Political Roundtable Part XXVIII

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1681 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:38 pm

And if Gohmert hadn't been tested - he was going to meet with Trump the next day - and could very well have passed it on to Trump - who could very well have died - given Trump's age and probably being near diabetic.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#1682 » by dobrojim » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:38 pm

Thankfully he has no authority to delay the election.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#1683 » by dobrojim » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Ruzious wrote:And if Gohmert hadn't been tested - he was going to meet with Trump the next day - and could very well have passed it on to Trump - who could very well have died - given Trump's age and probably being near diabetic.

My understanding, the whole reason he got tested was he was going to get a freebie ride
home on AirForce1 with tRump. So he had to get tested before that could happen.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,152

Post#1684 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Former Presidential Candidate Herman Cain died of coronavirus after contracting it at Trump's rally in Tulsa

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1685 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:21 pm

dobrojim wrote:
Ruzious wrote:And if Gohmert hadn't been tested - he was going to meet with Trump the next day - and could very well have passed it on to Trump - who could very well have died - given Trump's age and probably being near diabetic.

My understanding, the whole reason he got tested was he was going to get a freebie ride

Mine as well. And I'm sure if rules like that were up to Trump, Gohmert would not have been tested.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1686 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1687 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Former Presidential Candidate Herman Cain died of coronavirus after contracting it at Trump's rally in Tulsa

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar

Next question to Trump should be - "Knowing you contributed to Cain's death, would you have done anything differently?"

Trump's likely answer: "Pizza pizza".
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1688 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

Mine as well. And I'm sure if rules like that were up to Trump, Gohmert would not have been tested.

This is incredibly stupid. The tests are not 100% accurate. Even if you test everyone who comes into contact with the POTUS, you might get a false negative and let a carrier through. Incredibly irresponsible. Secret service should put him in the bunker and refuse to allow any person to person contact.

And take away his phone. Full of germs.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1689 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#1690 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:41 pm

right leaning poll shows that biden leads trump in florida by 4 points, within the 4 point margin of error. that's not the brow-raising part. what is stark is that it shows that Biden has 91% of the black vote and 60% of the hispanic vote, and despite those massive leads, still only holds a 4% lead. that's what it means to be a minority in this country.
Bullets -> Wizards
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Post#1691 » by Doug_Blew » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Former Presidential Candidate Herman Cain died of coronavirus after contracting it at Trump's rally in Tulsa

Caine couldn't have gotten the virus at the Trump rally. He signed the waiver.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#1692 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Libs! The muggles are on to us!
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,631

Post#1693 » by Pointgod » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:55 pm

RIP Hermain Cain. Sadly I don’t think Republicans will wake up and take the coronavirus seriously. Trump doesn’t care he would gladly sacrifice a million Herman Cains for his ego. Fate usually wins.

Read on Twitter
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#1694 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Doug_Blew wrote:

Caine couldn't have gotten the virus at the Trump rally. He signed the waiver.

Sacrificed at the alter of Trump.

Thoughts and prayers.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1695 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1696 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Read on Twitter

So... she's outraged that she's healthy. Ok......
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1697 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:53 pm

I've been trying to figure out why I've been seething with rage recently. Like, I can barely tweet because everything comes out "I WANT TRUMP TO DIE IN A FIRE I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF WITH MY HANDS" instead of my normal snarkiness.

I think it's because I tweeted out, in May, that you don't get to choose whether to address the pandemic or open the economy. You spend $4 trillion closing the economy for two months so that you don't have to CLOSE THE ECONOMY AGAIN SIX MONTHS LATER AND LOSE ANOTHER $4 TRILLION.

Had they asked ANY REAL ECONOMIST they would have gotten the same answer, no matter who it was - the economy will recover quickly, yes, ONCE YOU GET CONTROL OF THE VIRUS.

I just don't understand the GOP strategy here. Surely all these rich aholes must be able to afford the best advice. Who is the IDIOT ADVISOR who told them it would be a good idea to pretend covid was a Democrat hoax?

Now the country is $4 trillion in the hole with NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. And we have to survive 6 more MONTHS OF THIS STUPIDITY.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1698 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm

wait, let me do the math again - GDP is $20 trillion, we lost 10%... $2 trillion. Sorry I had it right at first and then was like no wait $4 trillion
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#1699 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Read on Twitter

So... she's outraged that she's healthy. Ok......

And also upset because (and this is the real vile undertone here) more libs aren't dying.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#1700 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:I've been trying to figure out why I've been seething with rage recently. Like, I can barely tweet because everything comes out "I WANT TRUMP TO DIE IN A FIRE I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF WITH MY HANDS" instead of my normal snarkiness.

I think it's because I tweeted out, in May, that you don't get to choose whether to address the pandemic or open the economy. You spend $4 trillion closing the economy for two months so that you don't have to CLOSE THE ECONOMY AGAIN SIX MONTHS LATER AND LOSE ANOTHER $4 TRILLION.

Had they asked ANY REAL ECONOMIST they would have gotten the same answer, no matter who it was - the economy will recover quickly, yes, ONCE YOU GET CONTROL OF THE VIRUS.

I just don't understand the GOP strategy here. Surely all these rich aholes must be able to afford the best advice. Who is the IDIOT ADVISOR who told them it would be a good idea to pretend covid was a Democrat hoax?

Now the country is $4 trillion in the hole with NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. And we have to survive 6 more MONTHS OF THIS STUPIDITY.

And as is the custom now, we will need another Democratic president to dig us out of the mess another Republican left us with.

Return to Washington Wizards