ImageImageImageImage

NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 3: Denver Nuggets v. Orlando Magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Re: NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 3: Denver Nuggets v. Orlando Magic 

Post#201 » by KillMonger » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:16 am

Melvin Fraizer
BJ Johnson
Vic Law
Gary Clark
Birch

All 5 were g-league players and 3 out of the 5 played on the same g-league team....all these guys including birch should barely see any minutes going foward.....evaluation time over, the games become real now
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#202 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 am

KillMonger wrote:Melvin Fraizer
BJ Johnson
Vic Law
Gary Clark
Birch

All 5 were g-league players and 3 out of the 5 played on the same g-league team....all these guys including birch should barely see any minutes going foward.....evaluation time over, the games become real now

I thought Gary played a pretty solid game tonight.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,683

Post#203 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:20 am

EasternMagic wrote:
BJ Johnson
Vic Law
Gary Clark
Birch

I thought all his focus was on fishing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#204 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:25 am

I think Bamba needed a trainer more than a chef. He's clearly out of shape still.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,147

Post#205 » by Knightro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:25 am

BJ Johnson
Vic Law
Gary Clark
Birch

I mean obviously Frazier, Johnson and Law won't sniff the court unless it's a 25 point blowout in either direction.

Clark and Birch could (although they shouldn't) see minutes if the organization is going to insist on limiting Isaac and Bamba's minutes.

But none of these guys are playing any sort of significant role if they even play at all.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#206 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 am

Fournier and Vuc, 14 pts 9 rebs in 51 min. Isaac 13 pts 7 rebs in 7 min.

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#207 » by Def Swami » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 am

I feel like Clifford is just out on Bamba. And he might be right. He sees him every day in practice. I bet if it were up to Clifford, he would just play Birch over Bamba, but he's doing this split as a compromise to the player and front office. I thought Bamba was making some strides toward the end of the season. But, he still has a long way to go. There are some intangible things you can always do that we talked about with Ennis, Clark, and MCW tonight (Isaac always plays breakneck), and sometimes it feels like Bamba is sleepwalking. It also just might be he's not that quick or coordinated. I don't know. Either way, there's not a great way to spin where Bamba is after 2 years. Either his conditioning still isn't up to par to play more minutes (which is the crutch Clifford is rolling with), or he just isn't good enough to earn those minutes.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#208 » by RookieStar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:29 am

Sooo... 3-4 days waiting until we gonna gun for the 7th seed? Hope Bamba loses at least 5lbs with cardio until then.

Seriously, we need to shorten the rotation and not let BIrch play over Bamba anymore. Or if we insist not playing Bamba.. let JI play the backup C minutes. We arent facing any big bruisin physical C that can injure JI anyway.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#209 » by KillMonger » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:31 am

EasternMagic wrote:
BJ Johnson
Vic Law
Gary Clark
Birch

yeah he played well but who's he taking minutes from? Isaac? AG?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#210 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:32 am

Bamba is just out of shape. He's a smart guy, so hopefully he learns how to stay in shape after this.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,147

Post#211 » by Knightro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 am

Def Swami wrote:I feel like Clifford is just out on Bamba. And he might be right. He sees him every day in practice. I bet if it were up to Clifford, he would just play Birch over Bamba, but he's doing this split as a compromise to the player and front office. I thought Bamba was making some strides toward the end of the season. But, he still has a long way to go. There are some intangible things you can always do that we talked about with Ennis, Clark, and MCW tonight (Isaac always plays breakneck), and sometimes it feels like Bamba is sleepwalking. It also just might be he's not that quick or coordinated. I don't know. Either way, there's not a great way to spin where Bamba is after 2 years. Either his conditioning still isn't up to par to play more minutes, or he just isn't good enough to earn those minutes.

I wonder how much of Clifford's distaste for Bamba is residual carryover from last year when Birch was surprisingly good and Bamba was one of the worst players in the entire league?

Because this year, at least statistically speaking, Bamba has been better than Birch in quite literally every statistical category and advanced metric.

Maybe Bamba has a bad attitude that we're not aware of? Maybe he slacks off in practice and in the film room and Clifford just can't stand him for it?

Hard to say.

Now that said... both this season and last season Birch has never actually been ahead of a healthy Bamba in the backup center rotation. Mo was the backup C as a rookie up until he got hurt and has been the backup C this entire season. His role has never changed when healthy.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#212 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:38 am

Glad to see JI back. 7th seed is a must. let's win 2 games in the 1st round
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#213 » by KillMonger » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:40 am

Def Swami wrote:I feel like Clifford is just out on Bamba. And he might be right. He sees him every day in practice. I bet if it were up to Clifford, he would just play Birch over Bamba, but he's doing this split as a compromise to the player and front office. I thought Bamba was making some strides toward the end of the season. But, he still has a long way to go. There are some intangible things you can always do that we talked about with Ennis, Clark, and MCW tonight (Isaac always plays breakneck), and sometimes it feels like Bamba is sleepwalking. It also just might be he's not that quick or coordinated. I don't know. Either way, there's not a great way to spin where Bamba is after 2 years. Either his conditioning still isn't up to par to play more minutes (which is the crutch Clifford is rolling with), or he just isn't good enough to earn those minutes.

i'm hoping it's the former and not the latter.....you see glimpses every now and again but not consistently and then again we haven't gone all in on bamba yet. The opportunity isn't there, you can give him minutes but if he isn't involved in anything then we aren't really trying to develop him, we're just having him fill a role.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#214 » by OrlandO » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:46 am

Good to see Isaac looking very hungry in his first minutes back. Can't wait to see him back in the starting lineup.

Bamba got another minutes bump, but looked disinterested and tired... too passive when playing with the g-leaguers.

Read on Twitter
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#215 » by KillMonger » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:09 am

Lets play a game........

22.3 MPG | 4.3 PPG | 21% FG% | 16.6% 3P%

guess who this line belongs to so far?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#216 » by thelead » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:43 am

KillMonger wrote:Lets play a game........

I'm guessing Evan
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,572

Post#217 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:48 am

Fournier? Lol I'm so tired of him. We just need a half way decent replacement if he where to leave. Right now we currently don't have one. Thats why someone like Jeremy lamb would have been perfect this past off-season instead of aminu. He coukd have plugged right in at the 2 and be just as good.
GO MAGIC
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#218 » by KillMonger » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:49 am

thelead wrote:

I'm guessing Evan

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,131

Post#219 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 am

Well Bamba.... he just lacks something, in terms of will of fighting thru things, like he lacks confidence in himself. Also no excuse to look so winded still, as he did in his first summer league. Totally wasted pick at this point.
aka: prorl
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#220 » by thelead » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:10 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Well Bamba.... he just lacks something, in terms of will of fighting thru things, like he lacks confidence in himself. Also no excuse to look so winded still, as he did in his first summer league. Totally wasted pick at this point.

I very much see the talent there. For some reason (likely being drafted by a team with an 'all-star' center) he appears to be one of those players that needs a change of scenery. Weltman needs to figure out whether he's going to trade him for pennies on the dollar or if he's going to make some moves to allow him to play more, which admittedly, is a gamble.

Sure, we don't 'need' to trade him but if he isn't happy playing 10mpg as a backup and becomes/is disgruntled, I don't see him reaching his actual potential.

Return to Orlando Magic