Re: Lakers 2022 Season Payroll 

Post#21 » by Suprasc1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:21 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:C - Jokic
PF - Giannis
SF - Lebron
SG - Kawhi
PG - Curry

Lebron is going to get it done. He's the best GM in the league.

How much help does LeBron need!!!!

Make a team. C'mon you can do it
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,210

Post#22 » by levon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:21 pm

PF - Giannis
SF - Lebron
SG - Kawhi
PG - Curry

Backup PG: Rondo
Suprasc1
Senior
And1: 271

Post#23 » by Suprasc1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 pm

levon wrote:
PF - Giannis
SF - Lebron
SG - Kawhi
PG - Curry

Backup PG: Rondo

Make a team
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#24 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Lebron leaving to join another Super Team and leaving the Lakers with nothing remaining is much more likely
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#25 » by Suprasc1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:34 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:Lebron leaving to join another Super Team and leaving the Lakers with nothing remaining is much more likely

Make a team
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#26 » by drosereturn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:38 pm

According to Lakers fans everyone is a Laker so here it goes!
pg-Chris Paul (vet min bananaboat member desperate to buy championship rings for legacy)
sg-Oladipo
sf-Lebron (vet min collusion again)
pf-giannis
c- AD (vet min colluding with Lebron)
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#27 » by Suprasc1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:39 pm

Showtime23 wrote:According to Lakers fans everyone is a Laker so here it goes!
pg-Doncic
sg-Oladipo
sf-Lebron (vet min collusion again)
pf-giannis
c- AD (vet min colluding with Lebron)

Why can't you try making a real roster? What's up with the groupthink in the comments smh

Just make a roster with a 125 million payroll with the 2021 free agents
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,331

Post#28 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:26 pm

Suprasc1 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Suprasc1 wrote:Lakers are going to sign either Kawhi or Giannis in 2021. You heard it here 1st!

Kawahi and Greek dont come across as guys that will sign with an opp. Lakers are one of their biggest threats. I highly doubt they go full KD

Lebron joined Wade/Heat
Durant joined Warriors
Kawhi Left after being a champion
Jordan retired after winning 3 rings in a row

People can doubt all they want and imagine this and that player doesn't want to do this or that.

They are all free agents and fans/media opinions don't matter at all.

If they can join especially when they are a little older or haven't won. They will join up together

Im not saying they wont leave. Im saying they will not be ok joining lebrons team
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#29 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Suprasc1 wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:Lebron leaving to join another Super Team and leaving the Lakers with nothing remaining is much more likely

Make a team

Hill
DDV
Middleton
Lebron
Giannis
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,387

Post#30 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:24 pm

Anthony Davis will be making 37-40 million per year in 2022. That's 80 million for 2 players and we have no idea what the cap is going to be like. All accounts have it plumetting. Lebron will probably be negotiating another multiyear deal and will be 37 years old. His cap hold will still be there regardless of an opt-out. Next year we probably see McGee, Bradley, Rondo and KCP pick up their player options due to the question mark that is the season, which means they'd all be free agents in 2022. But the Lakers will need to sign guys next year and might not be able be competitive on just 1 year contracts.

I think with the uncertainties over the salary cap, there has never been a more pointless time to do this exercise. There are 10 other teams with even smaller projected 2022 payrolls and not all of them have to max out Davis in the meantime.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#31 » by Suprasc1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:Anthony Davis will be making 37-40 million per year in 2022. That's 80 million for 2 players and we have no idea what the cap is going to be like. All accounts have it plumetting. Lebron will probably be negotiating another multiyear deal and will be 37 years old. His cap hold will still be there regardless of an opt-out. Next year we probably see McGee, Bradley, Rondo and KCP pick up their player options due to the question mark that is the season, which means they'd all be free agents in 2022. But the Lakers will need to sign guys next year and might not be able be competitive on just 1 year contracts.

I think with the uncertainties over the salary cap, there has never been a more pointless time to do this exercise. There are 10 other teams with even smaller projected 2022 payrolls and not all of them have to max out Davis in the meantime.

AD is a free agent in the 2021 season.
All those role players won't have a contract with the lakers for the 2021 season at all.

Only person is LeBron James on the actual payroll.
AD can leave if he wants or stay but that still will leave enough $ for 2 max star players for the lakers in 2021 including LeBron.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,529

Post#32 » by KrAzY3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:04 am

Kawhi has a chance to join the Lakers, he chose not to. Some of these lists make no sense.
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#33 » by Suprasc1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 am

KrAzY3 wrote:Kawhi has a chance to join the Lakers, he chose not to. Some of these lists make no sense.

Maybe because he wanted to try winning a few years being the #1 option for his hometown.
He was very close to playing with the lakers and LeBron but finally decided on the clippers.

I think in the 2021 season the clippers window will be done and joining up with LeBron for a final max contract sounds pretty fun and exciting.

They like each other even people always say the don't. LeBron/Kawhi and older post injury Durant will still be a great big 3 that can still win
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#34 » by Suprasc1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:19 am

Funny how nobody can actually become a "RealGM" and create a full roster with the scenario i posted.

I don't want to see anybody talking bad of any nba GM anymore if you can't even create a winning team with the lakers 2021 payroll
KrAzY3
Starter

Post#35 » by KrAzY3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 am

Suprasc1 wrote:I think in the 2021 season the clippers window will be done and joining up with LeBron for a final max contract sounds pretty fun and exciting.

I like how you think the Clippers will be done, but an old LeBron won't be? Which key member of the Clippers is older than LeBron?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#36 » by giberish » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:45 am

Suprasc1 wrote:Funny how nobody can actually become a "RealGM" and create a full roster with the scenario i posted.

I don't want to see anybody talking bad of any nba GM anymore if you can't even create a winning team with the lakers 2021 payroll

How about becoming a "RealGM" by pointing out that your plan was a bad idea for the Lakers. They can do better operating over the cap (and likely pushing into the luxury tax). Sure it's more expensive for the owners but the Lakers should (and certainly will) use their ability to spend when other teams have tighter budgets to their advantage.

Far more "Real" then planning a fantasy team based on everyone taking paycuts.
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#37 » by Suprasc1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:46 am

KrAzY3 wrote:
Suprasc1 wrote:I think in the 2021 season the clippers window will be done and joining up with LeBron for a final max contract sounds pretty fun and exciting.

I like how you think the Clippers will be done, but an old LeBron won't be? Which key member of the Clippers is older than LeBron?

Kawhi and Paul George bodies are older then LeBrons. Don't focus on age only, that's just a number!

Kawhi will only need more rest and load management and paul george had a major injury and will likely keep declining.

Harrell/zubac will want to get paid.

Make a team please. You can do it! I believe in you
Suprasc1
Senior

Post#38 » by Suprasc1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:49 am

giberish wrote:
Suprasc1 wrote:Funny how nobody can actually become a "RealGM" and create a full roster with the scenario i posted.

How about becoming a "RealGM" by pointing out that your plan was a bad idea for the Lakers. They can do better operating over the cap (and likely pushing into the luxury tax). Sure it's more expensive for the owners but the Lakers should (and certainly will) use their ability to spend when other teams have tighter budgets to their advantage.

Far more "Real" then planning a fantasy team based on everyone taking paycuts.

Only LeBron would potentially take a small paycut.
The other two players would get the max.

If AD stays he gets the max.
Lakers would still be able to get a nice star with the remaining money.

It's not fantasy if the lakers literally game planned with these 2 yr contracts to have nobody but lebron on the roster
KrAzY3
Starter

Post#39 » by KrAzY3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:50 am

Suprasc1 wrote:Make a team please. You can do it! I believe in you

Here's the thing, we've already been through this twice.

Remember talk of CP3, Klay Paul George, etc...
That never happened. It ended up being only LeBron and they didn't make the playoffs.

Then we hear more talk and then things really centered around Leonard. No one of note signed then either.

The Lakers had all the room they needed to sign stars, there were plenty of free agents. The only main addition came via trade and some klutch help. It was a big one, but at this point it's clear superstars are not lining up to play with LeBron. If they didn't want to play with a younger LeBron, why would they all want to play with an older one?

At this point the best case scenario is AD stays and the Lakers continue to get bargain prices on aging role players. That's really the thing that's worked fairly well for LeBron in the past, the ability for his teams to get those sort of deals. Ray Allen, Dwight Howard, etc... So, if I'm a Lakers fan I'm mainly hoping AD stays and then that there's some older ring chasers wanting in on the action.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#40 » by old skool » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:59 am

There are multiple flaws in the supposition of the OP.

Leading the barrage of flawed supposition ia that the Lakers will reach 2021 free agency without any contractual obligations other than James. The very idea is unreasonably absurd. To field a team next season, the Lakers will have to sign free agents. Most free agents will balk at the idea of a one year contract. The Lakers will nit be able to field an NBA team next season if they refuse to sign anyone to a multi-year deal.

Multi- year deals in 2020 obliterate the premise of the OP. For that reason, further discussion is pointless.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Los Angeles Lakers