OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#881 » by SuperSunsFan » Tue Feb 4, 2020 1:56 pm

sunskerr wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:the evilness of this movie is how it manipulates the audience into sympathizing and rationalizing the murderer while hating his victims. while two of the wayne employees deserved what they got and Arthur could get out of any legal liability claiming self defense he gunned down a man running away who no longer poses a threat. He gunned down stephen colbert in cold blood live on TV, the mobs inspired by his murders killed Wayne on the street, what was so evil about him? he took issue with some stranger crazy guy who is an adoptive son of a former employee he might or might not had an affair with claimed to be his son and started stalking his family and made contact with his son. whatever social issues portrayed in this movie is contrived, creating situations that are unrealistic in the real world to manipulate you into hating people in the world this movie is suggestive of.

I am a depression patient as well, somehow you emphasize with Arthur's motive of killing those who looked down on him or ridicule him such as the Conan parody Robert De Niro but you used a condescending Conan gif to ridicule someone who doesn't share your opinion of the movie, what a hypocrite. :noway: :crazy: :nonono:
The movie you adored pretty much promoted a notion that using jokes to ridicule people like you did with your meme to me deserved to be shot, i disagreed with that, i disagreed that what you did to me deserved to be shot as suggested by the movie, and you ridiculed me for that. you didn't get the movie at all, but pretended you did, and defended a movie that criticized you.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#882 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:20 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:^^^^ I've seen suicide squad multiple times and agree with your statement. Maybe 5 years down the line she wont " seem, look" crazy as much anymore.

Did you see Birds of Prey?

Not yet. I asked around few people who saw it they said " if you see the movie watch it primarily for her and dont expect much from other cast members". If you seen it BW give me some insight. Thanks

I saw it and thought it was pretty entertaining, but I'll say that for awhile I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it, so I think it kind of gains steam and gets better at the end. The last half or third are really entertaining action/fight scenes though. I don't remember Suicide Squad real well but I think this was probably quite a bit better.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#883 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:41 am

I am not a likeable person, any tips on how to improve my likeability on social media. Are my comments usually come across as negative, pessimistic and overly critical?
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#884 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 am

i have noticed that i can't write english in a friendly tone. I learned my english from watching tons of movie, and i have noticed something, to make the dialogues interesting movie characters usually talk in a combative voice talking jab poking fun back talking each other even in conversations between friends (guardians of the galaxy and avengers are the prime examples) because that is where i learned my english it has inherent all those traits. I can't write in a way that will come off as polite and friendly to native speakers even if i try because those are tones of speech one pick up from parents as a child and i never had that experience.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#885 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:13 am

^^^^ I am too high right now to answer any questions. I think you are a good lad but go overboard when facts/criticism crosses your way. But at the end of the day, just be yourself as you cant please everybody.

I have crazy munchies arghhh
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#886 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:^^^^ I am too high right now to answer any questions. I think you are a good lad but go overboard when facts/criticism crosses your way. But at the end of the day, just be yourself as you cant please everybody.

funny how you tired to hide a jab in a pretentious friendly advice, instead of saying me going overboard when i encounter a different opinion you insisted to use the word fact to pin me as the one who was wrong and my thin skin self couldn't had it... I usually go overboard when people refuse to look at the truth i presented and continue to let their prejudice clouds their judgement, like when everyone laughed at my suggestion that we should have claimed Marquese off waiver to relief our bench injury woes since he had improved alot training with the Warriors especially his maturity only to have my point proven a few weeks later when he murdered us in our last game before All star break.

fact was in my way when GS, a A+ organization give him a vote of confidence by signing him to a multiyear deal cheap or not, the same people who couldn't stop insisting that we must sign Bender who has been nothing but a complete garbage in the league since he was drafted and a worse player than Marquese but still holding on the belief that he was good because he was the fourth pick in the draft.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#887 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:33 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:^^^^ I am too high right now to answer any questions. I think you are a good lad but go overboard when facts/criticism crosses your way. But at the end of the day, just be yourself as you cant please everybody.

