Bigger freak athlete Lebron or Tysons

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

?

Mike Tyson
35%
Tyson Fury
6%
Lebron James
59%

Total votes: 106

EasternHeretic
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Bigger freak athlete Lebron or Tysons 

Post#1 » by EasternHeretic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:14 am

Who is more of a freak athlete?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Re: Bigger freak athlete Lebron or Tysons 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:44 am

All depends on what you mean be freak athlete. If you're going by the run/jump standard, then it's LeBron. If you're looking at a bigger picture, I'm almost always going to give boxers the advantage. Their conditioning, hand speed, reaction time and so on is truly on another level. So ya really just depends on what you mean by athlete.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,892
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 am

Athleticism is literally just ability to do physical activities, or perform well at different sports and feats?

I would bet LeBron James can win way more sports and feats of athleticism than vice versa with the other two.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#4 » by Dupp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:57 am

Why is Tyson fury in this poll?
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#5 » by Joel Embust » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am

Tyson Fury!
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#6 » by God Squad » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am

Tyson fury has no business in this poll.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#7 » by God Squad » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am

I can see the debate between Mike Tyson and LeBron. Tyson was a compact, quick-twitch pitbull with incredible speed and knockout power. I'm 31 and I've never seen a boxer like him since. Lebron is very different in the sense that if I'm looking at "Major league Sports athletics" then I'll take Lebron because he can excel at basketball, football, and potentially baseball.

F-it I'm going with Iron Mike Tyson.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#8 » by leolozon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:27 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Athleticism is literally just ability to do physical activities, or perform well at different sports and feats?

I would bet LeBron James can win way more sports and feats of athleticism than vice versa with the other two.

Yeah, I don't even understand the question, while Tyson was a better athlete if you look at some specific things... who can even begin to try to make the claim that Tyson is a better athlete overall and if they played 50 different "sports", Tyson would win most of them...

The only way it happens is if they start with boxing, prime Tyson knocks Lebron unconscious, and Lebron can't run/jump/throw anymore. I don't even know if Tyson's pure strength would go well with most throwing events. Lebron would mop the floor with Tyson in the decathlon, that's for sure and then beat him at any team sport. If you think of all the sports in the Olympics, can Tyson even win in 5% of them?

All running = Lebron
All jumping = Lebron
All swimming = Lebron
All team sports = Lebron

Tyson has boxing, probably 1/4 throwing events (shot put, I would take Lebron in Javelin and discus throw)... can he even outwrestle Lebron at 5'10 and 215? Heck, I would take Lebron over Tyson in figure skating.
CumberlandPosey
Pro Prospect
And1: 576

Post#9 » by CumberlandPosey » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:31 pm

the gypsy king of course.on another level truly...
cccmonteiro
Sophomore
And1: 222

Post#10 » by cccmonteiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 pm

No Rodman love for freakest athlete of all-time? Metta World Peace?
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#11 » by michaelm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:30 pm

CumberlandPosey wrote:the gypsy king of course.on another level truly...

I can’t approve of boxing given my profession, a sport where the aim/pinnacle of achievement is to concuss an opponent so badly that he can’t continue, but I think people are underestimating the athleticism including speed, co-ordination and endurance involved in the sport.

Throwing the punches in a boxing match let alone being hit by them is one of the most physically taxing exercises in sport. I happened to see the last Tyson Fury fight because it was on in a pub where I had gone to see a band, and the boxing skills and moves of a guy of his size were remarkable, while he also displayed rather significant punching power as well, having already taken the best punch of his opponent who is reckoned to have a sledgehammer right equivalent to or better than Mike Tyson’s best punch in a previous fight.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#12 » by azuresou1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:05 pm

LeBron is a phenomenal and well-rounded athlete. He is elite on basically every dimension of athleticism that we've seen.

Mike Tyson on the other hand is pretty much the zenith of quick-twitch, explosive athleticism combined with razor sharp reaction time. This is a 53 year old Mike Tyson last month. He is simply on another level when it comes to explosiveness.

He also had phenomenal endurance when you consider the work rate and ferocity of his attack.

In summary I think it's only fair to judge them once we've established the framework of judgment. If it comes within the framework of sporting events, then LeBron is the superior athlete. If it comes within the framework of a survival/life or death situation though, give me Tyson every day.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,940

Post#13 » by Wallace_Wallace » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Tyson Gay could replace Fury in this poll

But give me LeBron James.
Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#14 » by Air Apparent » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:01 pm

mike tyson was carved out of vibranium
basketball is a team sport
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,441

Post#15 » by SichtingLives » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:23 pm

It is difficult to gauge the true athleticism of basketball players strictly from what they do on a basketball court. I consider an elite athlete to be someone who has the coordination and ability to thrive in most or all sports. Basketball requires a very specific skillset that doesn't necessarily translate well to other sports, and given most pro basketball players height and dimensions, their body type doesn't lend well to every sport either. In general it's easier to be a more well rounded athlete at 6 feet than 6'8", most sports are better suited towards a more compact, proportional build. Lebron and both Tysons are insanely athletic. But I have to say between the three, for Tyson Fury to be able to move the way he does and have the stamina he does at his size is probably the rarest. Would I say he's a better pure athlete than Mike or Lebron, probably not. But only because he looks kind of awkward, maybe he is. These are hard things to know. But bigger "freak" athlete, for sure.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,413

Post#16 » by infinite11285 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 pm

azuresou1 wrote:LeBron is a phenomenal and well-rounded athlete. He is elite on basically every dimension of athleticism that we've seen.

Mike Tyson on the other hand is pretty much the zenith of quick-twitch, explosive athleticism combined with razor sharp reaction time. This is a 53 year old Mike Tyson last month. He is simply on another level when it comes to explosiveness.

He also had phenomenal endurance when you consider the work rate and ferocity of his attack.

In summary I think it's only fair to judge them once we've established the framework of judgment. If it comes within the framework of sporting events, then LeBron is the superior athlete. If it comes within the framework of a survival/life or death situation though, give me Tyson every day.

I REALLY hope Roy Jones Jr thinks this through and drops out of his scheduled fight with Mike.

Anyway, I'll say it's a wash between Mike and LeBron. They're both extremely athletic; albeit both in their own respective functions and professions.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,577

Post#17 » by Kingdibs19 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:44 pm

As others have mentioned, Lebron is most likely better in every team sport there is (football, baseball, soccer etc)

And if you look at the Olympics, Lebron is likely better in at least 90% of the options (Running, Decathlon, Gymnastics, etc)

I can’t see how Tyson is the better athlete.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,868

Post#18 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:02 pm

LeBron is like a giant version of Mike Tyson. They just train a bit differently leading to different results.
EasternHeretic
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#19 » by EasternHeretic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:41 am

Kingdibs19 wrote:As others have mentioned, Lebron is most likely better in every team sport there is (football, baseball, soccer etc)

And if you look at the Olympics, Lebron is likely better in at least 90% of the options (Running, Decathlon, Gymnastics, etc)

I can’t see how Tyson is the better athlete.

Gymnastics?
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#20 » by Cavsfansince84 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:14 am

cccmonteiro wrote:No Rodman love for freakest athlete of all-time? Metta World Peace?

Rodman just got destroyed on here in a poll of who is a better athlete between him and prime Shawn Kemp.

Return to The General Board