Best Player for Oubre + #10?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Re: Best Player for Oubre + #10? 

Post#41 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Crives wrote:
Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
This feels like a debate that doesn't matter. I wouldn't offer both picks as GS, even as someone who thinks they should move picks to get better now and optimize the end of heir championship window.

Agreed. I can't believe GSW would trade both picks to compensate for Wiggins' admittedly overpaid deal. Those are two SERIOUS value picks and those two contributors will come in cost-controlled for years while Wiggins' deal winds down. I know many will disagree, but I don't put Oubre (basketball wise-contracts notwithstanding) on a different tier than Wiggins. Oubre is a good scorer, okay shooter, solid athlete...if he gets the kind of deal he's probably angling for, he'll be overpaid too. I'd take Wiggins and two elite picks over Oubre and #10 any day...I also concur that those picks should be traded for win-now pieces for GSW.

Yes, agree.

If GS is looking for win now move they are better off using their TPE then pay to dump Wiggins.

Is GS really is hurting due to gate revenue (80% of revenue estimated), GS would probably prefer to dump Wiggins into pure cap space with a team like Atlanta.

That 2021 Wolves FRP is losing value almost every day.

Same with Wiggins negative value — dropping almost every day.

GSW is seriously looking at most realistic outcome of not using TPE (due to financial state of NBA), not trading Wiggins (just too toxic of contract and too much attached value needed to move), and with no other trade ballast...keeping 2020 FRP (not using in win-now trade).
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#42 » by jredsaz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Catchall wrote:
I don't think Oubre + 10 would net Oladipo, but could attract a player just a tier below that -- e.g., Buddy Hield, maybe Jrue Holliday, not sure.
Oladipo has good value. I like the player a lot. But without a commitment to an extension a top five pick and a starting caliber wing is a really good get for 28 year old a injury prone guard set for a huge payday that the Pacers can't afford.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Boy, that’s wildly incorrect

Even with a drop in the projected cap/tax, we can afford to give him a max, which has been published as being a standing offer for him, and still stay under the tax. Worst case scenario, we move Jeremy Lamb in another year to clear some salary.
"Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon has seen his company, mall operator Simon Properties Group, lose more than $25 billion in stock value since January. The Pacers' payroll for next season is slated to be more than $125 million, highest in team history, and star Victor Oladipo is eligible for a contract extension," from Windhorsts article.

Pacers will be squeezed as hard as any team in the NBA. The fact that Simon's real moneymaker is in brick and mortar retail makes things all the worse. I assume Dipo gets moved.

Suns just sold their G-League affiliate so I doubt Oladipo is moved to Phoenix.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#43 » by jredsaz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Catchall wrote:
I don't think Oubre + 10 would net Oladipo, but could attract a player just a tier below that -- e.g., Buddy Hield, maybe Jrue Holliday, not sure.
Oladipo has good value. I like the player a lot. But without a commitment to an extension a top five pick and a starting caliber wing is a really good get for 28 year old a injury prone guard set for a huge payday that the Pacers can't afford.

It's interesting how people will slap all sorts of arbitrary labels on Oladipo to justify lowering his trade value

It's even more interesting that people are doing this despite the Pacers having shown zero interest in trading him in the first place
He has missed 10 or more games 4/7 years in the NBA including the last two season in which he missed a significant amount due to a major injury. Missed 20% of the season in 16/17 with OKC. Not just making things up to decrease value. Lol.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#44 » by jredsaz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:26 pm

NotACat wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Oladipo has good value. I like the player a lot. But without a commitment to an extension a top five pick and a starting caliber wing is a really good get for 28 year old a injury prone guard set for a huge payday that the Pacers can't afford.

It's interesting how people will slap all sorts of arbitrary labels on Oladipo to justify lowering his trade value

It's even more interesting that people are doing this despite the Pacers having shown zero interest in trading him in the first place

It's because he's in a small market. It's happening with Giannis too.

