Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,784

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#1781 » by Jcool0 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:56 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:Honest question. Can someone explain what makes this Deni guy any better a prospect than, say, Cedi Osman? The stats and the tape are, frankly, not that impressive.

Its pretty simple. Osman was a 2nd round pick. Deni is going top 10. If you look at Euro stats most dont look impressive if you are comparing them to college or NBA stats.

His Euroleague stats aren't good with any context. His domestic league stats are better, but the Israeli league is really weak.

Everything about him just screams low ceiling. If he was named Pete Jones and he played for Iowa I don't see a possible top-5 pick like people are saying.

Read on Twitter
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1782 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:39 am

StunnerKO wrote:

Very interesting player. Yet another wing that I find more intriguing than some players considered mid lottery, like Okoro.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Post#1783 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:54 am

Funny thing is Lamelo was way underrated for a long time. People would make fun of him because he was a Ball even though it was evident he had NBA talent from a pretty young age.

But yeah, this is a really crummy year to pick at the top. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Edwards went #1. After that going to have to "settle" for a non-elite talent in the top 5.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,054

Post#1784 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:26 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:

Very interesting player. Yet another wing that I find more intriguing than some players considered mid lottery, like Okoro.

His production suggests 2nd round, fringe NBA. But definitely intriguing offensive skills. Totally screams Euro star to me, though (Milos, Papaloukas, Rudy, etc.). These types of highlight plays are high IQ and beautiful but they just don't work in the NBA unless you have the dominant scoring ability, usage, and teammates to make them happen. That pass at 0:30 (to our guy Niko?) is great but IMO gets intercepted in the NBA.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1785 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:53 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#1786 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:38 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I laughed way too hard at this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1787 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:58 am

MrSparkle wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:

His production suggests 2nd round, fringe NBA. But definitely intriguing offensive skills. Totally screams Euro star to me, though (Milos, Papaloukas, Rudy, etc.). These types of highlight plays are high IQ and beautiful but they just don't work in the NBA unless you have the dominant scoring ability, usage, and teammates to make them happen. That pass at 0:30 (to our guy Niko?) is great but IMO gets intercepted in the NBA.

Completely get what you're saying. The athletic differences between the leagues can negate his entire game.
Maybe these more skilled, but less athletic players make for more fun prospects to scout, because when you watch the full games, they stand out more, and that part of trying to project his game to the NBA is what entice us in the process.
Also, we have **** to look for, and dreaming about finding a good player in a weak draft is a better alternative than realizing that we're probably walking away from this thing with a fine roleplayer at best.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1788 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:00 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Also, kinda disappointed that there's no mention of Maledon in this tweet since it mentions an euro player later in the draft.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#1789 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Also, kinda disappointed that there's no mention of Maledon in this tweet since it mentions an euro player later in the draft.

When you're scouting Hayes you basically have to scout Maledon as well since they played together in FIBA competitions. Wouldn't worry too much about "missing" names of Euro prospects here. I'm sure they're looking at Poku, too (and they should, he's incredibly interesting).
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1790 » by rtblues » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:

I posted about him about a month ago or more and the board shredded me. I still think he's undervalued in this draft.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1791 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:03 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I laughed way too hard at this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No such thing in times of a pandemic. :lol:
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1792 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:11 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Its pretty simple. Osman was a 2nd round pick. Deni is going top 10. If you look at Euro stats most dont look impressive if you are comparing them to college or NBA stats.

His Euroleague stats aren't good with any context. His domestic league stats are better, but the Israeli league is really weak.

Everything about him just screams low ceiling. If he was named Pete Jones and he played for Iowa I don't see a possible top-5 pick like people are saying.

Read on Twitter

Am I supposed to see a high ceiling here? There were literally only two buckets, an open 3 and layup.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#1793 » by 2018C3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Deni really scares me as a high pick, I'm just not seeing what others apparently do.The good news is I'm wrong in the draft quite a bit.

I honestly think I would be tempted by Wiseman / Hayes / Okoro / Vassell all over Deni.

Ball is another guy that is scary to me, but probably would not be a bad choice if available. Do to all his hype I think he has about a 50% chance to flame out. But also has potential to work well for whoever drafts him. I consider him the biggest wildcard in this draft. I believe his pop-culture upbringing may have left him feeling too entitled to succeed in this league, but if his mind is in the right place I do feel he has the tools needed to overcome what ever struggles he may encounter.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#1794 » by CoreyVillains » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:54 pm

Finally finished my Devin Vassell scouting breakdown. I can’t explain how fun it is watching him play defense. He’s so damn good. One on one and as a team defender. He’s the only prospect that made me start his video with their defense. As a whole he truly reminds me of a modern version of Luol.

23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#1795 » by 23-7 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:43 pm

CoreyVillains wrote:Finally finished my Devin Vassell scouting breakdown. I can’t explain how fun it is watching him play defense. He’s so damn good. One on one and as a team defender. He’s the only prospect that made me start his video with their defense. As a whole he truly reminds me of a modern version of Luol.

Is he better prospect than Mikel bridges?
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#1796 » by CoreyVillains » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:37 pm

23-7 wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:Finally finished my Devin Vassell scouting breakdown. I can’t explain how fun it is watching him play defense. He’s so damn good. One on one and as a team defender. He’s the only prospect that made me start his video with their defense. As a whole he truly reminds me of a modern version of Luol.

Is he better prospect than Mikel bridges?

Mikal was more advanced offensively when he was drafted, but he was also almost two years older so I don’t think it’d be outlandish to say that Vassell is a better prospect.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,543

Post#1797 » by PaKii94 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:16 pm

Vassell is the only one who gets me excited by the highlights. He's my fav
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,031

Post#1798 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:53 am

The fact that we couldn't land Trae or Luka is gonna set us back atleast 5 good seasons.....

I'm so glad we got a new GM. We need better moves to be made.

Wendell isn't in the same league as either player.
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#1799 » by the ultimates » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:22 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:The fact that we couldn't land Trae or Luka is gonna set us back atleast 5 good seasons.....

Nobody ever said, thought, or gave the impression that Wendell would be. The Bulls didn't have the assets to trade to move up for either Young or Doncic. You can blame management for a lot of things but blaming them for not drafting players who weren't on the board when they picked is unnecessary.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#1800 » by othawhitemeat » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:31 am

the ultimates wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:The fact that we couldn't land Trae or Luka is gonna set us back atleast 5 good seasons.....

Nobody ever said, thought, or gave the impression that Wendell would be. The Bulls didn't have the assets to trade to move up for either Young or Doncic. You can blame management for a lot of things but blaming them for not drafting players who weren't on the board when they picked is unnecessary.

I thought we xould have had either by using the 22nd pick we used on Chandler Hutch.

Return to Chicago Bulls