funny how you tired to hide a jab in a pretentious friendly advice, instead of saying me going overboard when i encounter a different opinion you insisted to use the word fact to pin me as the one who was wrong and my thin skin self couldn't had it... I usually go overboard when people refuse to look at the truth i presented and continue to let their prejudice clouds their judgement, like when everyone laughed at my suggestion that we should have claimed Marquese off waiver to relief our bench injury woes since he had improved alot training with the Warriors especially his maturity only to have my point proven a few weeks later when he murdered us in our last game before All star break.

fact was in my way when GS, a A+ organization give him a vote of confidence by signing him to a multiyear deal cheap or not, the same people who couldn't stop insisting that we must sign Bender who has been nothing but a complete garbage in the league since he was drafted and a worse player than Marquese but still holding on the belief that he was good because he was the fourth pick in the draft.

Mate just going to give you my 2c, you're doing exactly what SunsRback4Good's feedback is about. You're going overboard to re-litigate an argument from the main thread in a completely OT thread where you asked for people's feedback about what you perceived as your own overly critical and negative communication style.

You're either a person that listens to feedback, accept it and use it positively or you get hung up on small details, take it as criticism of your character and kick it to the curb. One scenario is productive and the other is barricading yourself in your position. If you're honest in asking for feedback, it isn't an invitation for you to start another debate when people give you their feedback/criticism.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#888 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:09 pm

I personally think that Sloveniandragon guy needs to chill out.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#889 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 11:34 pm

So what are people watching, listening to or reading during this stay at home time?

I've watched a number of series, most recently Ozark, Altered Carbon, Line of Duty and a few others. I watched a few movies too. I thought The Banker was really good. The Platform on Netflix was interesting..got kind of weird at the end though. The Hunt and American Assassin I also watched...neither that good, but fairly entertaining.

I also watched the All Star season of Australian Survivor and this was extremely entertaining. I just saw someone posting about it on facebook and found it. It was pretty addicting.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#890 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Apr 2, 2020 4:18 am

Books: Almost done with The Cosmic Connection by Carl Sagan. I'll probably go with the Lord of the Rings next.

Video games: I'm trying to blaze through Jedi: Fallen Order, but some of the gameplay choices are making it a clunky and frustrating experience. I'll probably get to God of War or RDR2 next.

TV: Watched Castlevania season 3. Watching Westworld. I need to watch the latest season of Peaky Blinders. Lost in Space and What We Do in the Shadows were recommended to me, and the Tiger King buzz has piqued my interest. Looking forward to The Last Dance later this month.

Movies: I finally have the time for The Irishman. I don't have much else on my radar, but I'll check to see what the streaming services are providing.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - Media Thread 

Post#891 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:41 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Anyone catch Into the Badlands?

I just watched this...some of the best fight scenes I have ever seen...I was addicted the whole way through..got better as it went.
MrMiyagi

Post#892 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I just watched this...some of the best fight scenes I have ever seen...I was addicted the whole way through..got better as it went.

So I had watched the first season when it aired and loved the choreography and some of the characters, but overall I was a fairly underwhelmed so I didn't pick up on season 2. But it is sitting there on Netflix tempting me to give it another shot.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
MrMiyagi

Post#893 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Books: Almost done with The Cosmic Connection by Carl Sagan. I'll probably go with the Lord of the Rings next.

Video games: I'm trying to blaze through Jedi: Fallen Order, but some of the gameplay choices are making it a clunky and frustrating experience. I'll probably get to God of War or RDR2 next.

TV: Watched Castlevania season 3. Watching Westworld. I need to watch the latest season of Peaky Blinders. Lost in Space and What We Do in the Shadows were recommended to me, and the Tiger King buzz has piqued my interest. Looking forward to The Last Dance later this month.

Movies: I finally have the time for The Irishman. I don't have much else on my radar, but I'll check to see what the streaming services are providing.

I'll give a little update

Books: Finished Cosmic Connection, I highly recommend it. Sagan truly had a gift for making what can seemingly be unfathomable very digestible to the layman. Also finished Fellowship of the Ring and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's pretty breezy, and it really made me appreciate the film adaptation even more. Trying to decide whether to just press on with the series or plug in a quick palate cleanser in between.

Video games: I gave up on Fallen Order. It was way too buggy and I also realized I don't really care about what is happening. Like, some ancient alien civilization somehow has a list of force sensitive kids? That's kind of stupid. So I moved on to God of War which was excellent in just about every way. It's one of the few games I actually went 100% and got a platinum trophy on. Definitely one of my favorite games. After that I started Bloodborne and I'm not quite sure how far in I am, guessing more than half, but maybe not quite 3/4ths (can never really tell with Souls games). I think I enjoy the Dark Souls series gameplay a bit more because I can't parry for ****, but I like the setting in Bloodborne more. Also replaying Final Fantasy X on my Switch, because nostalgia.

TV: Westworld season 3 was kind of bad, but Westworld season 2 was also kind of bad. I think this series is done for me. I really loved season 1, and a lot of moments in season 2 (I have no idea why they decided to do weird structural stuff with it), but it feels like they've forgotten how to execute good ideas dramatically. Tiger King was wild. The Last Dance was good, but I wished there had been a bit more behind the scenes footage of the Bulls during the season. Blazed through Community and The Good Place (well, what's available on Netflix), both were pleasant. Devs, Normal People, and Love Life were all fairly good. Atlanta season 2, You're the Worst season 5, Peaky Blinders season 5, and Killing Eve were all great. I've been enjoying Perry Mason so far.

Movies: Still haven't watched The Irishman. Caught Ford v. Ferrari and BlacKkKlansman, both were excellent. Watched a few of the original Godzilla movies, which was fun. John Q was an interesting movie. This Means War was a fun romcom. Last Christmas was a charmingly weird romcom. Shazam! was fun. Batman V Superman was not fun. Rewatched In Bruges and The Nice Guys, both are still great. Rewatched The Conjuring 1 and 2, both are still annoy me.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#894 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

So I had watched the first season when it aired and loved the choreography and some of the characters, but overall I was a fairly underwhelmed so I didn't pick up on season 2. But it is sitting there on Netflix tempting me to give it another shot.

Season 2 has a lot of changes, and it takes a while to get where it's going, but once the new characters are fully realized and it plays out, it gets really good...groups get so far apart that the travel takes a while. It seems like it was well planned out, as things they reveal in season 3 seem to be things they had laid eggs for and planned very early.

I could imagine if I was watching it when it aired and couldn't binge, I would have been frustrated without a lot seemingly have happened in some of season 2. I binged it so fast though it's a little tough for me to remember exactly when everything happened, but half of the episodes are in season 3, which I guess were split into two mini seasons on AMC. There always seems to be at least one or two great action sequences/fights in every episode though. But season 3, or the second half of the show is when it gets best....The Widow is such an awesome character.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#895 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:01 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:TV: Watched Castlevania season 3. Watching Westworld. I need to watch the latest season of Peaky Blinders. Lost in Space and What We Do in the Shadows were recommended to me, and the Tiger King buzz has piqued my interest. Looking forward to The Last Dance later this month.

I'll give a little update

TV: Westworld season 3 was kind of bad, but Westworld season 2 was also kind of bad. I think this series is done for me. I really loved season 1, and a lot of moments in season 2 (I have no idea why they decided to do weird structural stuff with it), but it feels like they've forgotten how to execute good ideas dramatically. Tiger King was wild. The Last Dance was good, but I wished there had been a bit more behind the scenes footage of the Bulls during the season. Blazed through Community and The Good Place (well, what's available on Netflix), both were pleasant. Devs, Normal People, and Love Life were all fairly good. Atlanta season 2, You're the Worst season 5, Peaky Blinders season 5, and Killing Eve were all great. I've been enjoying Perry Mason so far.

