Best Player for Oubre + #10?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Re: Best Player for Oubre + #10? 

Post#21 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Catchall wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Victor Oladipo?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I don't think Oubre + 10 would net Oladipo, but could attract a player just a tier below that -- e.g., Buddy Hield, maybe Jrue Holliday, not sure.

You have Hield and Holiday on the same level?!?!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#22 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:08 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Wiggins + #3 + 2021 Wolves FRP

FOR

Oubre Jr. + #10

Suns draft GOF (Ball?) they like next to Booker or PFOF (Toppin?) they like next to Ayton. Wiggins comes off bench as super scoring super expensive 6th man.

If Suns don’t have a master plan for using their cap space, this is an option. Taking on bad contract for assets.

Also opens up consolidation trade in 1 to 2 years. Either Rubio as expiring ballast 2021 offseason or Wiggins as expiring ballast 2022 offseason, added to 2021 Wolves FRP + Suns FRPs (as needed) + Youth (Johnson or Bridges or 2020 #3) all on table depending on how big of name available.

*And I think for GSW, might be a way to trade Oubre Jr. for Iggy TPE, then Wiggins for Suns pure cap space and get a fresh 29.5mil Wiggins TPE???

Anytime the name Wiggins comes up, nobody outside GS fans reads the proposal any further.
tobysunsfan
Junior
And1: 102

Post#23 » by tobysunsfan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:10 pm

hcsilla wrote:

FOR

Oubre Jr. + #10

Interesting idea, which the Suns seriously would have to consider, IMO.

Wiggins' contract is toxic, but moving 7 spots in the lottery is valuable and so is MIN 2021 pick.

I would probably do this tbh
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#24 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:10 pm

hcsilla wrote:

FOR

Oubre Jr. + #10

Wiggins' contract is toxic, but moving 7 spots in the lottery is valuable and so is MIN 2021 pick.

Killin me Smalls!!! -1 may I remind you that Wiggins is set to make 29, 31 and 33 MILLION DOLLARS the next 3 years!!! All while not giving us what Oubre would while maybe making 19-20 mil if we resigned him.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#25 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:25 pm

I would have to imagine that if the play of Bridges and Cam Johnson somehow makes Kelly available, then that would mean rekindling the talks with Orlando about Gordon. Them asking for Kelly was the sticking point.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#26 » by Crives » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:34 pm

FOR

Oubre Jr. + #10

Suns draft GOF (Ball?) they like next to Booker or PFOF (Toppin?) they like next to Ayton. Wiggins comes off bench as super scoring super expensive 6th man.

If Suns don’t have a master plan for using their cap space, this is an option. Taking on bad contract for assets.

Also opens up consolidation trade in 1 to 2 years. Either Rubio as expiring ballast 2021 offseason or Wiggins as expiring ballast 2022 offseason, added to 2021 Wolves FRP + Suns FRPs (as needed) + Youth (Johnson or Bridges or 2020 #3) all on table depending on how big of name available.

*And I think for GSW, might be a way to trade Oubre Jr. for Iggy TPE, then Wiggins for Suns pure cap space and get a fresh 29.5mil Wiggins TPE???

Certainly interesting. I would only start to consider if Phx kept #10 as well.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,731

Post#27 » by gswhoops » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Fo-Real wrote:

FOR

Oubre Jr. + #10

Anytime the name Wiggins comes up, nobody outside GS fans reads the proposal any further.

Tbh we don’t like them any more than the rest of the league
Crives
General Manager

Post#28 » by Crives » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:36 pm

Fo-Real wrote:I would have to imagine that if the play of Bridges and Cam Johnson somehow makes Kelly available, then that would mean rekindling the talks with Orlando about Gordon. Them asking for Kelly was the sticking point.

I don’t get that one. AG would be an awkward fit in the starting lineup. If we are taking Oubre out his replacement needs to be a good shooter like we saw from Cam yesterday.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#29 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Crives wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:I would have to imagine that if the play of Bridges and Cam Johnson somehow makes Kelly available, then that would mean rekindling the talks with Orlando about Gordon. Them asking for Kelly was the sticking point.

