ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1141 » by Richard4444 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
The only thing: I'm pretty confident the KNICKS will be going all in on LaMelo. He'd be the face of the franchise, and if reports of his $100 million shoe deal are true, the marketing/PR campaign with him in NY would be off the charts.

How does his shoe deal benefit the Knicks?

A $100 million shoe deal for LaMelo would instantly make him more high-profile -- which in turn, would also make the KNICKS more high-profile since any attention directed at him would also frequently include the team. A deal of that caliber could help get rid of the reputation that we're a joke franchise of bottom feeders and create the perception that we're a legit team with a bonafide "star" whose face (wearing a kNICKS jersey) would take over the media via his show marketing campaign and be seen everywhere.

I dont think so.

I thought the deal would depend on the team he would play. And to deserve that deal he would push to a Knicks signing.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1142 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Read on Twitter

As they face what some expect to be tens of millions per franchise in losses next season, some teams might have to slash payroll, perhaps trading players or electing not to aggressively pursue free agents. Others might offload draft picks.

"I suspect first-round picks will be for sale in this draft," one team executive said. "We haven't really seen that in a decade." The last first-round pick to be sold was in 2013 by the Denver Nuggets (the Utah Jazz selected Rudy Gobert at 27th).

This is what the FO NEEDS to take advantage of. The Knicks have the advantage of being one of the few teams w/ cap space and can take on salary and acquire another pick.

they failed to do so last summer, which was a mistake, but luckily we got a 1st for Morris. Who cares if they have 3 1st round picks? it's not too many, Pelicans had 3 last draft.

If Leon Rose doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, I'll be even more skeptical of his tenure. It just makes too much sense
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,681

Post#1143 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 pm

WT tombout teams might be selling first rounders. i know this is a weak draft, but do the right thing, dolan!

Spoiler:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1144 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:WT tombout teams might be selling first rounders. i know this is a weak draft, but do the right thing, dolan!

Spoiler:

I only think it's a weak draft at the top; the depth in this draft is pretty solid, should produce some good rotational players, which is why they should load up on picks
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1145 » by Richard4444 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

As they face what some expect to be tens of millions per franchise in losses next season, some teams might have to slash payroll, perhaps trading players or electing not to aggressively pursue free agents. Others might offload draft picks.

"I suspect first-round picks will be for sale in this draft," one team executive said. "We haven't really seen that in a decade." The last first-round pick to be sold was in 2013 by the Denver Nuggets (the Utah Jazz selected Rudy Gobert at 27th).

This is what the FO NEEDS to take advantage of. The Knicks have the advantage of being one of the few teams w/ cap space and can take on salary and acquire another pick.

they failed to do so last summer, which was a mistake, but luckily we got a 1st for Morris. Who cares if they have 3 1st round picks? it's not too many, Pelicans had 3 last draft.

If Leon Rose doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, I'll be even more skeptical of his tenure. It just makes too much sense

Yes!. We have all the tools to make a splash in this year draft.

1) We have cap space and money to spend buying picks.

2) We have only about 7 players guaranteed to next year. There are tons of roster spots.

3) We are not seriously contender. So we can bet on inexperienced players.

4) We are also have picks in the next years draft. We could trade a this year draft pick for a future worse pick. Ex: trade pick 2020 24 for Charlote 2021 2RP. The other team save money this season. We anticipate the draft with a relative better pick in a more convenient time for us.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1146 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

2) We have only about 7 players guaranteed to next year. There are tons of roster spots.

4) We are also have picks in the next years draft. We could trade a this year draft pick for a future worse pick. Ex: trade pick 2020 24 for Charlote 2021 2RP. The other team save money this season. We anticipate the draft with a relative better pick in a more convenient time for us.

My dream scenario would be acquiring another 1st, targeting teams like:
-Orlando (8th highest payroll 2020/21)
-Boston (they have 3 1sts)
-76ers (if pick via OKC converts/they have highest 2020/21 payroll)
-Utah (small market team, 11th highest payroll next yr)
-OKC (small market team)

1(1): LaMelo Ball (hoping we get lucky for once in the lottery :pray:)
1(15) via ORL: Saddiq Bey
1(27) via LAC Jalen Smith

I would even try to use Knox to move up for someone like Vassell

also, why not try to move up from 27 a few spots using 3M in cash that teams can use in trades? this yr that should be a valuable tool
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1147 » by Richard4444 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:30 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

-OKC (small market team)

also, why not try to move up from 27 a few spots using 3M in cash that teams can use in trades? this yr that should be a valuable tool

I would add:

1) Wolves 15/16th pick. The cost to re-sign Juancho and Malik could be about 25-30M. The payroll would be next to 130M (without counting MLE).

2) Nets around 20th pick. If they plan to keep Harris (around 15M), Temple (5M), Mwaba (2M), W.Chandler (around 2M), they would spend almost 160M (without counting MLE).

