Vucci Mane: Coming to a town near you!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Vucci Mane: Coming to a town near you! 

Post#1 » by Skin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:26 pm

The Magic don't need much... and they don't deserve much. But how in the world can they find a way to trade Nikola Vucevic. After this season he will have 3 years left on his deal. He'll be 31 years old at the end of it.

2020-21: $26M
2021-22: $24M
2022-23: $22M

That's not entirely bad. So what are some options out there? Any takers??? :D :D :D
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: Vucci Mane: Coming to a town near you! 

Post#2 » by scottyg » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm

I like him and Gordon on the bulls

Bulls get
- Vucevic
- Aaron Gordon

Magic get-
- Otto Porter
- Tomas Satoransky
- Felicios exp contract
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,735

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm

A+ thread title.

Vuc doesn’t really fit what GS is looking for at C though
Skin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Skin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 pm

scottyg wrote:I like him and Gordon on the bulls

Bulls get
- Vucevic
- Aaron Gordon

Magic get-
- Otto Porter
- Tomas Satoransky
- Felicios exp contract

If we're adding Gordon is there a way to get Lavine instead of Porter?
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#5 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 pm

The sad reality is realistically Vucevic will be the last player to be moved on the Magic.

Bamba isn't even close to providing meaningful minutes off the bench let alone starting so any trade involving Vucevic would have to return a starting caliber center.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't be open to dealing Vucevic but as currently constructed he plays a pivotal role in our offense.

I still like the premise of shipping him to Utah.

Something like

Nikola Vucevic
Aaron Gordon

for

Rudy Gobert
Bojan Bogdanovic

I drool thinking about pairing Gobert with Isaac
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#6 » by Skybox » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Skin wrote:
scottyg wrote:I like him and Gordon on the bulls

Bulls get
- Vucevic
- Aaron Gordon

Magic get-
- Otto Porter
- Tomas Satoransky
- Felicios exp contract

If we're adding Gordon is there a way to get Lavine instead of Porter?

Lavine has to be there...OPJ version is nuts unless you really think Vuc is a salary dump. He's not.

I'd like to move him but it's not that desperate. His age vs contract doesn't really matter. He is what he is and his freakish athleticism diminishing is not a big concern. He's fundamentally sound, skilled and smart. A walking double double who scores inside and out, passes very well and defensive rebounds at an elite level. But, IMO, ORL needs to runnnnnn and that's not him (just the rest of the roster). He's the best player on ORL and, if the fit is right, he's very good on a lot of other teams too. Vuc is what CHI hopes WCJ could maybe someday be.
Skin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Skin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:00 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:The sad reality is realistically Vucevic will be the last player to be moved on the Magic.

Bamba isn't even close to providing meaningful minutes off the bench let alone starting so any trade involving Vucevic would have to return a starting caliber center.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't be open to dealing Vucevic but as currently constructed he plays a pivotal role in our offense.

Something like

Nikola Vucevic
Aaron Gordon

for

Rudy Gobert
Bojan Bogdanovic

Getting Gobert would be unnecessary. You have a short sighted view of Bamba, who hasn't even begun to scratch his surface. He just added the weight he needed to in only his second year and the Magic have not given him ample playing time for you to make that judgement of him. Gobert was not Gobert as you know him in his second year.... but even then, Utah gave him 26 mpg. If the Magic gave Bamba those kinds of minutes, he would've put up the same kind of numbers (plus a 3pt shot). Their PER36 numbers in year 2 are very much alike.

Magic need high level scoring and spacing.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#8 » by NotACat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:The sad reality is realistically Vucevic will be the last player to be moved on the Magic.

Something like

Nikola Vucevic
Aaron Gordon

for

Rudy Gobert
Bojan Bogdanovic

Gobert is expiring, wouldn't he get an extension costing Orlando even more money than Vuc?
Black Lives Matter
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#9 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:50 pm

Nikola Vucevic
Aaron Gordon

for

Rudy Gobert
Bojan Bogdanovic

I dont think this is remotely close for Utah. There is argument that they are sending the two best assets in the deal, and #15 doesnt bridge that gulf.

I honestly dont really see any fits around the league for Vuc right now. The Celtics could use him, but he simply cost too much for anything feasible.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#10 » by scottyg » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:45 am

The trade was supposed to have Wendall Carter jr goin to the magic,

Porter + Carter jr. + Satoransky

For

Vuc + Gordon
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#11 » by NotACat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:39 pm

scottyg wrote:The trade was supposed to have Wendall Carter jr goin to the magic,

For

Vuc + Gordon

Why would Orlando want WCJ? They passed on him to select Mo Bamba
Black Lives Matter
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#12 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm

I think Vuc is one of those players thats significantly more valuable to Orlando than he is to other teams. Said another way, I dont think he nets much at all in a trade and at that point they should just keep him.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#13 » by BullyKing » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Nikola Vucevic
Aaron Gordon

for

Rudy Gobert
Bojan Bogdanovic

I dont think this is remotely close for Utah. There is argument that they are sending the two best assets in the deal, and #15 doesnt bridge that gulf.

I honestly dont really see any fits around the league for Vuc right now. The Celtics could use him, but he simply cost too much for anything feasible.

It's nowhere close to realistic.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#14 » by patman66 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 pm

scottyg wrote:The trade was supposed to have Wendall Carter jr goin to the magic,

For

Vuc + Gordon

How does Gordon fit on the bulls? Will Markkanen be the backup? I think Lavine, Sato and Young to the magic is better.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#15 » by BadWolf » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Swap WCJ with 7th pick in that Bulls deal.

Bulls try to make playoffs with
White, Lavine,?, Gordon, vooch.
Magic take a step back and retool around Isaac with better fitting pieces.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#16 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:48 pm

Sad reality is that Vuc's game doesn't move the needle for anyone and Magic paid him like an all star type player. Vuc will be in Orlando his whole contract unless he get's dumped in the last year.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#17 » by Bakomagic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:54 pm

patman66 wrote:

For

Vuc + Gordon

How does Gordon fit on the bulls? Will Markkanen be the backup? I think Lavine, Sato and Young to the magic is better.

Gordon is a good SF or PF defender, elite athlete, who is a capable ball handler, good passer and good slashing finisher.

What type of skills should player posses to fit well next to Lauri ?
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Post#18 » by lordjeff05 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:14 pm

The trade im gonna propose will make my fellow Pels players mad.

Vuc and Gordon to NOLA
Holiday and Redick to BK
Caris, Taurean to Orlando.

Might need to have JJ go to another team instead because the contracts don’t work right now but the idea is that Jrue and JJ would be sent to contenders.

It’s funny, every day I grow more respect for Jrue as a player and less belief that he is a fit for the Pels. He’s a better player than Vuc but he’s less consistent and Vuc provides floor spacing. Gordon would play as a super sub that closes out games at the 5. Both would have to change their game a litte with Vuc continuing to focus on the 3’s when he is out there with Ingram and Zion together.

Right now the Pelicans are too inconsistent and they can’t close. Trading Holiday firms up the pecking order and it provides a player in Gordon who can affect winning by both locking up the best opposing wing and switch from the 5 spot.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#19 » by j-ragg » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:19 pm

I'd trade him for expirings if possible. I don't think there's another team that desperate for mediocre center-led offense though.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,697

Post#20 » by Viper1500 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:20 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Sad reality is that Vuc's game doesn't move the needle for anyone and Magic paid him like an all star type player. Vuc will be in Orlando his whole contract unless he get's dumped in the last year.

This Magic fan is completely fine with that. He is our more consistent player and it isn't even close.

Return to Trades and Transactions