I don’t get that one. AG would be an awkward fit in the starting lineup. If we are taking Oubre out his replacement needs to be a good shooter like we saw from Cam yesterday.

You are worried about shooting that we already have but you are willing to take on Wiggin's huge contract? If we decide to move Oubre it would be to upgrade at PF, if we are not in need of that then just keep Oubre and he can freelance there. We can address the back up guard spot in the draft or free-agency.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#30 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Markkanen + Sato + 2nd(s).. which is probably a tad light

That's great for the Bulls, maybe not the windfall PHO expects. I'm of the opinion that too many people overthink a trade trying to balance out the stats and value and don't just look at what teams end up with.

Satoransky isn't the sexy add that fans want to brag about but he plays his role and did it in more minutes than he ever had in the past with the Bulls this year. Looking at the PHO roster Markkanen would step right in and start, he's a floor spacer waiting to get the ball from Rubio. The strong point for both is they don't have long term deals so if they don't work out they don't have to stay. if they do only Markkanen is going to rate a major contract. If PHO keeps Oubre they're going to have to sign him to a big contract.

The Bulls can't go wrong getting #10. But Oubre in exchange for Lavine doesn't help their roster or rotation, just clogs up the SF position with Porter and Hutchison and leaves a big hole at either guard spot. Trading Markkanen shifts Porter to the PF, whether they trade Young or not, leaves White at PG but now with Lavine and Oubre at the 2 and 3 who like White can both shoot or get their own shot so less reliance on having that pure passing PG.

I don't know a S&T or his qualifying offer would fit in a trade but if the Suns wanted Kris Dunn as a backup PG instead of Satoransky there would be no problem making that substitution.
Crives
General Manager

Post#31 » by Crives » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Crives wrote:

You are worried about shooting that we already have but you are willing to take on Wiggin's huge contract? If we decide to move Oubre it would be to upgrade at PF, if we are not in need of that then just keep Oubre and he can freelance there. We can address the back up guard spot in the draft or free-agency.

I said I would consider taking back Wiggins if we kept #10. The return would be #3 + Wolves 1st. In a year or two we could package Wiggins expiring with a couple young players from these picks and a bunch of future firsts for a disgruntled star.

I would probably be ok with this.

PG - Rubio/MLE this summer (Clarkson, Dragic, Holiday,..)
SG - Booker/Carter/Vassel(#10)
SF - Bridges/Wiggins/Vassel(#10)
PF - Cam/Saric/Frank
C -Ayton/Baynes/Frank

+ whoever we select at #3
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#32 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Crives wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Crives wrote:

I said I would consider taking back Wiggins if we kept #10. The return would be #3 + Wolves 1st. In a year or two we could package Wiggins expiring with a couple young players from these picks and a bunch of future firsts for a disgruntled star.

PF - Cam/Saric/Frank
C -Ayton/Baynes/Frank

This feels like a debate that doesn't matter. I wouldn't offer both picks as GS, even as someone who thinks they should move picks to get better now and optimize the end of heir championship window.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#33 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:24 pm

I think PHX should do all it can to get Lauri. Also think Sato is a great fit.

Lauri + Sato + SRP for Oubre + 10?

This seems like a really nice, balanced lineup. Spend the MLE on a PF compliment to Lauri that can defend and is athletic:

G - Ricky Rubi / Jevon Carter / Jalen Lecque
G - Devin Booker / Tomas Satoransky / Ty Jerome
F - Mikal Bridges / Cam Johnson
F - Lauri Markkanen / Rondae Hollis-Jefferson / Frank Kaminsky
C - DeAndre Ayton / Aron Baynes / Frank Kaminsky
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#34 » by Pinkyring » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
hcsilla wrote:

FOR

Oubre Jr. + #10

Killin me Smalls!!! -1 may I remind you that Wiggins is set to make 29, 31 and 33 MILLION DOLLARS the next 3 years!!! All while not giving us what Oubre would while maybe making 19-20 mil if we resigned him.

