ImageImageImageImageImage

How lucky are we to have this dude on our team? (Terence Davis)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,266

Re: How lucky are we to have this dude on our team? (Terence Davis) 

Post#81 » by ruckus » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:14 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
He's still university educated and as an elite athlete has daily access to top tier medical/scientific knowledge. Do you really think he's kept these thoughts to himself all this time until now?

Probably not, but those thoughts can still change. He hasn't been very vocal about it this year, at least in interviews or social media.

Everyone's thoughts can change, though. I'm just saying it's not like he hasn't had an opportunity to consider the facts. I think more than anything he's probably one of many in the pro ranks.

I think Dame shared something similar and quickly took it down. I have a feeling that there are more "Kyries" in the NBA than what we realize which is a really scary and sobering thought.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,167

Post#82 » by niQ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:57 pm

lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Post#83 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:07 pm

omar36 wrote:
Mythical Rex wrote:Unfortunately he is sharing on his social media through Instagram. Has the sketchy doctor who claims sex with aliens and demons is root cause of problems... Kinda scared for him and would like to have him learn more about vaccines so less pseudoscience spread.

best part is she believes that vaccines real purpose is to drive ppl away from religion. the right is just eatign it up . even trump reposteed it lol, cant wati for his defnders to spin this

i have to assume that the Raps medical and PR staffs will have an extended sit down with TD very soon. it would be interesting to be in on that conversation. wonder how they will approach it. I'd start by asking "why do you believe that vaccines are harmful?" then i'd take him through the history of a few diseases like Smallpox and Polio and show him the pictures and stats. there are no doubt a lot of ways to educate someone about this stuff - even while acknowledging the realities of the dark sides of science.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#84 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 pm

ruckus wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Probably not, but those thoughts can still change. He hasn't been very vocal about it this year, at least in interviews or social media.

Everyone's thoughts can change, though. I'm just saying it's not like he hasn't had an opportunity to consider the facts. I think more than anything he's probably one of many in the pro ranks.

I think Dame shared something similar and quickly took it down. I have a feeling that there are more "Kyries" in the NBA than what we realize which is a really scary and sobering thought.

You'd think the NBA or PA would get involved before there's too many antennae on these tinfoil helmets.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#85 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:46 pm

ruckus wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

I probably know just as many Kyrie's as non-Kyries IRL too.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#86 » by omar36 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:27 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:
omar36 wrote:
Mythical Rex wrote:Unfortunately he is sharing on his social media through Instagram. Has the sketchy doctor who claims sex with aliens and demons is root cause of problems... Kinda scared for him and would like to have him learn more about vaccines so less pseudoscience spread.

best part is she believes that vaccines real purpose is to drive ppl away from religion. the right is just eatign it up . even trump reposteed it lol, cant wati for his defnders to spin this

i have to assume that the Raps medical and PR staffs will have an extended sit down with TD very soon. it would be interesting to be in on that conversation. wonder how they will approach it. I'd start by asking "why do you believe that vaccines are harmful?" then i'd take him through the history of a few diseases like Smallpox and Polio and show him the pictures and stats. there are no doubt a lot of ways to educate someone about this stuff - even while acknowledging the realities of the dark sides of science.

heres hoping man. I have a few friends on FB that posted this stufff, one friend even wrote he trsuts her over the pedophile bill gates lmao. its crazy how prevlant it is. its like they have this werid need to look like they figured out something while no one has. straight up they think they are the neo of the world lol, shame its happening in 2020 and it will continue especially when the president of the united states believes this group over his highly educated data backed team lmao

cant wait to see trump fans try to defend this
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#87 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:52 am

omar36 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
omar36 wrote:

heres hoping man. I have a few friends on FB that posted this stufff, one friend even wrote he trsuts her over the pedophile bill gates lmao. its crazy how prevlant it is. its like they have this werid need to look like they figured out something while no one has. straight up they think they are the neo of the world lol, shame its happening in 2020 and it will continue especially when the president of the united states believes this group over his highly educated data backed team lmao

cant wait to see trump fans try to defend this

The Bill Gates vaccine conspiracy is a hit with all my neighbours right now.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#88 » by RaptorsJunkie » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 am

The vaccine being developed is not a normal vaccine though, it's designed to reprogram your DNA.

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,190

Post#89 » by Kahn_2001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:30 am

I think it's good that people are questioning things, do people not know about the medical tests done on people in 3rd world countries?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
credit: TurboZone
lobosloboslobos
RealGM

Post#90 » by lobosloboslobos » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Kahn_2001 wrote:I think it's good that people are questioning things, do people not know about the medical tests done on people in 3rd world countries?

asking critical questions is good. the thing is you also have to use critical thinking to weigh the answers, and be open to them not being what you want them to be. it's easy to believe the world is divided between good and bad people. much harder to accept that we are all filled with contrary tendencies and lots of things are both good and bad, sometimes helpful and sometimes harmful, like science and modern medicine. Lots of examples of abuse, misuse, exploitation and terrible human costs. Lots of examples of humility, heroism, millions of individual lives saved and bettered, including yours and mine and everyone you know, who now can get drugs to treat illnesses, surgeries to treat injuries, vaccines to prevent illnesses, and a lot more. lots of good, lots of bad. but people just want to write things off and make themselves the victims/heroes instead of accepting that almost everything in the world is more complicated than that, including people, and that easy conspiracies that claim to lay all the responsibility for the world's ills at the feet of a few bad guys are just delusions intended to reduce your own responsibility to your self and to others to actually do the hard work in the grey areas of life to make things better.

