ImageImageImageImage

Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Re: Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates 

Post#361 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm

edited
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#362 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:58 pm

thelead wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
thelead wrote:I don't have time to write a dissertation on the topic but yes I agree. It's very troubling how many people have long term symptoms and the fact that antibody tests are showing that immunity may not last more than a few months after getting over it.

It seems like there's some positive evidence that even if our typical B cell immunity may not work long-term against COVID that our T cell immunity can work long-term.

Otherwise, worst case scenario is we get a COVID vaccine every 3-4 months.

That is good news that I hadn't seen yet. Thanks! Not sure we can irradiate COVID if we're going to need vaccines every 3-4 months. And to be completely transparent, even as someone that 100% believes in science and vaccinations, I'm not sure I want to be near the front of the line when its released.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200716-the-people-with-hidden-protection-from-covid-19

Yeah, same on the vaccine. I'm a firm believer in science and vaccines but they might be rushing this one a bit - others can be the guinea pigs just like the ones who didn't wear masks when we originally re-opened.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#363 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:11 pm

thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
thelead wrote:We can not allow ignorant statements to go unchecked. It is unbelievable that you'll probably be slapped on the wrist but blatant crassness and ignorant tin-foil conspiracy theories are allowed.

It is very rude and insensitive of you to downplay the affects of the flu. Many people die and are hospitalized every year because of it. Albeit strangers to you, so you don't really care... kinda like your "uncle" to me.

You're being disingenuous and you know it:

2019 flu deaths (with no social distancing/shutting down the economy): 62,000
2020 covid deaths (in less than 6 months): 152,000

But sure, keep on spewing your nonsense.

alright, now going by your numbers, i'll even double the covid deaths for you...

2019 flu deaths (vaccines available) : .02% of the population
2020 covid deaths (brand new, no vaccines): .09% of the population

99.95% of the population didn't die from covid. Sure it sucks for the people it affected, but not reason to shut down and potentially destroy the world for everyone else...

It has worse adverse affects, according to cdc director:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cdc-director-threat-of-suicide-drugs-flu-to-youth-far-greater-than-covid

In any event, your opinion on the seriousness of the virus doesn't change what MPJ said. "I think the coronavirus is being used obviously for a bigger agenda". It absolutely is and we all should be worried about that.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,953

Post#364 » by Ducklett » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:31 pm

jayrehme wrote:
thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
It is very rude and insensitive of you to downplay the affects of the flu. Many people die and are hospitalized every year because of it. Albeit strangers to you, so you don't really care... kinda like your "uncle" to me.

You're being disingenuous and you know it:

2019 flu deaths (with no social distancing/shutting down the economy): 62,000
2020 covid deaths (in less than 6 months): 152,000

But sure, keep on spewing your nonsense.

alright, now going by your numbers, i'll even double the covid deaths for you...

2019 flu deaths (vaccines available) : .02% of the population
2020 covid deaths (brand new, no vaccines): .09% of the population

99.95% of the population didn't die from covid. Sure it sucks for the people it affected, but not reason to shut down and potentially destroy the world for everyone else...

It has worse adverse affects, according to cdc director:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cdc-director-threat-of-suicide-drugs-flu-to-youth-far-greater-than-covid

In any event, your opinion on the seriousness of the virus doesn't change what MPJ said. "I think the coronavirus is being used obviously for a bigger agenda". It absolutely is and we all should be worried about that.

Per the UN (sourced from CNN https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/africa/coronavirus-famine-un-warning-intl/index.html):

The lockdowns could double the amount of people in crisis situations in regards to starvation. Meaning we could have 150-250 million additional starvation deaths globally as fallout. That's so wild to think about honestly.
thelead
RealGM

Post#365 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 pm

edited
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,666

Post#366 » by basketballRob » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:11 pm

Unfortunately it looks likely that the game Sunday will be cancelled due to the tropical storm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
thelead
RealGM

Post#367 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 pm

edited
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#368 » by jayrehme » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no MPJ this ain’t it.

MPJ was right...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/world-bank-offered-belarus-940-million-coronavirus-loan-locked-destroyed-economy/
thelead
RealGM

Post#369 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pm

edited
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#370 » by jayrehme » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no MPJ this ain’t it.

MPJ was right...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/world-bank-offered-belarus-940-million-coronavirus-loan-locked-destroyed-economy/

Talk about clickbait. I CAN'T BELIEVE A BANK WANTED TO LOAN A COUNTRY MONEY TO THEN MAKE A TON IN INTEREST!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Did you not read it? They want to destroy the economies... So... who took the bribe in the us?
thelead
RealGM

Post#371 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 pm

edited
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#372 » by jayrehme » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:24 pm

thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
thelead wrote:Talk about clickbait. I CAN'T BELIEVE A BANK WANTED TO LOAN A COUNTRY MONEY TO THEN MAKE A TON IN INTEREST!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Did you not read it? They want to destroy the economies... So... who took the bribe in the us?

I don't doubt banks are dirty and want to see a prolonged shutdown so that they can have more leverage/make more money but that doesn't make the virus any less real or dangerous.

What are you even arguing? No one is saying the virus is the hoax. Sure, you win..... Now, like MPJ said, it's being used as part of a larger worlwide agenda to destroy the economies. That doesn't bother you!? Why would they want to do that?
thelead
RealGM

Post#373 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 pm

edited
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#374 » by jayrehme » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:44 pm

I wont reply directly because you just posted an unrelated wall of jibberish. Apparently you dont understand the ramifications of a destroyed economy.. look it up. I still dont understand what you are trying to argue. You think its OK for people in power to take massive bribes to ruin their citizens' lives?
thelead
RealGM

Post#375 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 pm

edited
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#376 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm

thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:I wont reply directly because you just posted an unrelated wall of jibberish. Apparently you dont understand the ramifications of a destroyed economy.. look it up. I still dont understand what you are trying to argue. You think its OK for people in power to take massive bribes to ruin their citizens' lives?

I do understand but what do you suggest we do? Force parents to send their kids to school so they can go back to work? Banks aren't forcing parents to care about their kids, themselves and their older parents.

lead,

lol, this has been fun. I appreciate it. But why are you entertaining this clown? Go read up on the other topics this kid has chosen to attack. This nut is off his meds and needs help. Best to leave him alone and wish him well.
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#377 » by jayrehme » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:13 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:I wont reply directly because you just posted an unrelated wall of jibberish. Apparently you dont understand the ramifications of a destroyed economy.. look it up. I still dont understand what you are trying to argue. You think its OK for people in power to take massive bribes to ruin their citizens' lives?

I do understand but what do you suggest we do? Force parents to send their kids to school so they can go back to work? Banks aren't forcing parents to care about their kids, themselves and their older parents.

lead,

lol, this has been fun. I appreciate it. But why are you entertaining this clown? Go read up on the other topics this kid has chosen to attack. This nut is off his meds and needs help. Best to leave him alone and wish him well.

Another case of attacking the messenger and trying to depict him as crazy. What is crazy abou MPJ's comment there? Its completely sound and logical. Do you have any real feedback, or just felt like posting some unecessary "oh I'm so noble, cause I say so" response?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,347

Post#378 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Let's stop. First and last warning for anybody involved.
thelead
RealGM

Post#379 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:44 pm

SOUL wrote:Let's stop. First and last warning for anybody involved.

I apologize for contributing to the derailment of the topic. I've redacted my contributions.
thelead
RealGM

Post#380 » by thelead » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:45 pm

So... Are Fultz and Isaac going to start tomorrow?

Return to Orlando Magic