:lol: :lol:
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,213

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#542 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:things this kid can do at his size are absurd

Read on Twitter

The video is concerning in terms of his knee. Very awkward buckling potential.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#543 » by Stillwater » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:57 pm

the skill was always there...so can he overcome the odds of his body failing? he still should have gone mid-late 1st at worst imo
but the fact he didnt makes me think the meds were absolutely terrifying or somebody would have pulled the trigger sooner. too much potential to not. I think Denver will count there blessings if he makes it through the bubble tbh
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#544 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:21 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:things this kid can do at his size are absurd

Read on Twitter

The video is concerning in terms of his knee. Very awkward buckling potential.

Jerian Grant is the one who's knee almost buckled there - and he's a guard. Amazing move for a guy 7'2.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#545 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:Jerian Grant is the one who's knee almost buckled there - and he's a guard. Amazing move for a guy 7'2.

Yeah man but if you don't see Bol's knee angle there, you're not looking. Grant just slipped. But that is how Bol runs. It's precarious. I like Bol a lot. Had him 15 on my board. Just hope he stays healthy.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#546 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:37 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Jerian Grant is the one who's knee almost buckled there - and he's a guard. Amazing move for a guy 7'2.

Yeah man but if you don't see Bol's knee angle there, you're not looking. Grant just slipped. But that is how Bol runs. It's precarious. I like Bol a lot. Had him 15 on my board. Just hope he stays healthy.

Agreed... we all know he's always going to have the injury question - even if he plays 82 games a season (which he won't). But Grant slipped in part because he was burned by Bol.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#547 » by Justwar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Agreed... we all know he's always going to have the injury question - even if he plays 82 games a season (which he won't). But Grant slipped in part because he was burned by Bol.

In a real game and not a scrimmage, that first dribble past the 3pt line would have been stolen
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#548 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Ruzious wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Never said otherwise. My comment literally had nothing to do with his skill level, but his biomechanics.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#549 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:48 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Never said otherwise. My comment literally had nothing to do with his skill level, but his biomechanics.

Well, you did say Grant just slipped. Anyway, we agree.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#550 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:26 am

Justwar wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

In a real game and not a scrimmage, that first dribble past the 3pt line would have been stolen

'he can do this in high school but he won't do it in college'

'he can do this in college but he can't do it in the nba'

'he can do it in a scrimmage but he can't do it in a real game'
clyde21
RealGM

Post#551 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:09 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM

Post#552 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:11 am

Read on Twitter

'DoESNt AcT LiKe A pRo'

:lol:
clyde21
RealGM

Post#553 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:18 am

lol...ridiculous

Read on Twitter
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#554 » by MemphisX » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:21 am

clyde21 wrote:lol...ridiculous

Read on Twitter

A 7'2 guy tracking like that is pretty special...
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,323

Post#555 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:23 am

If Bol Bol can stay healthy he has the potential to be a pretty special player.

I remember watching a lot of film on him as he was in contention for my Pistons with the 15th pick in the draft last year. And then when he was still on the board at 30 (which we ended up trading for second rounders) I was really hoping we would take him or KPJ. Instead we ended up with Deividas Sirvydis who most likely won't ever play meaningful minutes in the NBA. Sigh.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#556 » by Ruzious » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:33 am

Mr Peanut wrote:If Bol Bol can stay healthy he has the potential to be a pretty special player.

I remember watching a lot of film on him as he was in contention for my Pistons with the 15th pick in the draft last year. And then when he was still on the board at 30 (which we ended up trading for second rounders) I was really hoping we would take him or KPJ. Instead we ended up with Deividas Sirvydis who most likely won't ever play meaningful minutes in the NBA. Sigh.

And when the Wiz bought the 42nd pick, I thought it was for Bol. They pick Admiral Schofield, lol. Bol goes 2 picks later.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#557 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:If Bol Bol can stay healthy he has the potential to be a pretty special player.

does Deividas act like a pro tho thats the most important question
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,869

Post#558 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:31 pm

There really is no defensible reason that he fell so far. The guy could have a ticking time bomb implanted in his leg that guarantees he only plays 4 seasons and he would still be worthy of at least a late R1 pick.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#559 » by King Ken » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:27 pm

He was tied for 4th on my big board last year and is showing why
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#560 » by Hoopz Afrik » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:21 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:There really is no defensible reason that he fell so far. The guy could have a ticking time bomb implanted in his leg that guarantees he only plays 4 seasons and he would still be worthy of at least a late R1 pick.

Exactly how I see it
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Return to NBA Draft