ImageImageImageImage

Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates 

Post#301 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am

Gotta say, I wasn't a fan of the fan noise being pumped into todays games. Sounded artificial, annoying and out of context. I much preferred the summer league feel of the first day with a bit of music pumped in.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#302 » by j-ragg » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:41 pm

I agree with the notion we coddle our players too much.

They ruled Markelle out but didn’t rule Isaac out, is that a good sign? Wouldn’t have expected him back just yet but can’t hurt to hope.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#303 » by Def Swami » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:31 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Gotta say, I wasn't a fan of the fan noise being pumped into todays games. Sounded artificial, annoying and out of context. I much preferred the summer league feel of the first day with a bit of music pumped in.

Agree. It was just annoying. Also, the Fox Sports Florida crew probably did the best production job of all the local RSN's. The Denver Nuggets local broadcast was basically a 4 way Zoom call with the announcing crew in the top of the screen incessantly talking and diminishing the size of the screen of the actual gameplay. Get those dudes off the screen. No one wants to see them smh.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#304 » by Def Swami » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Knightro wrote:When Markelle Fultz or any other Magic player is held out of a regular season game because of "conditioning" reasons, I give every single person on the board permission to roast me.

Until that happens, just take a breath lol.

Not that I disagree with this, but I anticipate there will be a lot of "load management" during the regular season. I could see teams treating the early regular season like a "pre-season" and simply making sure guys are healthy to ramp up for the playoffs. Especially for teams where their seeding is locked in.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#305 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:44 pm

After the game tomorrow I believe they said every game is 1 day off except for 1 b2b. So there are going to be a ton of games in rapid succession. Load management. Mo gonna be getting DNPs so he can catch a breath.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#306 » by j-ragg » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Def Swami wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Gotta say, I wasn't a fan of the fan noise being pumped into todays games. Sounded artificial, annoying and out of context. I much preferred the summer league feel of the first day with a bit of music pumped in.

Agree. It was just annoying. Also, the Fox Sports Florida crew probably did the best production job of all the local RSN's. local broadcast was basically a 4 way Zoom call with the announcing crew in the top of the screen incessantly talking and diminishing the size of the screen of the actual gameplay.

This was hilariously bad. They'd be talking over each other too with delays, all around mess.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#307 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 pm

I've been curious/concerned with Fultz during the break regarding his shot and TOS - delaying his first appearance heightens that a bit. His shot from 18-20 ft was looking really good right before the break. Would hate for him to regress at this point.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 889

Post#308 » by Bakomagic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:58 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:I've been curious/concerned with Fultz during the break regarding his shot and TOS - delaying his first appearance heightens that a bit. His shot from 18-20 ft was looking really good right before the break. Would hate for him to regress at this point.

Wouldn't the time off benefit his TOS, I thought it was an overuse injury? He may need some time to get back in a shooting rhythm though.

As far as Ji not being ruled out yet vs Fultz being ruled out (Saturday), my take is that this may show that the team is being honest about Fultz "just" needing to get his cardio up because JI has been working out with the team in the bubble longer even though he is coming back from injury.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#309 » by Def Swami » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,907

Post#310 » by Knightro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#311 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is just giving us Magic fans blue balls...
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#312 » by NotACat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's the last scrimmage too. I hope at least Fultz can play on Monday
Black Lives Matter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,907

Post#313 » by Knightro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:44 pm

I think there's a 100% chance Fultz is starting at PG against the Nets on 7/31 barring him suffering an injury between now and then.

Isaac I'm less certain of, but I think there's a good chance he's in the rotation as well.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#314 » by KillMonger » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Knightro wrote:When Markelle Fultz or any other Magic player is held out of a regular season game because of "conditioning" reasons, I give every single person on the board permission to roast me.

Until that happens, just take a breath lol.

Not that I disagree with this, but I anticipate there will be a lot of "load management" during the regular season. I could see teams treating the early regular season like a "pre-season" and simply making sure guys are healthy to ramp up for the playoffs. Especially for teams where their seeding is locked in.

yeah but do we have that luxury? these games mean a lot to us....i want to very much avoid the bucks....so yeah i would've preferred them to play in these scrimmages and get rhythm because you can't get rhythm in practice
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#315 » by KillMonger » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:02 pm

listening to mo bamba's interview today is a bit interesting...even he is getting frustrated with his minute restrictions....he says he appreciates the team caring about his health but at the same time he's ready to go.....i guess they're doing it for his own good?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#316 » by drsd » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:22 am

Knightro wrote:I think there's a 100% chance Fultz is starting at PG against the Nets on 7/31 barring him suffering an injury between now and then.

Isaac I'm less certain of, but I think there's a good chance he's in the rotation as well.

If Fultz and Isaac are starters on "opening" night, I would pencil this as the depth chart:

Fultz/Augustin
Fournier/Carter-Williams
Isaac/Ross/Iwundu
Gordon
Vučević/Bamba

Birch and Ennis would only get situational minutes (for example, because of foul trouble).

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#317 » by zaymon » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:35 am

drsd wrote:
Knightro wrote:I think there's a 100% chance Fultz is starting at PG against the Nets on 7/31 barring him suffering an injury between now and then.

If Fultz and Isaac are starters on "opening" night, I would pencil this as the depth chart:

Fultz/Augustin
Fournier/Carter-Williams
Isaac/Ross/Iwundu
Gordon
Vučević/Bamba

Birch and Ennis would only get situational minutes (for example, because of foul trouble).

I think its
Fultz/Augustine
Fournier/MCW
Ennis/ Ross
Gordon/ Isaac
Vucevic/ Bamba.

We can still showcase Gordon at his more natural position, Isaac can give some of his energy to Bamba. ( and cover his mistakes).
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#318 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:23 pm

zaymon wrote:
drsd wrote:

Fultz/Augustin
Fournier/Carter-Williams
Isaac/Ross/Iwundu
Gordon
Vučević/Bamba

I think its
Fultz/Augustine
Fournier/MCW
Ennis/ Ross
Gordon/ Isaac
Vucevic/ Bamba.

We can still showcase Gordon at his more natural position, Isaac can give some of his energy to Bamba. ( and cover his mistakes).
If we play Toronto, I like Isaac as the backup center and match minutes with Ibaka. Clifford rarely ever tries anything different though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#319 » by Def Swami » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:56 pm

woooooow lol
Read on Twitter
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#320 » by RookieStar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:58 am

Def Swami wrote:woooooow lol
Read on Twitter

He is making a mockery of what the rest of tue league is trying to do. Going to stripclub and partying ( you really believe his excusr that he just went there for the food? ) while tue rest are in the bubble?

Return to Orlando Magic