Every national media outlet talks about small market teams like they aren't allowed to have stars and that they should flock to LA, NY, etc
I'm talking about it due to the current economic crisis and the ownership situation in Indy.

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:37 pm

jredsaz wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Oladipo has good value. I like the player a lot. But without a commitment to an extension a top five pick and a starting caliber wing is a really good get for 28 year old a injury prone guard set for a huge payday that the Pacers can't afford.

Even with a drop in the projected cap/tax, we can afford to give him a max, which has been published as being a standing offer for him, and still stay under the tax. Worst case scenario, we move Jeremy Lamb in another year to clear some salary.
"Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon has seen his company, mall operator Simon Properties Group, lose more than $25 billion in stock value since January. The Pacers' payroll for next season is slated to be more than $125 million, highest in team history, and star Victor Oladipo is eligible for a contract extension," from Windhorsts article.

Pacers will be squeezed as hard as any team in the NBA. The fact that Simon's real moneymaker is in brick and mortar retail makes things all the worse. I assume Dipo gets moved.

And Windhorst doesn't understand what's happening. Simon retired, handed off Simon management to his son, David, and has sold off large portions of his ownership (to his son and other manager's) over the years. Simon's moneymaker hasn't been retail for many years. He retired from the business and sold off a large part of his ownership of Simon Property a couple years ago when the share price was much higher. He bought small portions back in when the share price was around $20. It's around $64 now. He's been in cash, and diversifying his estate plan for years now.

And as I said earlier in the thread, the fact that payroll for next season is slated to be the highest in team history is ignoring the fact that with the way the cap has risen, almost every single year of his ownership has been the highest salaries owed in team history. Last year was the highest salary ever. Then this year was. And next year will be. Likely, the year after that, too!
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#46 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Chinook wrote:I don't think Oubre plus 10 has very positive value. Like I think it could get a decent player, but the idea of getting top picks or elite prospects/stars is just not realistic, especially in this draft.

right maybe gets them a unproven player that is payed lottery $ but needs a different scene.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#47 » by Pinkyring » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Killin me Smalls!!! -1 may I remind you that Wiggins is set to make 29, 31 and 33 MILLION DOLLARS the next 3 years!!! All while not giving us what Oubre would while maybe making 19-20 mil if we resigned him.

Any gm giving oubre 20m ahould be fired, he's overpaid at 15m he's a mle type player

Hes not.

He doesn't do anything above average and analytically he's a net negative he's scoring on a bad team but he isn't a good player
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#48 » by cjmcallist » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 pm

PHX sends: Rubio + Oubre + 10th pick
OKC sends: Schroeder + Gallinari (S&T ~20m per, for 3 years)
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#49 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 pm

cjmcallist wrote:PHX sends: Rubio + Oubre + 10th pick

I am not sure PHX does that even without #10.

Why does PHX need to S&T for Gallinari? They can sign him outright. Keep #10 and Rubio.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#50 » by jredsaz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:19 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

And Windhorst doesn't understand what's happening. Simon retired, handed off Simon management to his son, David, and has sold off large portions of his ownership (to his son and other manager's) over the years. Simon's moneymaker hasn't been retail for many years. He retired from the business and sold off a large part of his ownership of Simon Property a couple years ago when the share price was much higher. He bought small portions back in when the share price was around $20. It's around $64 now. He's been in cash, and diversifying his estate plan for years now.

And as I said earlier in the thread, the fact that payroll for next season is slated to be the highest in team history is ignoring the fact that with the way the cap has risen, almost every single year of his ownership has been the highest salaries owed in team history. Last year was the highest salary ever. Then this year was. And next year will be. Likely, the year after that, too!
I'm sure the impact of Covid on the financial situation in Indiana won't force any hard decisions then.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#51 » by jredsaz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:39 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Any gm giving oubre 20m ahould be fired, he's overpaid at 15m he's a mle type player

Hes not.

