ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1201 » by Richard4444 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:09 am

knickstape4ever wrote:Can we find a way to get Malik Beasley? I know he's a RFA, but how much is Minnesota willing to pay? he'd be a great fit here, and he's still young (23), so he fits the timeline

We could sign and trade for him. I dont know how deep the pockets Wolves are. They actually can be sold any time.

They already owe 95M to next season. They have to re-sign Malik, Juancho and 2 FRP picks. They want to bring Campazzo too. The payroll could reach 130M.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#1202 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:06 am

Richard4444 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:Can we find a way to get Malik Beasley? I know he's a RFA, but how much is Minnesota willing to pay? he'd be a great fit here, and he's still young (23), so he fits the timeline

We could sign and trade for him. I dont know how deep the pockets Wolves are. They actually can be sold any time.

They already owe 95M to next season. They have to re-sign Malik, Juancho and 2 FRP picks. They want to bring Campazzo too. The payroll could reach 130M.

Give us Juancho.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,959

Post#1203 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Richard4444 wrote:

Not worth. There are better players we can go for that aren't RFA. Unless we can get Ingram or someone
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1204 » by sol537 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Gimme Jerami Grant & FVV and watch us improve by 18+ wins.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1205 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Richard4444 wrote:

Not worth. There are better players we can go for that aren't RFA. Unless we can get Ingram or someone
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1206 » by Richard4444 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

Malik averaged 21 points in 47/43/75 during his 14 Wolves games. (8,2 3pt attempts/game). And he is only 23 years old.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1207 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

Malik averaged 21 points in 47/43/75 during his 14 Wolves games. (8,2 3pt attempts/game). And he is only 23 years old.

It was a good sign, no doubt. We still have to factor in what it would take to get the Wolves to give him up, and the other options around. I think if we really wanted him, the time to get him was around the trade deadline.
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,867

Post#1208 » by GettinitDone » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Let's get Lonnie Walker from Spurs. I think he's starting to come to his own and is gonna be an All Star. He can be better than Jaylen Brown.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1209 » by Richard4444 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:57 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

It was a good sign, no doubt. We still have to factor in what it would take to get the Wolves to give him up, and the other options around. I think if we really wanted him, the time to get him was around the trade deadline.

In trade deadline, you would have to give assets to Denver.

3 things that could give Wolves buyers remorse:

1) Malik over-performed. He is now due to a higher salary.

2) Pandemic could lower salary cap and reduce expected revenue making Wolves try to save money.

3) They could pick a great SG in the draft.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1210 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:18 am

Richard4444 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

2) Pandemic could lower salary cap and reduce expected revenue making Wolves try to save money.

I think reason 1 actually might be a reason why they'd keep him. Or if you think he over-performed, then we should probably not sign him. Reason #2 is valid, but we might need to poisonpill. And yea, I mean, if they get Edwards or something (which probably would happen, considering our luck) then yea...

It's all in the contract, I guess. Even THJ would have been good for the Knicks if he had been signed to a reasonable contract.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1211 » by Richard4444 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:48 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

I think reason 1 actually might be a reason why they'd keep him. Or if you think he over-performed, then we should probably not sign him. Reason #2 is valid, but we might need to poisonpill. And yea, I mean, if they get Edwards or something (which probably would happen, considering our luck) then yea...

It's all in the contract, I guess. Even THJ would have been good for the Knicks if he had been signed to a reasonable contract.

About reason 1, i dont know If they have the money to re-sign Malik now and also re-sign Juancho, top8 pick, 15th pick and MLE Guy. They would spend like 140M payroll and probably some luxury taxes.

Before they thought that Malik was due to a 10-13M contract. After his 14 games, he can ask for 15-20M.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1212 » by BowlRips » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:58 pm

On his latest pod, Macri bet Jeremy Cohen that the Knicks will trade for CP3 :o :nod:
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1213 » by Richard4444 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:56 pm

BowlRips wrote:On his latest pod, Macri bet Jeremy Cohen that the Knicks will trade for CP3 :o :nod:

I think its kind of obvious we will try to bring him next year. But his price is the most difficult thing to calculate in the NBA. At the same time, he is playing like an all-star, he is an injury away from retirement.

His contract demands a really high salary cap hit (40% of the salary cap). But we all know the salary cap is not an asset if it's used wrongly (with Randle, Portis, Wayne, and Taj, for example).

I already saw Knicks fans willing to deal this year Top10 pick to grab him. At the same time, there are OKC fans willing to invest FRPs to get rid of his contract.

I think CP3 has no intrinsic value. It all depends of what is the team"s plan of action. If OKC wants to rush the rebuilding and tanking next year, get rid of CP3 contract and give up Gallo might be very crucial. Also, it would be interesting for OKC to get rid of CP3 to build a team with more depth without overspending due to the revenue drop (Keeping Galo, Noel, bringing Dragic, Crowder, some bargain like Josh Jackson or Trier and still be saving like 20M).

