ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,364

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1721 » by Strick » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Deni just became the youngest Israeli League MVP ever. He’s such an interesting prospect to me. I have doubts he’ll ever become a “star” but I feel confident in his ability to become a really good player and helps a team in many different ways
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#1722 » by nedleeds » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Strick wrote:Deni just became the youngest Israeli League MVP ever. He’s such an interesting prospect to me. I have doubts he’ll ever become a “star” but I feel confident in his ability to become a really good player and helps a team in many different ways

At this point it's best player at whatever spot we fall into. The tank got obliterated those last few weeks and we sit at 6 which is terrible given how awful this roster is. I don't think the Clippers pick is quite enough to move from say 6 to 5, unless 5 really wants a guy and we really want a guy. Clippers pick and one or both Dallas picks could get us from like 6 to 4 maybe, again assuming that 4 has their heart set on somebody at 6.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#1723 » by knickstape21 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.

Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.

The best talent in the draft.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#1724 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player

Dario Saric?

Avdija gonna be more Saric than Doncic imo, he was also dominating at every youth level

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#1725 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:27 pm

moocow007 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis

Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.

They will go with more ready made prospects and vets rather than full youth movement like LaMelo - Jalen Green - Emoni Bates as most of us hardcore fans want here

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#1726 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 pm

El Poochio wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis

Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.

They will go with more ready made prospects and vets rather than full youth movement like LaMelo - Jalen Green - Emoni Bates as most of us hardcore fans want here

Hard to tell who the Knicks are going after imo. Walt Perrin is all about BPA. Can make a case for anyone being BPA in this draft
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#1727 » by bigfnjoe96 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
Dario Saric?

Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.

isn't Dario the player that said Thibs never talked to him once
Is it Miritoc?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
El Poochio

Post#1728 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Hard to tell who the Knicks are going after imo. Walt Perrin is all about BPA. Can make a case for anyone being BPA in this draft

Gaines in disguise

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,973

Post#1729 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.

2010 made a Mitch Richmond comp earlier in the year. I see it. Just a tough, big guard that has just about every tool at an above average (for NBA) player. Any team can use a Mitch Richmond.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#1730 » by DaGawd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Anthony Edwards under Thibs........ :droop: :droop: :droop: :droop: :droop:
BaF
Washington Wizards
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#1731 » by Worst_to_First » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.

Not surprised. They probably see some similarities with this guy here.

Take it with a grain of salt but info apparently came from someone with connections with the Hawks FO.

Says that the Hawks draft board is 1. Edwards 2. Toppin 3. Ball 4. Haliburton.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1028094

Other tidbits here are that the Suns are targeting Cole Anthony and that the Spurs would go for Vassell if they couldn’t move up.

For the Knicks we were indeed interested in LaVine but the asking price is a first rounder and a role player which we refused. Nets seem to be the one that will be more aggressive for LaVine. Mike D’Antoni was also the name floated as the next Nets’ coach.

As expected teams are expecting us to be willing to trade up for LaMelo.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,062

Post#1732 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:54 pm

knickstape21 wrote:

With possibly the worst head for the game.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#1733 » by DaGawd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 pm

RHODEY wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:

He sounds pretty coachable and we'll spoken about basketball in general in this interview. I'm willing to see what some structure can do for this kid. The talent is there
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#1734 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

Take it with a grain of salt but info apparently came from someone with connections with the Hawks FO.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1028094

Other tidbits here are that the Suns are targeting Cole Anthony and that the Spurs would go for Vassell if they couldn’t move up.

For the Knicks we were indeed interested in LaVine but the asking price is a first rounder and a role player which we refused. Nets seem to be the one that will be more aggressive for LaVine. Mike D’Antoni was also the name floated as the next Nets’ coach.

Thanks for sharing this. Cole does seem like he's in Phoenix's range so that's not too far fetched. Interesting to see the Nets have Mike D'Antoni as a candidate. Maybe if he gets fired they'll prob go all in on him. Makes sense for the Knicks not to give up a pick for Lavine cause we still need talent around him. Nets are probably offering Levert, picks and other guys for Lavine. They need a 3rd star and might have the assets to pull it off.

I wonder what the Knicks are giving up to get Lamelo. I'd imagine at the very least that Knox, Frank and DSJ are on the table.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio

Post#1735 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:

Good to see my man buzz doing the double shift at Hawks board

Defending Coleslaw of all people :o

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#1736 » by rajajackal » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:

huh, Mike would actually be a great coach for a KD/Kyrie duo
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#1737 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Strick wrote:Deni just became the youngest Israeli League MVP ever. He’s such an interesting prospect to me. I have doubts he’ll ever become a “star” but I feel confident in his ability to become a really good player and helps a team in many different ways

he's making a strong showing for a top pick

not number one I don't expect but top 5 certainly

every player in the top of this draft has a question mark or more about them
I don't see a clear favorite except by popularity
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,062

Post#1738 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:

He sounds pretty coachable and we'll spoken about basketball in general in this interview. I'm willing to see what some structure can do for this kid. The talent is there

True it most definitely is.
El Poochio

Post#1739 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:50 pm

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1740 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:00 pm

I'm praying we get a top 2 pick to land 1 of Ball or Edwards, would be ecstatic with either. Edwards shooting ability would play well off RJ; his %'s dont suggest it, but he's a really good shooter

Return to New York Knicks