He doesn't do anything above average and analytically he's a net negative he's scoring on a bad team but he isn't a good player
So you just look at statistics statically? He has made huge strides across the board over his entire career. He is a 24 year old, athletic wing standing 6'7" with a wingspan over 7'. Averaged 19/6/2 on similar efficiency stats to Tobias Harris and CJ McCollum this season.

He isn't a bad player and he isn't a finished product.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#52 » by jredsaz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:42 am

Stillwater wrote:
Chinook wrote:I don't think Oubre plus 10 has very positive value. Like I think it could get a decent player, but the idea of getting top picks or elite prospects/stars is just not realistic, especially in this draft.

right maybe gets them a unproven player that is payed lottery $ but needs a different scene.
Seriously? Its still a top 10 pick. Lol. And while Oubre isn't Kawhi he is still a decent player and good prospect. An unproven lottery pick? Come on.

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#53 » by Topofthekey » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:26 am

jredsaz wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:

He has missed 10 or more games 4/7 years in the NBA including the last two season in which he missed a significant amount due to a major injury. Missed 20% of the season in 16/17 with OKC. Not just making things up to decrease value. Lol.

If you think he's injury prone, then the simple solution is to just don't trade for him

Pacers are happy to keep him, and you don't have to trade for an "injury prone" player, seems like win-win all around
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#54 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 am

Combine a couple thread ideas...

To Suns: Markkanen + Sato

To Bulls: Barrett + Randle + Okobo + #10 (Suns FRP)

To Knicks: LaVine + Oubre Jr.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#55 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:07 am

jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Seriously? Its still a top 10 pick. Lol. And while Oubre isn't Kawhi he is still a decent player and good prospect. An unproven lottery pick? Come on.

Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode that fits the Suns would be a better investment than a 2020 unused lottery pick.
Not sure what Oubre contract is... Is it attractive and if so why trade him?
The pick has little value imo
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#56 » by Pinkyring » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:12 pm

jredsaz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Hes not.

So you just look at statistics statically? He has made huge strides across the board over his entire career. He is a 24 year old, athletic wing standing 6'7" with a wingspan over 7'. Averaged 19/6/2 on similar efficiency stats to Tobias Harris and CJ McCollum this season.

He isn't a bad player and he isn't a finished product.

19 on a bad team devoid of scorers with ayton missed a missing a big chunk of the season and again a net negative as he's been most of his career. He's a backup on a good team
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#57 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:15 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:PHX sends: Rubio + Oubre + 10th pick

I am not sure PHX does that even without #10.

Why does PHX need to S&T for Gallinari? They can sign him outright. Keep #10 and Rubio.

Dang, your right. Just trying to snag picks wherever I can. Gonna be a long 5 years for us.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#58 » by Monky15 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:20 pm

To the Bulls for OPJ and #7. Sun's use cap space to trade up for a better player at #7. Bulls trade down to clear some extra cap.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#59 » by NotACat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Monky15 wrote:To the Bulls for OPJ and #7. Sun's use cap space to trade up for a better player at #7. Bulls trade down to clear some extra cap.

#10 alone is an overpay for OPJ and that contract, can't see Phoenix also sending Oubre. Its something worth thinking about if Phoenix was only sending Oubre and keeping their draft pick, but I'm higher on OPJ than most other people
Black Lives Matter
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#60 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:37 pm

jredsaz wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:"Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon has seen his company, mall operator Simon Properties Group, lose more than $25 billion in stock value since January. The Pacers' payroll for next season is slated to be more than $125 million, highest in team history, and star Victor Oladipo is eligible for a contract extension," from Windhorsts article.

I'm sure the impact of Covid on the financial situation in Indiana won't force any hard decisions then.

Sigh.

Y’all didn’t trade Booker at first chance for lesser value just to save money. You sold your GLeague team. Then you’d likely trade an Oubre, or a Rubio well before you trade a Booker, right?

Return to Trades and Transactions