ImageImageImageImage

NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 3: Denver Nuggets v. Orlando Magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Re: NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 3: Denver Nuggets v. Orlando Magic 

Post#261 » by Skybox » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:11 pm

I've defended Vuc and Evan and DJ many times. They are the best shot we've had to compete for years...IMO, we're at the point where our developing assets are poised to surpass (at least the upside of) our existing best players IF the game plan is tailored to their strengths. You want to play PnR and score 85ppg, hold steady...we've seen glimpses of what a fast paced, Fultz-led, ball movement offense can do in spurts. We've seen how AG looks in that flow(great) vs being asked to create while others camp out (ugly). If Fultz can shoot even a little bit better, I'm all in for regime change...and I'm really looking forward to seeing what a full season of Isaac and Okeke looks like with Fultz too. Look at the prototype WeHam seeks...long, switchy, athletic, fast...they're going another direction (gear?) and I'm excited to see it, even if we have to take a little step back in the transition...The way they've played suits Evan and DJ and makes AG and Markelle look like fish trying to climb a tree. The way I hope they play doesn't. I think Isaac and possibly Vuc can adapt, we'll see. I don't think they drafted Bamba by accident...he just needs to get his legs under him.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#262 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:16 pm

The only good thing to happen in 2020 was we got to play a few games without Evan.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#263 » by zaymon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm

j-ragg wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I just think fans here are soo desperate for star players they just try to create them from what we have.

Fans are tired of seeing the same lackluster product lead us every year

At least we got #1 in the NBA continuity rankings though! As an eastern conf 8th seed, can’t afford to tear down this juggernaut.

Smaller markets like Orlando need to develop their own stars... like we try to do with Isaac and Fultz. If we didnt had them i would be all in on trading veterans, but luckily we have. People act like we have only Gordon, Fournier and Vucevic which is far from truth. People are spoiled by Orlando success over the years, they didnt know how real rebuild looks like until now.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#264 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:29 pm

zaymon wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I just think fans here are soo desperate for star players they just try to create them from what we have.

Fans are tired of seeing the same lackluster product lead us every year

At least we got #1 in the NBA continuity rankings though! As an eastern conf 8th seed, can’t afford to tear down this juggernaut.

Smaller markets like Orlando need to develop their own stars... like we try to do with Isaac and Fultz. If we didnt had them i would be all in on trading veterans, but luckily we have. People act like we have only Gordon, Fournier and Vucevic which is far from truth. People are spoiled by Orlando success over the years, they didnt know how real rebuild looks like until now.

I remember arguing with these same folks about why we shouldn't trade Howard and blow up that team back in the day. I even posted here in 2010 that we will end up being losers for the next decade. Then, those posters started saying Henny will turn around in 2-4 years. ya right. If we look at other teams, nobody turns their team around that quickly.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#265 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:16 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
zaymon wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Fans are tired of seeing the same lackluster product lead us every year

I remember arguing with these same folks about why we shouldn't trade Howard and blow up that team back in the day. I even posted here in 2010 that we will end up being losers for the next decade. Then, those posters started saying Henny will turn around in 2-4 years. ya right. If we look at other teams, nobody turns their team around that quickly.

Thing is though... if we didnt rrade Dwight he was gonna leave us for nothing in a year or 2 no?

I mean I personally hated that we traded Tmac and Dwight but if the alternative was to lose them for nothing...

Return to Orlando Magic