Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#941 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:07 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o :o :o

Most impressive, but are his skills up to the task? A challenge has been offered.

:D

Nunchuk Fighting Zoo Bear, meet Grandmaster Po, from China.

Prepare to die!!!!

There can be only one bear with such masterful dexterity and martial arts skill.

We shall soon see who is THE REAL Kung Fu Panda ...

Who the hell does that zoo bear think he is?

:nod:

:lol:
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#942 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:06 pm

We got our first case of coronavirus at the office today. We're not being told the identity of the person - I think because of Hipaa laws. HR is telling us they will contact anyone they think that person was in contact with today. They told us to leave the building now, and our floor will be cleaned thoroughly over the weekend and ready for us to come back to work on Monday. This sucks. I know not everyone's been following the mask requirements - most wear masks but don't cover their noses - some not even their mouths. But they've been good about spacing. I'd really like to know who it is - just for peace of mind. Tomorrow I'm going to my Dad's 89th birthday party - don't want to risk passing that on even knowing we're doing the masks and spacing thing. This sucks - I shouldn't have told my brother about it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#943 » by payitforward » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:14 am

Ruz -- a sad drag! I'm sure it would be a disappointment to miss your Dad's celebration, but... well, I wouldn't presume to advise you (or, really, even know what advice to give).

You'll be on my mind....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#944 » by miller31time » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:43 am

Sorry, Ruz. That’s a really unfair situation you’re being forced into by your job/co-workers.

Just shows that if everyone was just doing the bare-freaking-minimum and wearing masks at all times (properly!), so much of this could be avoided.

Happy birthday to your dad, though!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#945 » by Ruzious » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks guys. I ended up going after my microbiologist brother gave me the go-ahead. I just made extra sure that my mask covered my nose at all times other than eating - and kept plenty of distance. It was a great time - even with the heat and mosquitoes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#946 » by payitforward » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:55 am

Great! 89 -- wow! Good for him.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#947 » by WallToWall » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:50 am

Ruzious wrote:We got our first case of coronavirus at the office today. We're not being told the identity of the person - I think because of Hipaa laws. HR is telling us they will contact anyone they think that person was in contact with today. They told us to leave the building now, and our floor will be cleaned thoroughly over the weekend and ready for us to come back to work on Monday. This sucks. I know not everyone's been following the mask requirements - most wear masks but don't cover their noses - some not even their mouths. But they've been good about spacing. I'd really like to know who it is - just for peace of mind. Tomorrow I'm going to my Dad's 89th birthday party - don't want to risk passing that on even knowing we're doing the masks and spacing thing. This sucks - I shouldn't have told my brother about it.

my somewhat informed advice... stay away from your dad, if you must attend. The better thing to do would be to stay away completely from the party, and attend his 90th.
My grandfathers brother passed away at a nursing home at the ripe age of 101, due to covid19. He lived a good life, so I am not so upset about that. I am upset that he passed away alone and his sons and daughter could not see him...forget about me and other relatives further removed. Well, he did see one son while the son was all decked out in level-3 protection gear, so I'm sure granddaddy had no clue about who was seeing him or what was going on.
This virus is no picnic for the old and fragile. Dont take any chances, if you value their lives.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#948 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:06 am

WallToWall wrote:
Ruzious wrote:We got our first case of coronavirus at the office today. We're not being told the identity of the person - I think because of Hipaa laws. HR is telling us they will contact anyone they think that person was in contact with today. They told us to leave the building now, and our floor will be cleaned thoroughly over the weekend and ready for us to come back to work on Monday. This sucks. I know not everyone's been following the mask requirements - most wear masks but don't cover their noses - some not even their mouths. But they've been good about spacing. I'd really like to know who it is - just for peace of mind. Tomorrow I'm going to my Dad's 89th birthday party - don't want to risk passing that on even knowing we're doing the masks and spacing thing. This sucks - I shouldn't have told my brother about it.

my somewhat informed advice... stay away from your dad, if you must attend. The better thing to do would be to stay away completely from the party, and attend his 90th.
My grandfathers brother passed away at a nursing home at the ripe age of 101, due to covid19. He lived a good life, so I am not so upset about that. I am upset that he passed away alone and his sons and daughter could not see him...forget about me and other relatives further removed. Well, he did see one son while the son was all decked out in level-3 protection gear, so I'm sure granddaddy had no clue about who was seeing him or what was going on.
This virus is no picnic for the old and fragile. Dont take any chances, if you value their lives.

