Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#1761 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Dont worry Bulls will not be in position to draft Deni at all. He will be long gone.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1762 » by Leslie Forman » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:12 pm

Honest question. Can someone explain what makes this Deni guy any better a prospect than, say, Cedi Osman? The stats and the tape are, frankly, not that impressive.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#1763 » by sco » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:Honest question. Can someone explain what makes this Deni guy any better a prospect than, say, Cedi Osman? The stats and the tape are, frankly, not that impressive.

Because we really want our Luca, and this is as close as we can find.
:clap:
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,792

Post#1764 » by Jcool0 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:29 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:Honest question. Can someone explain what makes this Deni guy any better a prospect than, say, Cedi Osman? The stats and the tape are, frankly, not that impressive.

Its pretty simple. Osman was a 2nd round pick. Deni is going top 10. If you look at Euro stats most dont look impressive if you are comparing them to college or NBA stats.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1765 » by Clint Eastwood » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:15 am

StunnerKO wrote:

Thanks for posting. I didnt want Ball before, and now, I reeeeaally don’t want him.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1766 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:44 am

sco wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I want Deni so bad. I need him in my Bulls life.

I just worry that Deni is a tweener...too slow for SF and too small for PF. Feels Deni could be to Luca what McDermott is to Korver.

Several issues with Doug. He couldn't create his own shot. Too slow to be a 3, too small to be a 4, couldn't play defense, not a great ball handler, not a strong enough rebounder for the NBA level.
There were glaring holes in his game and tell tale signs he was not going to be good in the NBA. Bulls were enamored with his college production and took him anyway.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Post#1767 » by MrSparkle » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:29 pm

I have a hunch Wiseman and Edwards are gonna be the better players in this draft, kind of like the mock from a year ago.

Big, strong, fast, fluid, skilled. Not winning any 3P contests (neither are Ball and Deni) or making Showtime passes, but they can dribble, score around the rim and have great athleticism and size. You are basically just betting against the possibility of them having bad attitude or work ethic.

Obviously not crazy about adding a 6th center to this stupid roster, but Wiseman‘s rebounding, box outs and IQ in the paint seem to be very good. Coupled with his length and speed, hard not to see him be a huge upgrade over Wendell. WCJ and Gafford could net decent returns.

Assuming we don’t get the #8 pick... :-?

Meanwhile, the more I’ve seen of Haliburton... he actually looks pretty good? He reminds me a lot of Brogdon - has a nice shooting and passing touch. I’m actually inclined to think he’ll be better than LaMelo.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1768 » by Andi Obst » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:16 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Obviously not crazy about adding a 6th center to this stupid roster, but Wiseman‘s rebounding, box outs and IQ in the paint seem to be very good. Coupled with his length and speed, hard not to see him be a huge upgrade over Wendell. WCJ and Gafford could net decent returns.

To me, Wiseman is easily the most overrated prospect in this class (at least by the mainstream media). I hate drafting centers that high unless they are truly special offensive or defensive talents and Wiseman is just not. He's a rim runner, which with his size and speed is valuable, but nothing exciting either. He can't create for himself. Defensively, he will have to prove that he can defend away from the rim and be able to switch. Looking at his pre-college tape, I have major doubts he will be able to do that. His awareness on that end needs serious work. He doesn't show playmaking instincts and while he did love to shoot in high school, I don't see a shooter who gets respected by defenses in him.

Will Wiseman put up stats? Sure. But I think his way to become an actual impact player is way longer than many people realize. He could easily end up being more Whiteside than Gobert IMO.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1769 » by Andi Obst » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm

I would say that Avdija projects to be the better defender and passer for sure, he's just more versatile on both ends in general. Stats are certainly not that impressive, but he plays for one of the best teams in Europe and he's not a generational talent like Luka, so that's going to be the case for almost every young player in his situation. I would recommend watching some of his games for Israel in the FIBA youth tournaments, where he has way more responsibility.

Reading some of the posts in this thread, I'm probably not his biggest fan here, but I still like him quite a bit as a high level role player at the next level. In this draft, that's basically all you need to be a top 10 prospect for me.

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1770 » by StunnerKO » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1771 » by Andi Obst » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is music to my ears.

erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#1772 » by erlim » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Whatever. There’s literally nowhere to go but up.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1773 » by drosereturn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Whats so bad about Osman? He was a steal pick from the Cavs and produced right away like Gafford is doing.
Deni is literally better version of Osman in terms of intangibles, all-around talent and the closest thing to Luka Magic this yr.
I mean go on drafting Okoro if you dont trust Deni and lets see how that result pans out.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1774 » by drosereturn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:30 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Meanwhile, the more I’ve seen of Haliburton... he actually looks pretty good? He reminds me a lot of Brogdon - has a nice shooting and passing touch. I’m actually inclined to think he’ll be better than LaMelo.

I wouldnt be shocked if Hali became better than Lamelo since he is a high floor low ceiling type player.
But drafting Hali ahead of Lamelo is crazy talk as Lamelo is another tier above Hali although I appreciate his game as well.
You have to also look at potential, ceiling and Lamelo has everything. Unless your one piece from a championship, I strong strong advise to draft Ball without hesitation.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#1775 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I wouldnt be shocked if Hali became better than Lamelo since he is a high floor low ceiling type player.
But drafting Hali ahead of Lamelo is crazy talk as Lamelo is another tier above Hali although I appreciate his game as well.
You have to also look at potential, ceiling and Lamelo has everything. Unless your one piece from a championship, I strong strong advise to draft Ball without hesitation.

LaMelo has everything?

Surely you jest kind sir.......hahahahaha quite the knee slapper indeed.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1776 » by StunnerKO » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1777 » by Leslie Forman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Jcool0 wrote:

Its pretty simple. Osman was a 2nd round pick. Deni is going top 10. If you look at Euro stats most dont look impressive if you are comparing them to college or NBA stats.

His Euroleague stats aren't good with any context. His domestic league stats are better, but the Israeli league is really weak.

Everything about him just screams low ceiling. If he was named Pete Jones and he played for Iowa I don't see a possible top-5 pick like people are saying.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#1778 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

His Euroleague stats aren't good with any context. His domestic league stats are better, but the Israeli league is really weak.

Everything about him just screams low ceiling. If he was named Pete Jones and he played for Iowa I don't see a possible top-5 pick like people are saying.

Stats homie stats.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#1779 » by Dresden » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:17 am

Showtime23 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I worry a lot about Ball. What is he good at? He can't shoot. He only scores a lot because of the number of shots he takes. He's big, but he doesn't play a lick of defense. His team finished dead last in the league. He's never shown he can lead a team to anything. He does have some raw talent, but the odds of him turning that into an all star level nba player seem very long.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#1780 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:50 am

Dresden wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I worry a lot about Ball. What is he good at? He can't shoot. He only scores a lot because of the number of shots he takes. He's big, but he doesn't play a lick of defense. His team finished dead last in the league. He's never shown he can lead a team to anything. He does have some raw talent, but the odds of him turning that into an all star level nba player seem very long.

In relation to Halliburton I don’t think the comparison holds any weight. Halliburton right now has been a much more impressive basketball player and prospect all-around.

Check out both of their breakdown videos with Schmitz, Hali is a basketball genius by comparison. Much much smarter kid.

Return to Chicago Bulls