But if OKC think his leadership and experience are important for the team and they bet they could flip his contract for great assets in the future, they might have no rush to move CP3 without a great offer at the table.

I accept CP3 trade but I dont want to overpay to grab him.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1214 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:59 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:On his latest pod, Macri bet Jeremy Cohen that the Knicks will trade for CP3 :o :nod:

I think its kind of obvious we will try to bring him next year. But his price is the most difficult thing to calculate in the NBA. At the same time, he is playing like an all-star, he is an injury away from retirement.

His contract demands a really high salary cap hit (40% of the salary cap). But we all know the salary cap is not an asset if it's used wrongly (with Randle, Portis, Wayne, and Taj, for example).

I already saw Knicks fans willing to deal this year Top10 pick to grab him. At the same time, there are OKC fans willing to invest FRPs to get rid of his contract.

I think CP3 has no intrinsic value. It all depends of what is the team"s plan of action. If OKC wants to rush the rebuilding and tanking next year, get rid of CP3 contract and give up Gallo might be very crucial. Also, it would be interesting for OKC to get rid of CP3 to build a team with more depth without overspending due to the revenue drop (Keeping Galo, Noel, bringing Dragic, Crowder, some bargain like Josh Jackson or Trier and still be saving like 20M).

But if OKC think his leadership and experience are important for the team and they bet they could flip his contract for great assets in the future, they might have no rush to move CP3 without a great offer in the table.

The last thing you want in my opinion is a disgruntled CP3. Even with our draft picks and CP3,we are most likely not making the playoffs next year. CP3 is one of the most competitive players. He will not take losing well. I understand he would be a great mentor for our youth. But if he doesnt want to assume that role. I don't want him any where near this team. The drama would outweigh the positives.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1215 » by Richard4444 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:15 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

But if OKC think his leadership and experience are important for the team and they bet they could flip his contract for great assets in the future, they might have no rush to move CP3 without a great offer in the table.

The last thing you want in my opinion is a disgruntled CP3. Even with our draft picks and CP3,we are most likely not making the playoffs next year. CP3 is one of the most competitive players. He will not take losing well. I understand he would be a great mentor for our youth. But if he doesnt want to assume that role. I don't want him any where near this team. The drama would outweigh the positives.

I am worried about that competitive mind of him. He could push to trade for stars in a short term approach and deflect the roster of any youth talent. Also, Thibs may overuse him, increasing the odds of injuries. Especially in a condensed 2021 schedule.

I would rather dont trade for him. But I am trying to make peace with this possibility.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#1216 » by Esq-4 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:16 am

Richard4444 wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

I am worried about that competitive mind of him. He could push to trade for stars in a short term approach and deflect the roster of any youth talent. Also, Thibs may overuse him, increasing the odds of injuries. Especially in a condensed 2021 schedule.

I would rather dont trade for him. But I am trying to make peace with this possibility.

If CP3 is brought in, I don't think it's just his competitive nature that will result in bringing in other vets. That move alone would signal win-now (be a playoff team, really, since contender is too big a leap). I would expect to also see either Gallo, Love and/or Melo too, for example, for better or worse. My hope would be that it just wouldn't be at the cost of long term guys (RJ, Mitch, high picks).
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#1217 » by Richard4444 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:29 am

Esq-4 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:

If CP3 is brought in, I don't think it's just his competitive nature that will result in bringing in other vets. That move alone would signal win-now (be a playoff team, really, since contender is too big a leap). I would expect to also see either Gallo, Love and/or Melo too, for example, for better or worse. My hope would be that it just wouldn't be at the cost of long term guys (RJ, Mitch, high picks).

I dont mind try to win next season (although know we are going to lose a great draft pick in a juicy year). We can bring Gallo, Melo and Love (although they will not move the needle very much, especially Melo and Love). Because they will not cost much. That is trying to compete and not losing on purpose.

I really would not like if we try to move all our assets (RJ, Mitch and high picks) for borderlines stars over 30 that will make Knicks a treadmill team.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,425

Post#1218 » by Knick4Real » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:40 pm

I'd rather take a chance on DJ Augustin than CP3.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,004

Post#1219 » by Reign23 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:56 pm

Knick4Real wrote:I'd rather take a chance on DJ Augustin than CP3.

really?
formerly known as knickst4pe
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1220 » by BowlRips » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:00 pm

lol at people scoffing at the impact CP3 could have...

Do you see this years Thunder team? Based on their roster, everyone thought they would have no chance to compete for the playoffs.
CP3 elevated the teams to play to the point where they are one of the best teams in the Western Conference.
I don't want to make predictions, but bringing in CP3 and maybe his cohort Gallo could have a tremendous impact on our ability to win games and the outlook of our young players.

Return to New York Knicks