(not actually meaning you when i say you)
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#91 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Asking questions is good. Conspiracy theorists don't ask enough questions, though.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#92 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm

I read a lot about Kennedy assassination/Watergate conspiracy theories in my youth. Finally I read one about Watergate that was like a deconstruction of the idea of conspiracy theories. Ultimately, the dark corridors of power are unknowable to the likes of us. There is no objective reality to get to the bottom of. It induced me to gave up and simply live life and vote and pay taxes ... like the sheeple I am. But the journey was still worthwhile.

With our two kids, I was shocked at the amount of vaccines they wanted to pump into them at such a young age. I had mumps and measles as a kid, and it was considered a rite of passage back then. But we finally opted for a slowed down schedule, and even added an extra meningitis vaccine (for extra cost) given the downside risk.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#93 » by SFour » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm

I hope people realize that the majority of NBA players will be against vaccination....it's not just TD, I bet there's at least 5 more players on the Raptors alone that would agree with TD's view on healthy dieting, exercising, and other forms of micronutrients supplementation to keep the immune system strong as a way to lessen the symptoms in case the coronavirus is contracted.

NBA players have for sure noticed that the majority of their fellow NBA players that have tested positive for the coronavirus exhibited no symptoms or very mild symptoms, they will be led to believe that the coronavirus is not as harmful to elite athletes and therefore they don't need a vaccine.

It will take the NBA mandating vaccination for the 2020-21 season for players to take it, and if that does happen I can see some players being publicly against it which would start controversy.
G_Misconduct
Senior
And1: 946

Post#94 » by G_Misconduct » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Kahn_2001 wrote:I think it's good that people are questioning things, do people not know about the medical tests done on people in 3rd world countries?

Or the Tuskegee syphilis experiments that only ended just before most of our lifetime in the US! I trust medical science fully but I can totally appreciate anyone being skeptical, especially POC in America given the well documented relatively recent history
lobosloboslobos
RealGM

Post#95 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:46 am

SFour wrote:I hope people realize that the majority of NBA players will be against vaccination....it's not just TD, I bet there's at least 5 more players on the Raptors alone that would agree with TD's view on healthy dieting, exercising, and other forms of micronutrients supplementation to keep the immune system strong as a way to lessen the symptoms in case the coronavirus is contracted.

there is zero doubt that especially in america there is a profoundly toxic food culture (sugar, fast food, processed food, deep fried mars bars, supersize, etc.) and my impression that it is especially bad in the black community (poverty is typically a cause of poor diets but not the only reason). so it is totally fair to denounce that. but you can promote healthy eating and living without demonizing vaccines which also contribute greatly to good health. I was just reading that 30% of the people who got smallpox died from it and that globally more people died from it in the 20th century than all the wars combined. sheesh. can't really argue against that.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#96 » by Senbonzakura » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:22 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
SFour wrote:I hope people realize that the majority of NBA players will be against vaccination....it's not just TD, I bet there's at least 5 more players on the Raptors alone that would agree with TD's view on healthy dieting, exercising, and other forms of micronutrients supplementation to keep the immune system strong as a way to lessen the symptoms in case the coronavirus is contracted.

there is zero doubt that especially in america there is a profoundly toxic food culture (sugar, fast food, processed food, deep fried mars bars, supersize, etc.) and my impression that it is especially bad in the black community (poverty is typically a cause of poor diets but not the only reason). so it is totally fair to denounce that. but you can promote healthy eating and living without demonizing vaccines which also contribute greatly to good health. I was just reading that 30% of the people who got smallpox died from it and that globally more people died from it in the 20th century than all the wars combined. sheesh. can't really argue against that.

Exactly why not do both...?

Eat healthy, exercise AND get vaccinated. That way you're protected from the diseases we know about and have vaccines from, and also more resistant to new diseases that may come about later that we don't yet know about.

Additionally what would help in the US is free healthcare but that's a whole other point of debate. People there seem to think it makes sense for you to die of illnesses because you're poor.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#97 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:

Exactly why not do both...?

Eat healthy, exercise AND get vaccinated. That way you're protected from the diseases we know about and have vaccines from, and also more resistant to new diseases that may come about later that we don't yet know about.

Additionally what would help in the US is free healthcare but that's a whole other point of debate. People there seem to think it makes sense for you to die of illnesses because you're poor.

People need to be able to die. That's freedom. If the healthcare system saves your life, you're just a slave to big government.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#98 » by Psubs » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:54 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:People need to be able to die. That's freedom. If the healthcare system saves your life, you're just a slave to big government.

Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,446

Post#99 » by Birth of the Cool » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:51 am

Terence Davis making a "statement" by wearing his mandated mask with a hole in it...

https://i.imgur.com/uOquktp.png

not sure if this will work lol

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#100 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:10 am

Birth of the Cool wrote:Terence Davis making a "statement" by wearing his mandated mask with a hole in it...

https://i.imgur.com/uOquktp.png

not sure if this will work lol

Used to love this kid, but his immaturity recently is showing me more and more why he was undrafted.

Return to Toronto Raptors