ImageImageImageImage

NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 3: Denver Nuggets v. Orlando Magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Re: NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 3: Denver Nuggets v. Orlando Magic 

Post#241 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:02 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:Just watched the highlights... that Fultz 3 looked really smooth. No hesitation, no hitch, held the follow-through - love it.

https://streamable.com/99y90w

No hesitation is the biggest thing for me. Him actually taking the shot and not pump faking off of it in favor of a mid-range shot or a drive to the basket is the first step. It looks a lot less "push" to me in both this clip and the pregame video. Maybe it coincides with his shoulder having more time to heal and him regaining strength again. There is still a bit of a hitch to it at the top of the release, which is more noticeable in the pregame clip but it's still much improved.

Really positive sign imo.

Do you have a link for the pre-game clip?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#242 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:06 pm

zaymon wrote:I really hope JI and MF keep it up. all this negativity and blow it up atmosphere was getting on my nerves.

Ps. People never satisfied with Evan. When he scores with great efficiency he is selfish. When he sets up his teammates like today and never gets in rhytm its even worse. He is no Paul George, but he is legit nba starting wing

Cool story — where has that taken us?

Like it or not, we appear to be investing in Fultz and Isaac with Vuc now locked in and another young center recently drafted. Believe what you will about Evan and his value to the roster but he (and likely AG) is the odd man out going forward.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#243 » by ivDT » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:03 pm

just give us the damn chip already.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#244 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:09 pm

Always the same with this board, even in scrimmages and preseason games most posts are about why the young players don't get more minutes.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#245 » by Bensational » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:55 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Bensational wrote:But also, I would really like to see Isaac get more minutes at the 5. I think he could easily prove to be the best C on the team if he played there.

maybe offensively, for me personally i'd rather have JI where he's at now...he gets to roam, play passing lanes and switch defensively....At Center? spot minutes sure but him there full time? i don't know to me that will kinda limit his defensive versatility....he's like Giannis on the defensive end....not even Giannis plays center full time

Good call. Giannis plays the exact kind of role we should use him in on defense. I'd been thinking that putting Isaac at the 5 might allow him to disrupt PnRs more and earlier, since that's the bread and butter of the league, whilst still keeping him close enough to the paint that he can always cover.

Watching back over Okeke's highlights in college, if he can be the same kind of off-ball pest who gets his hands in lanes all the time, that could replace some of what we'd lost if Isaac played the 5. So we could have options in the future.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by Bensational » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 pm

NotACat wrote:I wrote up some thoughts on last night in a twitter thread focusing on Evan Fournier and Mo Bamba, let me know what you all think!

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Nice work mate! Solid observations with good sections of tape to support and analyse. There's a lot of details like this I can miss in the flow of a game, so I actually love it when people the time to pull video out to show what they're talking about.

I just started following you on twitter so I hope you keep doing more.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#247 » by zaymon » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I really hope JI and MF keep it up. all this negativity and blow it up atmosphere was getting on my nerves.

Ps. People never satisfied with Evan. When he scores with great efficiency he is selfish. When he sets up his teammates like today and never gets in rhytm its even worse. He is no Paul George, but he is legit nba starting wing

Like it or not, we appear to be investing in Fultz and Isaac with Vuc now locked in and another young center recently drafted. Believe what you will about Evan and his value to the roster but he (and likely AG) is the odd man out going forward.

Well it has taken us to the playoffs, hopefully second time in a row. I like it that we are investing into Fultz and Isaac. Today everybody pretends they were 100% into those duo leading us in the future, but for the past 4 months i have been preaching this relentlessly to many posters here who want to blow it up and find other young talent to replace them.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#248 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:56 pm

zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Well it has taken us to the playoffs, hopefully second time in a row. I like it that we are investing into Fultz and Isaac. Today everybody pretends they were 100% into those duo leading us in the future, but for the past 4 months i have been preaching this relentlessly to many posters here who want to blow it up and find other young talent to replace them.

Did you walk away from that playoff performance feeling better days are ahead for an Evan-Vuc lead team?

Or is it more likely that we have reached the limit of where they can get us?
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#249 » by Last Guardian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:04 pm

It has to be asked..why are some of you so extra when it comes to bamba? He may have added some weight but he’s still lanky as hell...calling him fat lmao.

Watching last nights game now..all of these are pointless games however the difference with this team when isaac is on the court is eye opening. Nobody else on the team has that impact

Also, Porter Jr would be so perfect as the 3 for this team
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#250 » by zaymon » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:11 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Did you walk away from that playoff performance feeling better days are ahead for an Evan-Vuc lead team?

I think Evan and Vuc can step down a notch to more complimentary offensive roles if Fultz blossoms. I dont think they will have problem with that. They seem to fit with both Isaac and Fultz and really support them with their development.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#251 » by NotACat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:19 pm

Bensational wrote:
NotACat wrote:I wrote up some thoughts on last night in a twitter thread focusing on Evan Fournier and Mo Bamba, let me know what you all think!