Any gm giving oubre 20m ahould be fired, he's overpaid at 15m he's a mle type player
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#35 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:47 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think PHX should do all it can to get Lauri. Also think Sato is a great fit.

Lauri + Sato + SRP for Oubre + 10?

This seems like a really nice, balanced lineup. Spend the MLE on a PF compliment to Lauri that can defend and is athletic:

G - Ricky Rubi / Jevon Carter / Jalen Lecque
G - Devin Booker / Tomas Satoransky / Ty Jerome
F - Mikal Bridges / Cam Johnson
F - Lauri Markkanen / Rondae Hollis-Jefferson / Frank Kaminsky
C - DeAndre Ayton / Aron Baynes / Frank Kaminsky

Combine ideas...

To Warriors: Oubre Jr. (via TPE) + OPJ + #10

To Bulls: Wiggins + Poole + Suns Small Filler + #3 + 2021 Wolves FRP + 12Mil TPE

To Suns: Markkanen + Sato

Something to that affect. Bulls take on Wiggins for assets. Trade LaVine subsequent for more youth and Bulls enter full rebuild.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#36 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Catchall wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Victor Oladipo?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I don't think Oubre + 10 would net Oladipo, but could attract a player just a tier below that -- e.g., Buddy Hield, maybe Jrue Holliday, not sure.

You have Hield and Holiday on the same level?!?!

Hield is good. Both he and Jrue are just below All Star level. Their contracts are in the same range.

I have Jrue as slightly better (since he's a two-way, multi-positional player). Oubre + 10 might get a discussion started for Jrue, but I'm not sure it would get a deal done.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 816

Post#37 » by ADMVP » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Jrue guards 1-4, he's on the best player every night and gives us 20ppg. He's definitely better than Heild.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#38 » by Skybox » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Crives wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

PF - Cam/Saric/Frank
C -Ayton/Baynes/Frank

This feels like a debate that doesn't matter. I wouldn't offer both picks as GS, even as someone who thinks they should move picks to get better now and optimize the end of heir championship window.

Agreed. I can't believe GSW would trade both picks to compensate for Wiggins' admittedly overpaid deal. Those are two SERIOUS value picks and those two contributors will come in cost-controlled for years while Wiggins' deal winds down. I know many will disagree, but I don't put Oubre (basketball wise-contracts notwithstanding) on a different tier than Wiggins. Oubre is a good scorer, okay shooter, solid athlete...if he gets the kind of deal he's probably angling for, he'll be overpaid too. I'd take Wiggins and two elite picks over Oubre and #10 any day...I also concur that those picks should be traded for win-now pieces for GSW.
Crives
General Manager

Post#39 » by Crives » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Crives wrote:

PF - Cam/Saric/Frank
C -Ayton/Baynes/Frank

Agreed. I can't believe GSW would trade both picks to compensate for Wiggins' admittedly overpaid deal. Those are two SERIOUS value picks and those two contributors will come in cost-controlled for years while Wiggins' deal winds down. I know many will disagree, but I don't put Oubre (basketball wise-contracts notwithstanding) on a different tier than Wiggins. Oubre is a good scorer, okay shooter, solid athlete...if he gets the kind of deal he's probably angling for, he'll be overpaid too. I'd take Wiggins and two elite picks over Oubre and #10 any day...I also concur that those picks should be traded for win-now pieces for GSW.

Yes, agree.

If GS is looking for win now move they are better off using their TPE then pay to dump Wiggins.

Is GS really is hurting due to gate revenue (80% of revenue estimated), GS would probably prefer to dump Wiggins into pure cap space with a team like Atlanta.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#40 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
hcsilla wrote:

Any gm giving oubre 20m ahould be fired, he's overpaid at 15m he's a mle type player

Hes not.

Return to Trades and Transactions