.m. EST 

Post#161 » by Skin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:36 pm

Well, I didn't get to watch the game, but your Bamba commentary was FANTASTIC entertainment guys! :D :D :D

KillMonger wrote:jesus man somebody that looks like dudley is playing but bamba can't....dudley looks like he just stepped out of the cheesecake factory but he's playing and bamba's the one out of shape....lmao

PrimeThyme wrote:I think I've seen enough. Hopefully someone records Bambas 30 seconds of playtime in the second half if we feel he's In shape enough. He may need some extended rest after that game the other day.

Or are we going with the theory that he is being punished? Nothing like limiting an already limited minutes player after a 4-month hiatus in an exhibition game to teach a lesson. That will show him.

MagicStarwipe wrote:He's going to come in and pull a muscle because he's sat on his ass for 2 hours.

The Effect wrote:I think it says alot about his skill level that even on a team that is missing 2 starters, is shooting 15%, no one is playing defense, the middle of the key is getting ABUSED, and everyone is playing hero (zero) ball and yet the coach still wont put him

But hey, atleast he put on 30lbs of muscle, really helping him

The Effect wrote:Bamba sucks in general, not even gonna waste time explaining why

The Effect wrote:Hes extremely lazy on the court, and literally only tries if he thinks hes gonna get a sportscenter highlight. He doesnt hustle, he jogs back and forth, plays no 1 on 1 defense (tries cheating too much to make the big block instead of defending his guy) and as ive said, he has NO OFFENSIVE GAME! The coaches have watched him in games and practices and have decided hes not worth playing.

And for the people saying he has bide to vets and that the team doesnt like younger players........The guy above him, Birch has only been in the NBA 1 year longer (yes i know he played in europe), Iwundu has been playing, Frazier is playing today. Fultz played big minutes all season, isaac was a full time starter starting in year 2. Its bamba, not the situation

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ChosenSavior wrote:Mo finally in the game.

MagicStarwipe wrote:Mo Asthma checks in.

ChosenSavior wrote:Mo is showing a nice presence in the paint.

Knightro wrote:Bamba's actually willing to box guys out now :lol:

Rockzin4 wrote:Bamba impacting defense early.

Bensational wrote:Mo is doing really good doubling on LeBron. Definitely seems to have slowed him in the paint on this stretch.

KillMonger wrote:defensively he's definitely a factor

Knightro wrote:I am all the way in on Swole Bamba.

MagicStarwipe wrote:Mo hasn't dropped dead yet.

ChosenSavior wrote:Swole Bamba for 3

MagicStarwipe wrote:Yeah, at least half of Bamba's weight gain is fat, but he's playing well.

Knightro wrote:9 points and 6 rebounds for Swole in just 8 minutes.

Light work!

KillMonger wrote:bamba leaves the game lakers start attacking the rim cause they know birch provides 0 rim protection

zaymon wrote:Well it was not a total disaster of a game. S...Bamba played really well...
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Re: NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 2: LA Lakers v. Orlando Magic 12 p.m. EST 

Post#162 » by Skybox » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Didn’t see it but box score says DJ did great in his audition for vet minimum ring-chasing next year :lol:
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#163 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:28 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
NotACat wrote:This is so dumb. The players individually obviously want to win, but no team is going to put in their starters and risk an injury to win a scrimmage game. Let the end of bench player play this out

who wants the starters in? the bench was already in and had a rhythm going just stick with those guys....how is that dumb? he switched to the g-league lineup when it was fine with what he had on the floor

Those guys need some evaluation minutes as well during this warm up period. We need to see what we have. This is going to be a crazy race to the finish of a shortened season and we don't know what we have from a few key players coming off a long layoff. We may very well have to go deeper than we want to in meaningful games. It is best to learn who we may need to count on now.
Evaluation minutes? For these cats? Bro those dudes are going to be playing in LA Liga next season.... What is there to evaluate with these guys who are pretty much a known quantity? Honestly I don't have an issue with that.... Just at that point in the game we were still close and we had a good rhythm with the guys we had out there(not starters, rotation guys) just stick with those guys. I didn't think there was a need to go to the globe trotter lineup
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,906

Post#164 » by Knightro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Bamba looked better today than he did in the first scrimmage from a huffing and puffing standpoint for sure.

He still looks slower than he did before, but the strength difference is certainly noticeable in a good way.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#165 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:33 pm

KillMonger wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:who wants the starters in? the bench was already in and had a rhythm going just stick with those guys....how is that dumb? he switched to the g-league lineup when it was fine with what he had on the floor

Those guys need some evaluation minutes as well during this warm up period. We need to see what we have. This is going to be a crazy race to the finish of a shortened season and we don't know what we have from a few key players coming off a long layoff. We may very well have to go deeper than we want to in meaningful games. It is best to learn who we may need to count on now.
Evaluation minutes? For these cats? Bro those dudes are going to be playing in LA Liga next season.... What is there to evaluate with these guys who are pretty much a known quantity? Honestly I don't have an issue with that.... Just at that point in the game we were still close and we had a good rhythm with the guys we had out there(not starters, rotation guys) just stick with those guys. I didn't think there was a need to go to the globe trotter lineup

... you’re right. It’s unacceptable. So much so that they don’t deserve you. You should boycott them (and hopefully this forum) for the remainder of the comeback season for attempting such a disrespectful lineup in a critical scrimmage game.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#166 » by Ducklett » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:40 pm

Skin wrote:Well, I didn't get to watch the game, but your Bamba commentary was FANTASTIC entertainment guys! :D :D :D

KillMonger wrote:jesus man somebody that looks like dudley is playing but bamba can't....dudley looks like he just stepped out of the cheesecake factory but he's playing and bamba's the one out of shape....lmao

PrimeThyme wrote:I think I've seen enough. Hopefully someone records Bambas 30 seconds of playtime in the second half if we feel he's In shape enough. He may need some extended rest after that game the other day.

