Best Player For RJ Barrett and 6th Overall

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Best Player For RJ Barrett and 6th Overall 

Post#1 » by NYG » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Who is the best player the Knicks could get for Barrett and 6? No need to match salary.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Re: Best Player For RJ Barrett and 6th Overall 

Post#2 » by Crives » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Oubre + #10!
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,744

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:40 pm

I feel like the answer here is "not a good enough one to make it worth it"

Maybe this package gets you Beal? Feels a little light for him though.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,760

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Gobert if Utah is willing to deal him
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#5 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Gobert if Utah is willing to deal him

Gross. I don’t think that is even close for Jazz to consider. Barrett would be ugly with Mitchell and we all know #6 is not a premium draft slot in a premium draft.

Jazz can get better elsewhere.
Texas Chuck

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Gobert if Utah is willing to deal him

Gross. I don’t think that is even close for Jazz to consider. Barrett would be ugly with Mitchell and we all know #6 is not a premium draft slot in a premium draft.

Jazz can get better elsewhere.

They might could get better fits though teams generally never have enough wings so I'm not that worried about Barrett being redundant. But feel free to name me all the higher value packages teams would give up for him.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,441

Post#7 » by Myth » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:40 pm

Though I don fits well with the timeline for Dame, I think Portland would maybe give CJ for this package due to value.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#8 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Myth wrote:Though I don fits well with the timeline for Dame, I think Portland would maybe give CJ for this package due to value.

Yeah, I suspect they would given that the consensus among non-Portland fans is that CJ practically has no value at all on his contract. It's just crazy to me how everyone on a large contract that isn't an all-star is labeled an albatross and yet somehow there is this continuing charade that McCollum is valuable.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#9 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Bulls offer up a second round pick to go with Zach Lavine and Thad Young. Lavine is either a no defense one dimensional player that Thibs would hate, or he's one of the guys Thibs wishes he hadn't traded in MINN, both opinions show up here. Young is a steady veteran PF off the bench who could fill in start for a team being built from nowhere. Do the Knicks like Kris Dunn, work him in and send back Kevin Knox who either is a bust or a building block depending on who is posting.

Until there's some kind of hint what direction the Knicks are going to take, who knows what a good offer is.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,376

Post#10 » by drosestruts » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Beal seems possible.

Jaylen Brown maybe? I'm not sure what the Celtics are up, roster is getting very expensive though.

Here's a different idea and a guy Thibs would love.... is it enough for Jonathan Isaac?
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#11 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:29 pm

It's probably too early to trade Barrett. It's not clear what kind of player he'll be. Rookies usually take strides by their 3rd season. People were questioning Tatum his first two seasons. Barrett could be pretty special if he keeps developing.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#12 » by DetroitDon15 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm

My thought process would be that this item is a good starting point for Beal. If you add Randle and picks, it’s probably can help get a deal done. I’d assume Randle to a third team for Rebuilding assets.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#13 » by E S V L » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm

NYG wrote:Who is the best player the Knicks could get for Barrett and 6? No need to match salary.

If the Memphis management sees Barret as SF and Okongwu as an elite big, it can decide to offer Jaren Jackson Jr.
FK NFL
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#14 » by Norm2953 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Myth wrote:Though I don fits well with the timeline for Dame, I think Portland would maybe give CJ for this package due to value.

This is going to be strange summer given the likelihood teams will at the start of the 2020/21 season will
be playing in a bubble which may lead to a 40% reduction in team revenue. Given financial realities, I
would think this would be a move Portland might welcome
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#15 » by Village Idiot » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:56 pm

BullyKing wrote:

Yeah, I suspect they would given that the consensus among non-Portland fans is that CJ practically has no value at all on his contract. It's just crazy to me how everyone on a large contract that isn't an all-star is labeled an albatross and yet somehow there is this continuing charade that McCollum is valuable.
It's pretty ironic that Philadelphia fans are constantly trying to concoct deals around Harris or Horford for McCollum and yet he has no value. :crazy:
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#16 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:57 pm

This is a tough package to match. Id assume if the Knicks were offering this up it would be for a win now player.

However, I'm not sure there's really one available. Obviously Bradley Beal come to mind, but after that? You would either need to find a team that going into a rebuild and has some vets to move, or a team that is in a rebuild and has said vet. After Bradley Beal I dont really see a player potentially available that would be worth this package.

I guess if the Rockets decide the current core will never do anything, Russell Westbrook?
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#17 » by Rockazoids » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 pm

There is no way New York is trading RJ for a soon-to-be 32-year-old Russell Westbrook.
RipPizzaGuy wrote:This is a tough package to match. Id assume if the Knicks were offering this up it would be for a win now player.

However, I'm not sure there's really one available. Obviously Bradley Beal come to mind, but after that? You would either need to find a team that going into a rebuild and has some vets to move, or a team that is in a rebuild and has said vet. After Bradley Beal I dont really see a player potentially available that would be worth this package.

I guess if the Rockets decide the current core will never do anything, Russell Westbrook?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using RealGM mobile app
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Texas Chuck

Post#18 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

It's pretty ironic that Philadelphia fans are constantly trying to concoct deals around Harris or Horford for McCollum and yet he has no value. :crazy:

Everyone,

We just had like a 7 or 8 page thread about CJ. If you really want to re-litigate this go there(unless I locked it which I may have because it dissolved into absurdities, then PM me to open it first. :D ), but let's not turn this thread into more petty little arguments one way or the other regarding him.

Thanks

Chuck
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#19 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

I'm not trying to start an unnecessary debate just pointing out that it's entirely consistent since most Philly fans acknowledge Horford and Harris do not have any value either on their contracts.

As for your proposal, while I maintain the value is wildly off, I do think Portland makes some sense if they can figure out a way to turn whatever assets and salary relief they could get from trading McCollum into a win now player that has less overlap with Dame's skill set like a bigger wing.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Post#20 » by NYG » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 pm

Catchall wrote:It's probably too early to trade Barrett. It's not clear what kind of player he'll be. Rookies usually take strides by their 3rd season. People were questioning Tatum his first two seasons. Barrett could be pretty special if he keeps developing.

What about the 6th Overall Pick on its own?

6th Overall = Which Veteran? Keep in mind salary matching isn’t necessary

Return to Trades and Transactions