3) Denver around 20th pick. They owe 105M next year. But I assume they want back Milsap, Grant and Craig. These guys can cost them around 30M/40M. They can have a payroll over 140M (without MLE). And they are a small market team and the last team to ever sold a FRP.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1148 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

-OKC (small market team)

I would add:

1) Wolves 15/16th pick. The cost to re-sign Juancho and Malik could be about 25-30M. The payroll would be next to 130M (without counting MLE).

2) Nets around 20th pick. If they plan to keep Harris (around 15M), Temple (5M), Mwaba (2M), W.Chandler (around 2M), they would spend almost 160M (without counting MLE).

3) Denver around 20th pick. They owe 105M next year. But I assume they want back Milsap, Grant and Craig. These guys can cost them around 30M/40M. They can have a payroll over 140M (without MLE). And they are a small market team and the last team to ever sold a FRP.

plenty of opportunities for Rose and the FO to take advantage of. it would be foolish not too
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1149 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:41 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I watched a little of the Miam/Sacramento game and he looked pretty good. On one sequence he grabbed a tough rebound, drove the length of the floor and swooped in for a layup that he, unfortunately, missed (here might've been a foul) but his handle looked smooth.

I think New York would love him. I heard people say he has the intensity of a Kevin Garnett. New York would eat that up. we would love it.

y'all would put harry at the 4? backup 4/5?

And starting at Power Forward Harry GIles.
GIve me a Mitch, Giles front court. Let the good times roll!!

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1150 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:54 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
I think New York would love him. I heard people say he has the intensity of a Kevin Garnett. New York would eat that up. we would love it.

What's going on with him in Sac? I agree, he'd be a nice addition. Quanta costa?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1151 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:28 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:

spacing would not be good with Mitch and Giles. Giles is a non-shooter, he's best as a backup 5
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1152 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:56 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

What's going on with him in Sac? I agree, he'd be a nice addition. Quanta costa?

He is a unproven injury prone Big in a FA class saturated of bigs. I would be surprised if he gets more than a 3/6M deal.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1153 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,447

Post#1154 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:57 pm

There will def be some opportunities to buy some picks. Hopefully we jump on 1 or 2 of them. I really don't want to overspend long term money on mediocre players.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,632

Post#1155 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:There will def be some opportunities to buy some picks. Hopefully we jump on 1 or 2 of them. I really don't want to overspend long term money on mediocre players.

If buying a pick or taking on a little bit of salary get us back in the middle of the 1st round I would love to get in that range. Lot of guys in that late lottery that I really like.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,447

Post#1156 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:There will def be some opportunities to buy some picks. Hopefully we jump on 1 or 2 of them. I really don't want to overspend long term money on mediocre players.

If buying a pick or taking on a little bit of salary get us back in the middle of the 1st round I would love to get in that range. Lot of guys in that late lottery that I really like.

Yea, that would be a good range to move up to. It'll be telling to see if the Knicks even look at those types of deals. Last year, they went all in on spending every penny in free agency with 0 creativity at all.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1157 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Fischella wrote:
Read on Twitter

My thought about this scenario:

1) I dont think Deni is available for the #6-9. If we pick #1-4, I think we can trade up to get LaMello or Edwards. I dont trust Toppin. I would take my chances in Hayes, Haliburton, Kira and maybe Vassel.

2) The suggested roster is depleted of Bigs. Taj and Mitch are not enough as a Center duo. Today Taj is 15 min/g kind of guy. Mitch uses to get in fall trouble and uses to get small injuries. We need more Center options.

3) Harkless and Deni are too small ball PF. I think Thibs likes length.

4) Kudos to the Pesquera to get rid of Randle somehow.

5) I think its important to get a true Stretch 4 like Bertans, Morris, Grant or Gallo.

6) We dont need so many borderline rotation players like Harkless, Taj, Gay, Dotson and Napier. Its better quality than quantity. And by no means, we would pay them more than 5M/y. I think we can get better players or cheaper options for the money.

7) Knox as 4th string PF. He will get a lot of playing time. I assume Pesquera is realistic about no one want his contract for free.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,610

Post#1158 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Fischella wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow no Randle, no Melo, no DSJ. Starting to weed out all the guys who don't represent NYC.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,632

Post#1159 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:33 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow no Randle, no Melo, no DSJ. Starting to weed out all the guys who don't represent NYC.

yeah but bringing in toppin :nonono:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1160 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:57 pm

There is a limit of 5.2M that a team could give for another teams or receive for another teams as cash considerations. *EDIT- The 2019-20 limit is 5,6M. The 5,2 limite was 2018-2019.

Last year Cavs virtually bought Kevin Porter Jr (#30) from Detroit for 5M and 4 lousy SRPs (Utah 20, Portland 21 e 23, Miami Top55 protected).

I think this year teams are more interested about saving money. If we can get a #20 for 5M its a great deal. We could pay about 3M to move up from 27 to 20. Then invest 2M to buy a early second round.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks