ImageImageImage

Mavericks NBA restart - Scrimmage games (July 23)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Re: Mavericks NBA restart - Scrimmage games (July 23) 

Post#21 » by Michaellam1987 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:37 am

Our defense is so bad that we have no chance to win if our 3 pt shooting is not falling in a great rate.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#22 » by arkuo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:52 am

We're lacking Brunson and Powell. And those two give quality minutes.

Even if they double their effort in the playoffs its still Clippers in 4, I think. The team still lacks certain pieces and is still too young. They will get there. Just not this year.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#23 » by Imon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:27 am

arkuo wrote:We're lacking Brunson and Powell. And those two give quality minutes.

Even if they double their effort in the playoffs its still Clippers in 4, I think. The team still lacks certain pieces and is still too young. They will get there. Just not this year.

The Mavs have been able to shift Powell's minutes to KP and Boban. Powell obviously does different things but the rotation hasn't exactly fallen apart since his injury.
As for Brunson, I think Barea can basically eat up all of his minutes. IMO Barea is basically like a more aggressive Brunson. Sure, Brunson might be younger and have a few inches on Barea but Barea has more savvy and playoff experience.

As for the playoffs, not much separates the 4th to 7th seeds in the West. These 8 seeding games are crucial. Things could swing pretty wildly between the Jazz, Thunder, Rockets, and Mavs. Wins and losses are going to mean so much for each team.
I could even see the Clippers falling to 3rd under the Nuggets. Whatever the case is, yeah, I think the Clips are probably the worst match-up against the Mavs. Imagine if the Mavs moved up to 6th and the Clips fell to 3rd - wouldn't that be just our luck. :lol:
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#24 » by leolozon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:14 pm

So far, I'm don't feel that good about being surprised. After the scrimmage games, it feels like 7th seed and fast 1st round exit is still how it's going to pan up. I hope they have another gear, but so far :

THG and Wright have been pretty bad.
Curry and DFS have been inconsistent.

Luka still has the same problem with his 3s (3/12) and FTs (14/21). I thought maybe the months off would have improved that part. I also thought not having fans in the stand could help with FTs.

Cleveland has been a positive aspect, but I wonder if it's not too late for this year. Are they really going to give him meaningful minutes even if he performs well?

There's still time. I hope they get that 6th seed.

Return to Dallas Mavericks