WallToWall, I appreciate your advice, and man - I'm sorry for your loss.

Raise my cup of water to all of you - hoping all of us reach 101 healthy and happy in our own ways.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#949 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 6, 2020 10:14 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
RealGM

Post#950 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:08 pm

Happy Belated Birthday to your Dad!

(My Dad, if alive would still be 89 years old until November)
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#951 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:11 pm

Coronavirus and this year, 2020, have been outrageous!
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#952 » by Ruzious » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm

There are Coronaidiots everywhere. I do volunteer work for my local library, (not the one in the article), and this kinda stuff makes you wonder what's wrong with people. https://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ac-cn-aacpl-board-vote-0814-20200813-pi6xfnteizhbvpfokrp2n6ekpa-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0ZsM_C2aPLOdpre4zC04hUerENQ3AKJpxlZ-t4umP0x7pxi-wGyAv8NHo
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#953 » by dckingsfan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:There are Coronaidiots everywhere. I do volunteer work for my local library, (not the one in the article), and this kinda stuff makes you wonder what's wrong with people. https://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ac-cn-aacpl-board-vote-0814-20200813-pi6xfnteizhbvpfokrp2n6ekpa-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0ZsM_C2aPLOdpre4zC04hUerENQ3AKJpxlZ-t4umP0x7pxi-wGyAv8NHo

And just in case you need to identify the various covidiot birds...

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/26/a-field-guide-to-the-pandemic-deniers/
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#954 » by montestewart » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:07 pm

We need more input from survivors of Nazi Germany, Jews and non-Jews, on whether having to wear a mask is just like Nazi Germany. Other than the concentration camps, extermination of Jews, and invasion of all surrounding countries, they seem pretty similar, right down to the language, accent, and uniforms. Even Nazi state architecture, eugenics programs, and the film industry under the Nazi regime were similar to having to wear a mask. And notice how all the scientists and artists left just as the masks started to take over. Jury's still out, but there are a lot of factors weighing pretty heavily in favor of a finding that "masks are Nazis."
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#955 » by dckingsfan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:22 pm

montestewart wrote:We need to more input from survivors of Nazi Germany, Jews and non-Jews, on whether having to wear a mask is just like Nazi Germany. Other than the concentration camps, extermination of Jews, and invasion of all surrounding countries, they seem pretty similar, right down to the language, accent, and uniforms. Even Nazi state architecture, eugenics programs, and the film industry under the Nazi regime were similar to having to wear a mask. And notice how all the scientists and artists left just as the masks started to take over. Jury's still out, but there are a lot of factors weighing pretty heavily in favor of a finding that "masks are Nazis."

Green font is your friend my friend :D
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#956 » by dckingsfan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 pm

With all that is going on :D

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#957 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:34 pm

So, I find myself waking up in the middle of the day from bizarre dreams, and I'm no longer 100% sure that I'm really awake. Makes me afraid to drive, because some of the dreams I have - I'm somehow driving 2 cars, and I lose track of 1, and i'm sure it's crashed into something. Anyone have something similar?
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,602

Post#958 » by pancakes3 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Javale McGee has 3 rings.
Bullets -> Wizards
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#959 » by LyricalRico » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:23 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Javale McGee has 3 rings.

:jawdrop:
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 462

Post#960 » by bsilver » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Ruzious wrote:So, I find myself waking up in the middle of the day from bizarre dreams, and I'm no longer 100% sure that I'm really awake. Makes me afraid to drive, because some of the dreams I have - I'm somehow driving 2 cars, and I lose track of 1, and i'm sure it's crashed into something. Anyone have something similar?

A few times. They are some of the scariest. When you're having a bad dream, and part of the dream is waking up and things are still bad, but you're really still dreaming.

Almost all of my dreams are unpleasant. "Fortunately", getting older results in getting up to use the bathroom a lot, so dreams don't last too long.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.

Return to Washington Wizards