ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:11 pm

I don’t even know why I waste my time with this team anymore
Free Palestine
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#22 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:20 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:He was becoming a nuisance but I would like to think a better run org would have avoided it getting to that point with Adams. Also, the Jets have a mixed record at best in the draft so the picks are by no means a lock for me. I kinda would have preferred getting a good(near Adams good) proven young piece on a fair deal along with maybe a draft pick. But on paper it is great value for Jets. I just am not confident they’ll nail those picks. Meanwhile Adams is all pro level and young player Jets actually drafted. I feel like they have to take some responsibility as an org that they could not keep him.

Mixed record? The Jets may be the worst drafting organization in all major sports. I’d take mixed record in a heartbeat.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#23 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:23 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I don’t even know why I waste my time with this team anymore

Smart teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens identify a player who is more trouble than talent and ship them out of town. Joe Douglas learned the NFL while in Baltimore. This guy is a pro’s pro who knows football.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,919

Post#24 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:50 am

The value they got in this trade is absolutely incredible. Just stunning. Its so huge that I'm more excited to see what a respected professional like Douglas does with it than I would have been to watch Adams actually play for the Jets.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#25 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:16 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I don’t even know why I waste my time with this team anymore

Smart teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens identify a player who is more trouble than talent and ship them out of town. Joe Douglas learned the NFL while in Baltimore. This guy is a pro’s pro who knows football.

That's a good point about the Baltimore organization but Woody is still our owner and Gaze is still our coach. Obviously, we'll eventually get to see how this all shakes out ... but 53 years, man. I remember sitting in front of our black and white TV watching SB III.
Free Palestine
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,188

Post#26 » by Garbagelo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am

Jets weren't going anywhere with Adams. No brainer move. If only the Knicks had Joe Douglas.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#27 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 am

He's like Melo but with the talent. A selfish cancer that puts himself above all else has no place in team sports.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#28 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:15 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:He was becoming a nuisance but I would like to think a better run org would have avoided it getting to that point with Adams. Also, the Jets have a mixed record at best in the draft so the picks are by no means a lock for me. I kinda would have preferred getting a good(near Adams good) proven young piece on a fair deal along with maybe a draft pick. But on paper it is great value for Jets. I just am not confident they’ll nail those picks. Meanwhile Adams is all pro level and young player Jets actually drafted. I feel like they have to take some responsibility as an org that they could not keep him.

Mixed record? The Jets may be the worst drafting organization in all major sports. I’d take mixed record in a heartbeat.

Well they did draft Adams, and Darnold ( who I think will be good at least) so that’s why I say mixed. Otherwise, you are probably right. I also said it to be fair to JD since the guys he drafted haven’t even played yet.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#29 » by J9Starks3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:46 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:He's like Melo but with the talent. A selfish cancer that puts himself above all else has no place in team sports.

I’m not the hugest Melo fan...but his problems were never talent...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#30 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Loved Adams the player, he was the heart and soul of the defense... but man he wouldn't shut up and this was only going to end up in a divorce. I'm all about players trying to get their money, but he was looking for unprecedented money not to mention cashing in early. As far as the trade goes, we get quite the return for him, a better haul than the Raiders got for Mack. Going to miss Adams, but it's not hard moving on from players who didn't want to be here.

I absolutely agree with everything you said, but damn if the choice was between him and Gase, I'd choose Adams. Wouldn't mind at all if Woody is forced to sell the team too.

Like I'm not devastated about losing Adams, but at the same time I'm not jumping up and down about the haul. It's just so melancholic to be a Jets fan sometimes. :lol:

Nothing good will happen to this team until three things take place:

1. Jets fire Gaze
2. Woody sells the team
3. The Jets back to NYC/Queens/Brooklyn

I endorse this message.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Met, Jets AND Knicks fan. Then factor in age. And this man has seen more horrors than just about anyone in his lifetime. :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#32 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Met, Jets AND Knicks fan. Then factor in age. And this man has seen more horrors than just about anyone in his lifetime. :lol:

Free Palestine
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#33 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm

I'm still dumbfounded the Jets got more for Adams than the Raiders got for Mack...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:59 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:I'm still dumbfounded the Jets got more for Adams than the Raiders got for Mack...

It won’t make any difference. The Jets will screw it up.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#35 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:I'm still dumbfounded the Jets got more for Adams than the Raiders got for Mack...

I'm actually beginning to have some faith that Joe Douglas can turn this ship around.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#36 » by SmoothLefty21 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:28 pm

I have faith in Joe Douglas. The Leonard Williams trade, his draft night moves, and the Adams trade were all amazing, shrewd moves. He'll find a guy with those late 1sts or use them as trade chips.

The Knicks really need to find their Joe Douglas.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by moocow007 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm

What those extra picks could do is allow the Jets to trade up and maybe draft this guy if D'Arnold struggles again, 6'6" do all QB Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. Can thrown any pass anywhere and run the ball.

Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#38 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:I have faith in Joe Douglas. The Leonard Williams trade, his draft night moves, and the Adams trade were all amazing, shrewd moves. He'll find a guy with those late 1sts or use them as trade chips.

The Knicks really need to find their Joe Douglas.

True culture change means hiring a real football guy that will make unpopular decisions.

JD worked for the Eagles the past few years after a decade + with the Ravens.

That's the cat I want making decisions.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#39 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:04 pm

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I'm actually beginning to have some faith that Joe Douglas can turn this ship around.

He's probably the only person I have in. But I don't see a path to playing football this fall. Maybe that's a good thing. Gives Joe more time to fix this.
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#40 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:13 pm

moocow007 wrote:What those extra picks could do is allow the Jets to trade up and maybe draft this guy if D'Arnold struggles again, 6'6" do all QB Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. Can thrown any pass anywhere and run the ball.

It's similar to the Sanchez situation. We haven't given Darnold a weapon really yet, last year between the mono and the offensive line, the offense was pedestrian at best. Darnold in his rookie year flashed enough good for me to buy into, now entering the third year we have help along the offensive line which should allow Bell to be more effective. You can argue whose our best receiver at the moment between Crowder and Herndon, neither are great. Mims and Perriman are wildcards, but expectations have to be tempered.

Is this an offense that Darnold is really expected to elevate? You add a Chase (WR from LSU) to this offense and we might finally have something going. If the OL gels together, we finally have a foundation in place for an organic offense to finally flourish instead of one or two year peaks.

For us to be in the Lawerence race, Darnold has to look completely lost, lose all his value in the process. Lawerence does look like the second coming, I wanted to see how he would've done with Ross this year.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Knicks