ImageImageImageImageImage

How lucky are we to have this dude on our team? (Terence Davis)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Re: How lucky are we to have this dude on our team? (Terence Davis) 

Post#61 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:53 pm

That block was super impressive. As was the pull up J off the broken play.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,705

Post#62 » by Quattro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:51 pm

Best part of that highlight clip: the dude from Golden State celebrating his made bucket with a fist pump and when he finally gets back on D and turns around to see Davis dunking the ball.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,303

Post#63 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Psubs wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
No he didn't :lol:

Please don't take B-ball Jones seriously when he raves about DeMar. It clutters up the thread.

Anyway, TDII gave good interview today, acknowledging what he has to do on defence to get minutes. He's got a good attitude. It all starts with a good attitude, unless you have a ridiculous amount of talent.

Read on Twitter

Powell thought he gave up a layup, then TD "Lebroned" the guy! He went over the back of a bigger player without fouling on the volleyball block!

Man, i got so hyped when I saw that block. Really wish there was a crowd for that type of play lol.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#64 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:07 pm

Posts like this will have him taking Norm Powell’s n.t huggers in no time.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#65 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:13 pm

I'm okay with us dealing Norm or Fred in the future.

I've seen enough from Davis to know that he is going to be a star. You can just see it at this point.

If the Giannis thing comes to fruition, I'd want Davis as the starting SG or PG. The amount of athleticism between Giannis, Siakam, Davis is going to be crazy.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,972

Post#66 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:21 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:This dudes work ethic is unbelievable... he'll always be posting videos of himself working out in his room at 1am on snapchat. How can you not love this dude... He realizes how much potential he has and is willing to work twice as hard as anyone else to get there.

The result...

No doubt in my mind TD is destined for stardom.

He's like a more talented version of Derozan. We're very lucky to have this kid on the team.

It's fun to talk about running it back and repeating this year, but if TDII can quickly develop over the next month, then he (and Norm) can make this dream a reality. It was obvious from the first pre-season game against the Rockets, when the Houston commentators compared him to Westbrook. Except I actually want Davis to shoot 3s.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#67 » by RaptorsJunkie » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:18 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:This dudes work ethic is unbelievable... he'll always be posting videos of himself working out in his room at 1am on snapchat. How can you not love this dude... He realizes how much potential he has and is willing to work twice as hard as anyone else to get there.

The result...

No doubt in my mind TD is destined for stardom.

This was great!
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 20,998

Post#68 » by Chandan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:33 am

not that i care about these witch hunts... but apparently he liked an anti-vaxer and people are saying TD is anti-science. cancel culture happening. I wonder if the raptors organization would make him apologize or something.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Post#69 » by Clay Davis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:04 am

Chandan wrote:not that i care about these witch hunts... but apparently he liked an anti-vaxer and people are saying TD is anti-science. cancel culture happening. I wonder if the raptors organization would make him apologize or something.

I don't think so. The organization doing that would draw wayyyy more attention than it's currently being given. I think they'll only do something like that as an attempt to battle a narrative that is already massive.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#70 » by Par36 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:08 am

Only doubt I have is in his possible antivaxx views :(

His shared post has more then one of homeopathic/antivaxx buzzword. Hopefully just a misunderstanding or a one off shared post...but damn man.

It's not cancel culture- this crap is a danger to society and would take alot of the shine in how I view him. Sure a great player but things like this impact how I see a player. I mean I wouldn't want Irving as a Raptor.

*Shrug*
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,138

Post#71 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:27 am

Chandan wrote:not that i care about these witch hunts... but apparently he liked an anti-vaxer and people are saying TD is anti-science. cancel culture happening. I wonder if the raptors organization would make him apologize or something.

I don't give a ****. I cheer for Novak Djokovic. The guy spends more time promoting homeopathic medicine and anti-vaxxing than he does playing tennis, but I separate the off-court crazy from the product on the court.

I have some friends who couldn't separate the two and stopped following him, but he's not the first or last crazy athlete I'll follow. If Boston sports fans can cheer for flat earthers, PED users, ball deflaters, and pants ****, we can cheer for an anti-vaxxer.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#72 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm

I don't think anti-vax gets you cancelled, but if the door is already open to conspiracy theories he could have some other beliefs that would get him into trouble. This is actually a good topic for someone in the media to tackle, because we're seeing more and more pro athletes support or promote conspiracy theories.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,331

Post#73 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:21 pm

The dude grew up in Mississippi. The education system there is basically 3rd world. That's a huge obstacle to overcome. He seems like a hard working guy who is willing to listen to those with more experience than him. Opinions that I held in my teens, early 20s have evolved and changed as I gained more life experience. That can happen with TD. I'm not worried given that he's in the Raptor environment.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#74 » by SHFT » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

the page he shared from is a wild one(its called thetruthaboutvaccines) but the specific post he shared was not. The page itself is a conspiracy theory page, again with some very plausible theories, and some crazy af ones. Its sad he follows a page that is that all over the place, but hopefully he gets a better sense around these things and hopefully he doesnt share any of the crazy wild ish on that page like the anti vax or plandemic stuff....
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#75 » by Psubs » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:31 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The dude grew up in Mississippi. The education system there is basically 3rd world. That's a huge obstacle to overcome. He seems like a hard working guy who is willing to listen to those with more experience than him. Opinions that I held in my teens, early 20s have evolved and changed as I gained more life experience. That can happen with TD. I'm not worried given that he's in the Raptor environment.

Ya, Kyrie went from Flat Earth to Round! :nod:
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#76 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:41 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The dude grew up in Mississippi. The education system there is basically 3rd world. That's a huge obstacle to overcome. He seems like a hard working guy who is willing to listen to those with more experience than him. Opinions that I held in my teens, early 20s have evolved and changed as I gained more life experience. That can happen with TD. I'm not worried given that he's in the Raptor environment.

He's still university educated and as an elite athlete has daily access to top tier medical/scientific knowledge. Do you really think he's kept these thoughts to himself all this time until now?
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,331

Post#77 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:10 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:

He's still university educated and as an elite athlete has daily access to top tier medical/scientific knowledge. Do you really think he's kept these thoughts to himself all this time until now?

Probably not, but those thoughts can still change. He hasn't been very vocal about it this year, at least in interviews or social media.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#78 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:25 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

Probably not, but those thoughts can still change. He hasn't been very vocal about it this year, at least in interviews or social media.

Everyone's thoughts can change, though. I'm just saying it's not like he hasn't had an opportunity to consider the facts. I think more than anything he's probably one of many in the pro ranks.
Mythical Rex
Senior
And1: 1,697

Post#79 » by Mythical Rex » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Unfortunately he is sharing on his social media through Instagram. Has the sketchy doctor who claims sex with aliens and demons is root cause of problems... Kinda scared for him and would like to have him learn more about vaccines so less pseudoscience spread.
By the one the only, Turbo_Zone
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#80 » by omar36 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Mythical Rex wrote:Unfortunately he is sharing on his social media through Instagram. Has the sketchy doctor who claims sex with aliens and demons is root cause of problems... Kinda scared for him and would like to have him learn more about vaccines so less pseudoscience spread.

best part is she believes that vaccines real purpose is to drive ppl away from religion. the right is just eatign it up . even trump reposteed it lol, cant wati for his defnders to spin this

Return to Toronto Raptors