Or are we going with the theory that he is being punished? Nothing like limiting an already limited minutes player after a 4-month hiatus in an exhibition game to teach a lesson. That will show him.

MagicStarwipe wrote:He's going to come in and pull a muscle because he's sat on his ass for 2 hours.

The Effect wrote:I think it says alot about his skill level that even on a team that is missing 2 starters, is shooting 15%, no one is playing defense, the middle of the key is getting ABUSED, and everyone is playing hero (zero) ball and yet the coach still wont put him

But hey, atleast he put on 30lbs of muscle, really helping him

The Effect wrote:Bamba sucks in general, not even gonna waste time explaining why

The Effect wrote:Hes extremely lazy on the court, and literally only tries if he thinks hes gonna get a sportscenter highlight. He doesnt hustle, he jogs back and forth, plays no 1 on 1 defense (tries cheating too much to make the big block instead of defending his guy) and as ive said, he has NO OFFENSIVE GAME! The coaches have watched him in games and practices and have decided hes not worth playing.

And for the people saying he has bide to vets and that the team doesnt like younger players........The guy above him, Birch has only been in the NBA 1 year longer (yes i know he played in europe), Iwundu has been playing, Frazier is playing today. Fultz played big minutes all season, isaac was a full time starter starting in year 2. Its bamba, not the situation

ChosenSavior wrote:Mo finally in the game.

MagicStarwipe wrote:Mo Asthma checks in.

ChosenSavior wrote:Mo is showing a nice presence in the paint.

Knightro wrote:Bamba's actually willing to box guys out now :lol:

Rockzin4 wrote:Bamba impacting defense early.

Bensational wrote:Mo is doing really good doubling on LeBron. Definitely seems to have slowed him in the paint on this stretch.

KillMonger wrote:defensively he's definitely a factor

Knightro wrote:I am all the way in on Swole Bamba.

MagicStarwipe wrote:Mo hasn't dropped dead yet.

ChosenSavior wrote:Swole Bamba for 3

MagicStarwipe wrote:Yeah, at least half of Bamba's weight gain is fat, but he's playing well.

Knightro wrote:9 points and 6 rebounds for Swole in just 8 minutes.

Light work!

KillMonger wrote:bamba leaves the game lakers start attacking the rim cause they know birch provides 0 rim protection

zaymon wrote:Well it was not a total disaster of a game. S...Bamba played really well...

I know I have been gone for a while because... well this board turned to crap for months. This is one of the best posts in a long time Skin. Seriously. The reason I stopped posting in here well documented all in one thread. Much love friend.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#167 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:00 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

... you’re right. It’s unacceptable. So much so that they don’t deserve you. You should boycott them (and hopefully this forum) for the remainder of the comeback season for attempting such a disrespectful lineup in a critical scrimmage game.

sarcasm....duly noted.....hyperbole not necessary, i concede lol....i will boycott...i'll start with you
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#168 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:05 pm

My frustration was with the coaching staff/FO not with Bamba. He needs to play himself into shape. I'm not into relegating him to 3rd string center duty and less than 10 mpg.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#169 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:08 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:My frustration was with the coaching staff/FO not with Bamba. He needs to play himself into shape. I'm not into relegating him to 3rd string center duty and less than 10 mpg.

feel the same way, i mean we spent a 6th overall pick on him...let's see what he's got....preferably before we have to pay him again just to find out
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#170 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:12 pm

Watching the postgame and it looks like Cliff has a goiter or maybe I'm seeing things. It looks plan as day that he has an enlarged thyroid to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Post#171 » by SOUL » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Some people just want Mo to fail lol. You can see it in the posts no matter how much they try to hide it. He made some real defensive strides this year despite still being lost at times, and has the tools for his offense to be better as long as he keeps his conditioning and confidence up.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#172 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:31 pm

SOUL wrote:Some people just want Mo to fail lol. You can see it in the posts no matter how much they try to hide it. He made some real defensive strides this year despite still being lost at times, and has the tools for his offense to be better as long as he keeps his conditioning and confidence up.

opportunity is important as well, he should be able to get some touches in the 2nd unit....t-ross can't take every shot
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#173 » by RookieStar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:40 pm

KillMonger wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:who wants the starters in? the bench was already in and had a rhythm going just stick with those guys....how is that dumb? he switched to the g-league lineup when it was fine with what he had on the floor

I will be the first to admit that we don't need evaluation for these end of bench guys. However, every team seems to have them and is playing them in this bubble. Don't tell me the Magic is too good compared to play end of bench guys compared to them?

Also, it might be somewhat of a "reward" for going into the bubble with the team. Gets playing time to showcase whatever in these meaningless scrimmages. ( yes for them having a contract with the team is reward enough even if they have to play in Iraq or Afghanistan )
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#174 » by RookieStar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Also,to those of us unable to watch the game. Is there a replay?

OR if not, a mixtape of Mo's limited -time greatness where he didn't collapse due to the heavy load we are giving him?

* look at that.. played 8mins. Quite an improvement from the 6mins. *
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#175 » by Skin » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:42 am

RookieStar wrote:Also,to those of us unable to watch the game. Is there a replay?

OR if not, a mixtape of Mo's limited -time greatness where he didn't collapse due to the heavy load we are giving him?

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#176 » by RookieStar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Skin wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Also,to those of us unable to watch the game. Is there a replay?

Thank you!

Return to Orlando Magic