Movies: Still haven't watched The Irishman. Caught Ford v. Ferrari and BlacKkKlansman, both were excellent. Watched a few of the original Godzilla movies, which was fun. John Q was an interesting movie. This Means War was a fun romcom. Last Christmas was a charmingly weird romcom. Shazam! was fun. Batman V Superman was not fun. Rewatched In Bruges and The Nice Guys, both are still great. Rewatched The Conjuring 1 and 2, both are still annoy me.

Glad I only watched Westworld season 1 then...I watched the first episode in season 2 and thought "I don't think I'm in the mood for this right now" and never got back. I need to catch up on Peaky Blinders. I have a hard time getting into Killing Eve...I love the villain...the main character for whatever reason has always annoyed me....I watched season one and thought it was good and watched like half of season 2. It always felt a little overrated to me. I haven't seen any of the other stuff you've watched except maybe a couple seasons of The Good Place....or 1 1/2 of them. Curious if you watched Bojack Horseman? I have trouble getting into comedies as stuff to binge....I enjoy episodes but they don't seem particularly binge-able to me..though I did mostly love Silicon Valley.

I did watch Kingdom, a series about a family of MMA fighters...it was a solid drama with some good characters. I also watched a pretty fun space sci fi called Dark Matter...kind of a cross between Firefly and The Expanse....though you could also say a little bit of BSG in there too...has androids and stuff. I also watched Wentworth and that was really addicting. I had tried before but hadn't gotten far..gets a lot better in season 2. I also watched Queen of the South...not real high quality but it is entertaining and addicting, particularly after the first few episodes...fast paced, action type.

I haven't seen much for movies...saw 7500 on Prime....it was ok. The Old Guard, Extraction and Lost Bullet were all fun action movies..all on Netflix. I have Ford v Ferrari on dvr...though I never feel much like watching it. I did see BlackkKlansman in the theater when it was out...I thought it was pretty good. I had Shazam! on dvr for awhile but never felt like watching it so I think finally deleted it.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#896 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:57 am

Old Guard was surprisingly good even though all the promos for made it feel kind of generic but turned out quite interesting and fun. Extraction was OK. Maybe I was too pumped but it was just OK for me. Just started watching Handmaid's Tale and I really like it so far. Good thing there's 3 seasons of it
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,393

Post#897 » by NapoleonII » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 am

Anyone into cooking competition shows?

I watch a few with the wife, but can't stand the fake drama and drabness of American cooking shows.

But we've started streaming Masterchef Australia, which is apparently one of Australia's top shows period. Their format is really different, way more intense and longer, and the amateur's get a ton of training and challenges. The tone of the show is much more communal and focused on just honing their craft. It gets a little repetitive, but still so much better than anything American produced.

Anyways, check it out if you're into (or need to watch with s/o) cooking shows.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#898 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 am

NapoleonII wrote:Anyone into cooking competition shows?

I watch a few with the wife, but can't stand the fake drama and drabness of American cooking shows.

But we've started streaming Masterchef Australia, which is apparently one of Australia's top shows period. Their format is really different, way more intense and longer, and the amateur's get a ton of training and challenges. The tone of the show is much more communal and focused on just honing their craft. It gets a little repetitive, but still so much better than anything American produced.

Favorite cooking show for me was master chef JR and i would play it with my Ex and play it like fantasy basketball.

What you do is watch the first episode together and journal names that you want on your team...then after the first episode you take turns picking the kids till both rosters are formed then watch the rest of the show :D

Yes you can also trade kids. lol
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#899 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Anyone into cooking competition shows?

I watched a number of seasons of Top Chef but hadn't watched in in at least 5 years. I did just record an all star season. I always enjoyed this when I watched, but have only watched a couple episodes of this all star season and hadn't gotten too much into it.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#900 » by King4Day » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm

This is the first time I see Beverly as a person and not a player I hate:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29645312/clippers-patrick-beverley-death-close-friend-hits-home
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley

Return to Phoenix Suns