Denver Nuggets vs. New Orleans Pelicans

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Denver Nuggets vs. New Orleans Pelicans 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Not sure what to predict - not even who to project as starters - just looking forward to another game
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Re: Denver Nuggets vs. New Orleans Pelicans 

Post#2 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:01 am

8:30 Eastern 6:30 Mountain

Wonder if Murray and Harris will play?
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:11 am

Jokic back playing PG, I understood when we were short-handed but Malone is not doing the team any favors IMO. When do we start playing to our strengths, building team chemistry....Malone is SOO FRUSTRATING !!! :banghead:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:44 am

Killed by the NOP bench and TC's poor shooting. Allowing opponents 10% better shooting from 2-pt/3pt range, wonder how Nuggets, including Malone was reminiscing on their golf game ?? :roll:

skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:46 am

Only good thing...this game doesn't count

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:59 am

The zone defense hurt us but it just made sense based on our roster. The good news is; any team scouting us now is wasting their time. :lol: The bad news is; our team isn't getting ready for the 8 games - not really. :rolleyes: But that's okay; we're in a fairly good position. :nod:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#7 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:30 am

In general, I don't care about the result of such a game, but -15 is a little bit too much. Someone says during the game that MPJ is in quarantine protocol, so it is not Malone to be blamed this time if the information is true.

Troy Daniels played both this Disney games so far on "Too Good to be True" level, but no matter we all know he is not that good, it is nice to see we definitely have now a trustful 3pt backup option (+Bol), which is very important after we lose Beasley (+Juancho) for nothing.

Talking about Bol, just like in first game I have once again some vibes of Porzigins rookie season, with that big difference - we grabbed this rookie as #44 pick, not #4. :D No-look pass from Joker is a good sign of their growing chemistry, but what I don't like to see about Bol is bad shot selections. He is an NBA player now, and must already know that in the modern game 19-21 footers are pointless and not legit options anymore (except as buzzers), even as open shots.

The biggest disappointment tonight is Grant. With Milsap out, I expected to see him as a better PF starter than tonight against the team which played without both starting forwards, Zion and Ingram.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#8 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:35 am

You look at Jokic's numbers and you would think he had a good game. He was definitely not himself, missing multiple shots at the basket. Grant had his issues as well. Plumlee had great numbers but looked terrible on defense. Of course, who cares it is a scrimmage after all.

Bol tired at the end but he continues to open eyes. During the broadcast, Hastings said that the the skill level Bol is showing is going to force the Nuggets to play him. Watching him stand at the 3 point line and drill shots is a sight to behold. Tough to block a 7 footer at the perimeter.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:48 am

THE J0KER wrote:In general, I don't care about the result of such a game, but -15 is a little bit too much. Someone says during the game that MPJ is in quarantine protocol, so it is not Malone to be blamed this time if the information is true.

Troy Daniels played both this Disney games so far on "Too Good to be True" level, but no matter we all know he is not that good, it is nice to see we definitely have now a trustful 3pt backup option (+Bol), which is very important after we lose Beasley (+Juancho) for nothing.

Talking about Bol, just like in first game I have once again some vibes of Porzigins rookie season, with that big difference - we grabbed this rookie as #44 pick, not #4. :D No-look pass from Joker is a good sign of their growing chemistry, but what I don't like to see about Bol is bad shot selections. He is an NBA player now, and must already know that in the modern game 19-21 footers are pointless and not legit options anymore (except as buzzers), even as open shots.

The biggest disappointment tonight is Grant. With Milsap out, I expected to see him as a better PF starter than tonight against the team which played without both starting forwards, Zion and Ingram.

Yeah, Grant has another poor showing but again, he was playing SG. His 3-pt (shooting in general) was off again tonight, TC was worse IMO but if I'm to give Grant a pass, Craig's 1st game outta Protocol seems fair not to bite on him as well.

But honestly, most of us knew or heard rumors of this startup, strange these millionaires couldn't get their crap together, prepare better, get tested knowing ahead of time what was coming....do you blame the FO or the players....I take umbridge with both to be honest. coddled S.O.B's. And they could've just opted out, pathetic preparation IMO.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#10 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:06 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:In general, I don't care about the result of such a game, but -15 is a little bit too much. Someone says during the game that MPJ is in quarantine protocol, so it is not Malone to be blamed this time if the information is true.

Yeah, Grant has another poor showing but again, he was playing SG. His 3-pt (shooting in general) was off again tonight, TC was worse IMO but if I'm to give Grant a pass, Craig's 1st game outta Protocol seems fair not to bite on him as well.

But honestly, most of us knew or heard rumors of this startup, strange these millionaires couldn't get their crap together, prepare better, get tested knowing ahead of time what was coming....do you blame the FO or the players....I take umbridge with both to be honest. coddled S.O.B's. And they could've just opted out, pathetic preparation IMO.

I really don't want to take these games too seriously, so I'm not so curious about what is explanations and excuses for these guys. I'm talking only about those who played, and now after taking look on boxscore I'm even more disappointed with Grant. Only 8 Nuggets played, all over 25 minutes, and in +/- column Jokic has +6, Bol +3, but Grant -27!
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Saw Torrey Craig was scheduled to start vs. NOP...did he not get the memo ???

Return to Denver Nuggets