Political Roundtable Part XXVIII

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,150

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1661 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:32 pm

I wonder which part of Christianity Bill Barr feels should be in charge of the US government. Catholic? Protestant? Mormon? Someone should ask him today.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1662 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Barr needs to let all the mafiosi out of prison then also, they were also investigated with the same amount of evidence that Trump and Stone were.

Some Dem should dig up a mafioso and ask Bill Barr if he'll be letting him out too.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1663 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Would it be racist for Eric Swalwell to call Jim Jordan a half naked trained attack monkey? I'm just asking questions.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1664 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,298

Post#1665 » by dobrojim » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:37 pm

dobrojim wrote:dupe post
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1666 » by dobrojim » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:38 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Would it be racist for Eric Swalwell to call Jim Jordan a half naked trained attack monkey? I'm just asking questions.

It's #gymjordan please

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#1667 » by Pointgod » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:44 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Would it be racist for Eric Swalwell to call Jim Jordan a half naked trained attack monkey? I'm just asking questions.

I will dance for joy when that **** (gym Jordan) either loses his Congress seat or gets arrested.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#1668 » by Pointgod » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Naaaaate
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1669 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#1670 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Naaaaate

"oh sure, one *maybe* white supremacist (of which the term is tossed around way too cavalierly lately) might have committed a violent act. doesn't excuse the DOZENS of violent acts that follow. two wrongs don't make a right, antifa."

or some other such nonsense. it's possible to be against looting, while recognizing that the police as an *~institution~* harbors ~*racist*~ biases against black men.
Bullets -> Wizards
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1671 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Which police agency would you rightsize first? ICE, DHS, CBP - basically every agency that showed up in stormtrooper garb in Portland should be absolutely abolished.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#1672 » by montestewart » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:57 am

Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Naaaaate

Rather than calling out Nate or Popper as the conservative stand ins, we should point to and quote active apologists. You can find them all over the internet, including a few in the CA thread, and it makes more of a two way conversation. You know I don't agree with Nate on just about anything politically, but I don't recall him denying the possibility of right wing agitation, and if he did, just find his post and respond to it. It's not his job to account for every right wing comment or action, any more than it's yours or mine to account for every left wing comment or action.

You know they routinely give warnings and strikes on the CA board for much less. I don't think this board really needs all that. Police yourselves, as I know you can, and stop making me have to mod.

Also, didn't they reveal that guy's identity shortly after it happened? Is this a case of law enforcement finally catching up with what was already fairly widely known? I could swear there was an article months ago showing the guy without a mask.

And speaking of masks, hope you all are wearing them when you go out. I am seeing an awful lot of people, black, white, rich, poor, urban, suburban...WITHOUT MASKS!!! I look out my front window and see people without masks and feel like the old guy seeing kids on his lawn.
pancakes3
General Manager

Post#1673 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:17 am

seems pretty messed up if trump earnestly believes that hydroxychloroquine works as a cure but the most that he can be bothered is to retweet a kook video.

like, seriously. taking trump at his word where he earnestly believes that hydroxychloroquine cures coronavirus. well, he first got hip to it in LATE MARCH. it's been 4 months. we're not dosing people with it because of... partisan politics? deep state? or that it doesn't freaking work?
Bullets -> Wizards
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#1674 » by montestewart » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:35 am

pancakes3 wrote:seems pretty messed up if trump earnestly believes that hydroxychloroquine works as a cure but the most that he can be bothered is to retweet a kook video.

like, seriously. taking trump at his word where he earnestly believes that hydroxychloroquine cures coronavirus. well, he first got hip to it in LATE MARCH. it's been 4 months. we're not dosing people with it because of... partisan politics? deep state? or that it doesn't freaking work?

You can imagine yet a fourth scenario, that being his carelessly ill-informed and unwavering support for it was by itself enough to make it fail. I don't think he knows how to be persuasive at all. Either you accept everything he says uncritically as the truth, or...the rest of us. I just hope he doesn't endorse a drug that actually works, because his endorsement is like the kiss of death for thinking people.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1675 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:29 pm

montestewart wrote:
And speaking of masks, hope you all are wearing them when you go out. I am seeing an awful lot of people, black, white, rich, poor, urban, suburban...WITHOUT MASKS!!! I look out my front window and see people without masks and feel like the old guy seeing kids on his lawn.

And a lot of people who do have masks don't use them correctly. I've seen soooo many people move them below their mouth so they can be heard more clearly - AFTER they move closer to the person they're talking to. DON'T DO THAT!!! JUST TALK LOUDER. USE COMMON SENSE!!!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1676 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:38 pm

montestewart wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:seems pretty messed up if trump earnestly believes that hydroxychloroquine works as a cure but the most that he can be bothered is to retweet a kook video.

You can imagine yet a fourth scenario, that being his carelessly ill-informed and unwavering support for it was by itself enough to make it fail. I don't think he knows how to be persuasive at all. Either you accept everything he says uncritically as the truth, or...the rest of us. I just hope he doesn't endorse a drug that actually works, because his endorsement is like the kiss of death for thinking people.

It's one thing that he recommended it before it was tested for it's use against the virus. But to continue promoting it after it failed terribly in test after test is criminal. Not to mention then promoting that kook as a legit scientist - lauding her as an expert. This goes to his inability to admit he was wrong - actually spectacularly wrong. That mental defect has been enabled all throughout his life and served him - probably much like it has for the very worst and most evil people in world history.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1677 » by dobrojim » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter

I wonder if he'll take HydroxyChloroquine?

pancakes3
General Manager

Post#1678 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:10 pm

dobrojim wrote:I wonder if he'll take HydroxyChloroquine?

already said on air on Hannity that he will, and he cleared it w his doctor.
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
General Manager

Post#1679 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:15 pm

there's so much buffoonery in addition to the virus.

he's ballooned the military budget yet insists on withdrawing troops from foreign bases which are completely antithetical policies
continuing to roll back environmental protections
refusing to follow through on make-work infrastructure programs
oh, and KIDS. ARE. STILL. LOCKED. IN. CAGES.
Bullets -> Wizards
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1680 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards