The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1581 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Disappointing news - Reuben Foster was put on the PUP list.
Not surprising news - Alex Smith was put on the PUP. (But what a great story that he was cleared by his doctors for contact.)
No news is good news - Bryce Love was not put on the PUP. But the team hasn't said anything about his health. I would love to see the Bryce and Guice show healthy this season.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1582 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:20 pm

wermolwermol777 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:I'm okay with the Washington Team for now.

I am glad we changed the name and I am glad we're not rushing into committing to a new one. I'm very ok with just going by Football Team for a year.

I bought a Washington Redskins McLaurin jersey just last year, I am excited to buy a Washington Football Team Chase Young Jersey and then maybe Washington RedWolves (or something better) Haskins jersey the season after.

I'm sure I'll get used to anything over time, but if we can avoid it I'd rather it not be another "Wizards"

The Chase Young rookie jersey could be historical - the first team with no nickname - and Young could become one of our all-time greats. And McLaurin's is a good one - with it being his rookie year and the last year of the Redskins.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1583 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Ruzious wrote:Disappointing news - Reuben Foster was put on the PUP list.
Not surprising news - Alex Smith was put on the PUP. (But what a great story that he was cleared by his doctors for contact.)
No news is good news - Bryce Love was not put on the PUP. But the team hasn't said anything about his health. I would love to see the Bryce and Guice show healthy this season.

Bryce is ready to go from all reports.

I'm curious to see if he still has his breakaway speed.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1584 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1585 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1586 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#1587 » by TGW » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

ROFL Snyder getting outsmarted by some random bozo in Virginia for a suitable name is so fitting :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1588 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 pm

TGW wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

ROFL Snyder getting outsmarted by some random bozo in Virginia for a suitable name is so fitting :lol:

???
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#1589 » by TGW » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
TGW wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

???

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-redskins-name-trademark-martin-mccaulay/
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1590 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1591 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:07 pm

montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BigA wrote:Making the guy do cartwheels doesn't even get into the top 10 all time "Snyder is an ****" stories. Some of my favorites are the time he made a couple players snap and hold for him while he tried to kick field goals (that mostly bounced along on the ground), the time he tried to make other NFL owners call him "Mr. Snyder" at a social event and the host asked him to leave, and being picked up by a limo to be driven some ridiculously small distance between a helicopter and an entrance to Redskins Park.

The cartwheel thing made me laugh. I mean... every rookie in the NFL goes through some kind of hazing that's at least 10 times worse than that.

Snyder's an AWFUL owner, but the media is taking a lot of cheap shots at him now. Even the Junkies this morning were saying the Commish should basically force him to sell. Do they even have any female employees?

For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

So when does Pine come back and change the name of this thread?

Like Kevin Broom and Dat2U, PHnDC has a twitter account, of which I'm guessing you're well aware of...
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1592 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 7, 2020 12:00 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The cartwheel thing made me laugh. I mean... every rookie in the NFL goes through some kind of hazing that's at least 10 times worse than that.

Snyder's an AWFUL owner, but the media is taking a lot of cheap shots at him now. Even the Junkies this morning were saying the Commish should basically force him to sell. Do they even have any female employees?

For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

Like Kevin Broom and Dat2U, PHnDC has a twitter account, of which I'm guessing you're well aware of...

Everyone nowadays is extending their global reach. Except me. 8-)
RealGM

Post#1593 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:34 am

montestewart wrote:
montestewart wrote:For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

I can reach for the remote ... in a day room shared by approximately a dozen other veterans at US Vets.

My global reach? Jeez I do Facebook Live with diminishing returns on viewers. Seems I am neither affluent or handsome enough for the masses to want to be around.

It is what it is...
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1594 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:07 am

montestewart wrote:

I can reach for the remote ... in a day room shared by approximately a dozen other veterans at US Vets.

My global reach? Jeez I do Facebook Live with diminishing returns on viewers. Seems I am neither affluent or handsome enough for the masses to want to be around.

It is what it is...

The more popular you are, the closer you are to a McDonalds hamburger. Maybe that's good, I dunno, but I never eat there.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#1595 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 8, 2020 1:03 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
RealGM

Post#1596 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:42 am

Just when I expected big things on the field from Guice...
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1597 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Just when I expected big things on the field from Guice...

Yeah, I was really rooting for him. It's disconcerting that Rivera immediately cuts him without waiting to see how things turn out or do some kind of investigation.

Having to look who's likely to step up - it's exciting to see how Bryce Love is doing. But they probably want to limit his carries to an extent and pray he stays healthy.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,364

Post#1598 » by doclinkin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Just when I expected big things on the field from Guice...

Yeah, I was really rooting for him. It's disconcerting that Rivera immediately cuts him without waiting to see how things turn out or do some kind of investigation.

The Football Team Formerly Known as Redskins (FTFKAR) cannot afford to do a 'wait and see' on domestic violence and abuse of a woman. Especially considering recent front office atmosphere on women, and the cheerleader scandal a few years back. And a new head coach who wants to change the culture. So. No. I'm fine with them cutting ties.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1599 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:17 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

The Football Team Formerly Known as Redskins (FTFKAR) cannot afford to do a 'wait and see' on domestic violence and abuse of a woman. Especially considering recent front office atmosphere on women, and the cheerleader scandal a few years back. And a new head coach who wants to change the culture. So. No. I'm fine with them cutting ties.

On May 16th, Cody Latimer was charged with serious charges, and he is still on the Skins' roster.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/16/redskins-receiver-cody-latimer-arrested-assault-weapons-charges/
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,364

Post#1600 » by doclinkin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Yeah, I was really rooting for him. It's disconcerting that Rivera immediately cuts him without waiting to see how things turn out or do some kind of investigation.

On May 16th, Cody Latimer was charged with serious charges, and he is still on the Skins' roster.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/16/redskins-receiver-cody-latimer-arrested-assault-weapons-charges/

In dispute with 2 other men when a firearm was discharged, investigation to determine who is at fault.

Is definitely not the same as choking a woman until she was unconscious, thought she was dead. This plus multiple other accounts of domestic abuse. Especially on a team that has a shady history on how they have treated women.

In the case of Guice, he had his strikes already. As you acknowledge he has a history of incidents dating to before he was drafted.

Return to Washington Wizards