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Nice work mate! Solid observations with good sections of tape to support and analyse. There's a lot of details like this I can miss in the flow of a game, so I actually love it when people the time to pull video out to show what they're talking about.

I just started following you on twitter so I hope you keep doing more.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! Hoping to continue to do this for the Magic and other small market teams. I don't know the other teams as well, but I'll try. You can expect similar results for Magic games though!
Black Lives Matter
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#252 » by NotACat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:26 pm

zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Well it has taken us to the playoffs, hopefully second time in a row. I like it that we are investing into Fultz and Isaac. Today everybody pretends they were 100% into those duo leading us in the future, but for the past 4 months i have been preaching this relentlessly to many posters here who want to blow it up and find other young talent to replace them.

I think Evan and Vuc can step down a notch to more complimentary offensive roles if Fultz blossoms. I dont think they will have problem with that. They seem to fit with both Isaac and Fultz and really support them with their development.

I agree, and they should welcome it. He helps our team get so many good shots
Black Lives Matter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#253 » by Knightro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:54 pm

NotACat wrote:
zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I agree, and they should welcome it. He helps our team get so many good shots

I'll believe Vucevic and Fournier, who have ranked 1 and 2 in usage and shot attempts on this team for like the last 4-5 years, will willingly take a backseat to other players on the team the day it actually happens.

As much as it would be nice to see, I don't anticipate it happening.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by Bensational » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:51 pm

I could see Vuc and Fournier taking a backseat to other players, but Cliff will have to demand it. Otherwise we'll end up with Fultz and Isaac calling their own numbers like Kobe-AG because most most of our staple plays are built around Vuc and Fournier.

Or, maybe Isaac and Fultz are more passive by nature than we know, and they simply aren't up for challenging Vuc and Fournier for lead role on a nightly basis?
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#255 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Bensational wrote:I could see Vuc and Fournier taking a backseat to other players, but Cliff will have to demand it. Otherwise we'll end up with Fultz and Isaac calling their own numbers like Kobe-AG because most most of our staple plays are built around Vuc and Fournier.

Or, maybe Isaac and Fultz are more passive by nature than we know, and they simply aren't up for challenging Vuc and Fournier for lead role on a nightly basis?

Fournier has already called Fultz and Isaac the future of the team. He knows.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:48 pm

jayrehme wrote:
Bensational wrote:I could see Vuc and Fournier taking a backseat to other players, but Cliff will have to demand it. Otherwise we'll end up with Fultz and Isaac calling their own numbers like Kobe-AG because most most of our staple plays are built around Vuc and Fournier.

It's lip service until he shows he's willing to give up his shots for them. Or willing to pass to them instead of Vuc Vuc Vuc.

I like that he said it, but he needs to back it up with action. Because right now he's probably calling them 'the future', but he considers himself 'the now'.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#257 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 am

Bensational wrote:
jayrehme wrote:

It's lip service until he shows he's willing to give up his shots for them. Or willing to pass to them instead of Vuc Vuc Vuc.

I like that he said it, but he needs to back it up with action. Because right now he's probably calling them 'the future', but he considers himself 'the now'.

Because he is "now" and better offensive option than both of them. By a mile.

And it's not "him" but coaches who put ball in his hands to end offensive sets, because he is simply better at it than them.
By eFG and TS% Fultz isn't even top 5 player on Orlando Magic.

Passing thing is even more by design than anything else. Literally every single player on that team passes to Vuc first because every single one of them knows he'll make better decision than other guys.( to be fair, mostly because vast majority of roster has no talent for offense... )
Not only that Vuc leads team in scoring, he is also 3rd in assist. But wait , there is more, he is also player WHO PASSES THE BALL THE MOST. More than Fultz and Augustin. And no, he is not player who gets most passes. He is only 3rd in that.

If i had no clue, i would thought Fultz and Isaac are some T mac & young Iverson combo that are ready for 35 ppg season if they are unleashed based on comments. But they are not. One is PG who can't shoot and other spent more time in recovery than he spent on the floor, and up until this year his contribution to offense was literally- negative.
And it's not like team is building around Evan or Vuc. One can walk for nothing after playoffs, other has long term contract because Weltman screwed up 2018 lottery pick.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#258 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:20 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

What will you say if both kept? Cool story bro.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#259 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:24 pm

I just think fans here are soo desperate for star players they just try to create them from what we have.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#260 » by j-ragg » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:52 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I just think fans here are soo desperate for star players they just try to create them from what we have.

Fans are tired of seeing the same lackluster product lead us every year

At least we got #1 in the NBA continuity rankings though! As an eastern conf 8th seed, can’t afford to tear down this juggernaut.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Orlando Magic