ImageImageImageImageImage

Scrimmage: Jazz vs Nets - Monday, 07/27/20, 5:30 PM EST | Fox Sports GO

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: Scrimmage: Jazz vs Nets - Monday, 07/27/20, 5:30 PM EST | Fox Sports GO 

Post#21 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 pm

TLC at PF makes no sense. He's made some really dumb plays. Not sure why we didn't see more Rodi at that spot.

LeVert looked really good. Efficient 14 and 5 for the half. Killed it from mid-range. Looked comfortable as the alpha dog against a really good defensive team. He was clowning Royce O'Neal for a stretch. Struggling with screens as usual though against Mitchell. Our bigs are still damn near at the rim waiting.

Gobert always destroys Allen and Mitchell/Clarkson don't miss against us so I'm impressed we're still in the game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,809

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:53 pm

MGrand15 wrote:TLC at PF makes no sense. He's made some really dumb plays. Not sure why we didn't see more Rodi at that spot.

LeVert looked really good. Efficient 14 and 5 for the half. Killed it from mid-range. Looked comfortable as the alpha dog against a really good defensive team. He was clowning Royce O'Neal for a stretch. Struggling with screens as usual though against Mitchell. Our bigs are still damn near at the rim waiting.

Gobert always destroys Allen and Mitchell/Clarkson don't miss against us so I'm impressed we're still in the game.

Allen has actually played pretty well today. Aside from the absolutely horrific two handed hammer dunk by Gobert :lol: that looked like it hurt
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Caris is balling. I didn't expect him to hit this level so fast in the reboot, but here he is.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:09 pm

We cut the lead down to 3 but two blown lay ups by LeVert gave Utah an out, now we're down 10 again.

Jarrett Allen needs to get a full shape up, they have barbers down there in the bubble I'm not sure why he can't get his facial hair cleaned up and his fro trimmed and edged up.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#25 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 pm

I know he's a trusted vet but Temple hasn't looked good at all in any of the games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 pm

Justin Anderson has some serious range on his shot.

Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#27 » by Born_Ready » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 pm

I'm not sure what the team sees in Martin. A player like Alonzo Trier would have been a better roster spot in my opinion.

Secondly, can the Nets just sign fuggin' Jordan Clarkson already. It doesn't matter what setting it is, he always eats when he plays against Brooklyn.

Lastly, Nets G Leaguers > Jazz G Leaguers..
OKC Thunder fan, too.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#28 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:04 am

Rodi's play has been the biggest positive for me so far in these scrimmages, and it really makes me wonder wtf was really the issue with Kenny to waste almost an entire season of development for Rodi.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#29 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:We cut the lead down to 3 but two blown lay ups by LeVert gave Utah an out, now we're down 10 again.

Jarrett Allen needs to get a full shape up, they have barbers down there in the bubble I'm not sure why he can't get his facial hair cleaned up and his fro trimmed and edged up.
It's interesting that finishing remains Levert's biggest weakness, despite the perception that he's a good finisher. Levert was lethal from mid range today but blew a bunch of easy layups.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 am

Still mad that we wasted a full year of development for Rodi. Idk if there were internal politics on the team (I suspect Rodi was the one that hurt Kyrie's face in preseason) or if Kenny just put him in the dog house - but it was a rare development fail here. Especially with how good his shot looked this year. That's the exact guy we need next to Kyrie + KD. Long, athletic, doesn't need the ball in his hands. Plays hard. Spot up 3s have been money. Of course he's in the game in super garbage time even though he should be a starter and gets hurt.

The team looked absolutely gassed playing regular starter minutes so I'm glad JV used this as a warm up game. LeVert, Allen, and Harris need to get used to 30+ minutes.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#31 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:20 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:We cut the lead down to 3 but two blown lay ups by LeVert gave Utah an out, now we're down 10 again.

It's interesting that finishing remains Levert's biggest weakness, despite the perception that he's a good finisher. Levert was lethal from mid range today but blew a bunch of easy layups.

Is it just me, or does he usually make those lay ups though?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:23 am

MGrand15 wrote:Still mad that we wasted a full year of development for Rodi. Idk if there were internal politics on the team (I suspect Rodi was the one that hurt Kyrie's face in preseason) or if Kenny just put him in the dog house - but it was a rare development fail here. Especially with how good his shot looked this year. That's the exact guy we need next to Kyrie + KD. Long, athletic, doesn't need the ball in his hands. Plays hard. Spot up 3s have been money. Of course he's in the game in super garbage time even though he should be a starter and gets hurt.

The team looked absolutely gassed playing regular starter minutes so I'm glad JV used this as a warm up game. LeVert, Allen, and Harris need to get used to 30+ minutes.

Rodi had a rape allegation hanging over his head. Seems like he's in a better space mentally right now. I'll leave it at that.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:25 am

Born_Ready wrote:I'm not sure what the team sees in Martin. A player like Alonzo Trier would have been a better roster spot in my opinion.

Secondly, can the Nets just sign fuggin' Jordan Clarkson already. It doesn't matter what setting it is, he always eats when he plays against Brooklyn.

Lastly, Nets G Leaguers > Jazz G Leaguers..

I don't see anything in Martin. Not sure what Coach Vaughn does.

Tyler Johnson looks like a keeper.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

I mean those 2 specifically were wide open easy layups. I think he was just tired at the time. JV ramped up the minutes for the starters and it showed.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#35 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:56 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

he is among the worst in the league at his volume from 0-3 feet. he blows some easy ones but also struggles when there is traffic.

good to see the midrange is working. DLO didnt finish well either but found other ways
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#36 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

His % in the paint says otherwise.

Return to Brooklyn Nets