Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Potential sleepers 

Post#1821 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:28 pm

EMG518 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Who's going first - Riller or Bane?

Riller will go close to Lottery.

Anyone ever get drafted in the lottery that age or close to it? Just curious. He turned 23 in February. Having trouble finding it on my phone.

McCollum, Lilllard, Clarke were all 22?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#1822 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:40 am

getrichordie wrote:
Coeur wrote:...

I can assure you that Cassius Stanley IS NOT a top 10 player in this draft.

Let's do a little exercise. What consensus top 10-ish prospects do you have as worse than Stanley?

Okongwu, ball, Edwards, Wiseman
——-
Obi, Stanley, Deni, Hayes
———
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#1823 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:03 pm

EMG518 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Who's going first - Riller or Bane?

Anyone ever get drafted in the lottery that age or close to it? Just curious. He turned 23 in February. Having trouble finding it on my phone.

Wes Johnson turned 23 a few weeks after he was drafted
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1824 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Klomp wrote:
EMG518 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

He made me start being more skeptical of 1 year wonders. I was sure he was going to be better than he turned out to be.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1825 » by EvanZ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Klomp wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

He made me start being more skeptical of 1 year wonders. I was sure he was going to be better than he turned out to be.

Riller is anything but a 1-year wonder. He's basically been doing the same thing for 4 years.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1826 » by EvanZ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Coeur wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Coeur wrote:...

I can assure you that Cassius Stanley IS NOT a top 10 player in this draft.

Let's do a little exercise. What consensus top 10-ish prospects do you have as worse than Stanley?

Okongwu, ball, Edwards, Wiseman
——-
Obi, Stanley, Deni, Hayes
———

**** man. :lol:

Only on RealGM.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1827 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:48 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Klomp wrote:Wes Johnson turned 23 a few weeks after he was drafted

Riller is anything but a 1-year wonder. He's basically been doing the same thing for 4 years.

No, I was talking about Wes Johnson.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1828 » by EMG518 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 am

Ruzious wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:He made me start being more skeptical of 1 year wonders. I was sure he was going to be better than he turned out to be.

No, I was talking about Wes Johnson.

I definitely missed on him. I liked Wes Johnson coming out.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1829 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:22 pm

I've been sleeping on Malik Fitts.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#1830 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:14 am

Paul Reed is a 1st-rd prospect that keeps showing up in the mid-2nd round on mocks. Nice size at 6'9" w/ 7'2" wingspan, guards 3 or 4 positions, has a handle, has shooting touch (74% FT%) and plays with pace. He appears to be working on his shooting form to take the hitch out of his jump shot. He's only 3 months older than Achiuwa, and he shows better shooting and more positional versatility.

His impact should be like a less bouncy, higher IQ version of Josh Smith.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#1831 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:25 am

Catchall wrote:Paul Reed is a 1st-rd prospect that keeps showing up in the mid-2nd round on mocks. Nice size at 6'9" w/ 7'2" wingspan, guards 3 or 4 positions, has a handle, has shooting touch (74% FT%) and plays with pace. He appears to be working on his shooting form to take the hitch out of his jump shot. He's only 3 months older than Achiuwa, and he shows better shooting and more positional versatility.

Per Vecenie:

Basically, I worry he might not be skilled enough or a good enough decision-maker right now to play the four on offense in today’s NBA, and he also isn’t big enough to play the five. I’ve also heard from a few NBA teams that have interviewed him that the role he sees himself in long term isn’t quite commensurate with where they see him. He’s just a very weird fit in a lot of ways, despite the immense production. I hope he ends up in a place like Toronto, which I trust would get the most out of him due to its internal development intelligence. He has some real upside. But he could go a lot of ways as a prospect, and I worry a bit that the team that has him first might not be the one that reaps the rewards.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Catchall
RealGM

Post#1832 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:44 am

getrichordie wrote:
Catchall wrote:Paul Reed is a 1st-rd prospect that keeps showing up in the mid-2nd round on mocks. Nice size at 6'9" w/ 7'2" wingspan, guards 3 or 4 positions, has a handle, has shooting touch (74% FT%) and plays with pace. He appears to be working on his shooting form to take the hitch out of his jump shot. He's only 3 months older than Achiuwa, and he shows better shooting and more positional versatility.

Per Vecenie:

Basically, I worry he might not be skilled enough or a good enough decision-maker right now to play the four on offense in today’s NBA, and he also isn’t big enough to play the five. I’ve also heard from a few NBA teams that have interviewed him that the role he sees himself in long term isn’t quite commensurate with where they see him. He’s just a very weird fit in a lot of ways, despite the immense production. I hope he ends up in a place like Toronto, which I trust would get the most out of him due to its internal development intelligence. He has some real upside. But he could go a lot of ways as a prospect, and I worry a bit that the team that has him first might not be the one that reaps the rewards.

First of all, if I try to read between the lines here, it sounds as though he may see himself as someone who can play on the ball and initiate plays. If that were the case, I'd be excited to hear it. It means he wants to be a high-impact player.

As for size to play the 5, he's a more natural 4, but his measurables are comparable to Kevon Looney and he's a more dynamic player than Looney. He will probably also measure out very close to Achiuwa.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1833 » by No-Man » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:14 pm

I am not sure if he can be much more than a scoring bench Guard, but Breein Tyree is an elite athlete for a Guard
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#1834 » by doordoor123 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:11 pm

getrichordie wrote:

Per Vecenie:

Most rookies don't know what their role is. It isnt hard to get someone to play their role when they don't have super high expectations. If there were workouts and he could prove he could play another role it might have helped him a lot.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#1835 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:05 pm

getrichordie wrote:

Per Vecenie:

I've been pretty high on Reed, but this is interesting
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Catchall
RealGM

Post#1836 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:34 pm

Klomp wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Per Vecenie:

I've been pretty high on Reed, but this is interesting

People laughed when Rudy Gobert said he could be an All Star. I'd rather have a player that aims high. Paul Reed has a very high ceiling. Maybe he never gets there, but I think he has borderline All Star potential.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#1837 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:47 pm

I don't see Reed as offensively skilled enough to be a meaningful contributor on that end. Enough so to warrant All-Star potential. A lot of things would have to be fixed and improved upon including handling, footwork, and shot.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1838 » by EvanZ » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:51 pm

Sounds like Reed has some of the same personality issues as Reggie Perry supposedly does.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#1839 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:59 pm

EvanZ wrote:Sounds like Reed has some of the same personality issues as Reggie Perry supposedly does.

I've heard this. Jaden McDaniels too, which is factoring into his slide.

Reed is working on his handle and his shooting form. He now shoots it in front of his forehead, but with a smoother motion. It's a work in progress. If he can sort it out though, he's got a lot going for him.

I don't think he's really going to play on the ball in the NBA, but I think he's potentially more than just a Moe Harkless or Jamychal Green.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#1840 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:12 pm

getrichordie wrote:I don't see Reed as offensively skilled enough to be a meaningful contributor on that end. Enough so to warrant All-Star potential. A lot of things would have to be fixed and improved upon including handling, footwork, and shot.

His college stats are just a bit below Rasheed Wallace, if you account for the fact that Sheed didn't shoot 3s. He's got development work to do, but he'll contribute.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft