ImageImageImageImageImage

Democratic Primary Thread: The Deuce

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Re: Democratic Primary Thread: The Deuce 

Post#541 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Stannis wrote:Trump is pulling NATO troops out of Germany. Isn't this what Putin wants??

It's what's best for the United States.
Saves us money and puts pressure on Germany to come up with their agreed to share of GDP towards military defense which saves the American taxpayer money. This is great for us, right?

Many people on the left have been, rightly so, calling for a reduction in our overseas military. Finally someone on the right agrees with the left and you want to crap on him because why exactly?

Justifying any of Trump's actions without acknowledging his actual reasons is still an exercise in partisanship. He is so clearly in Putin's pocket that to ignore whom this actually benefits most cancels out the possible merit of any other points to be made. You cannot decontextualize this. Trump abandoned the Kurd forces for the same reasons, but some tried to pretend it was due to a desire to downsize or de-escalate which was also false.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Post#542 » by Stannis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Stannis wrote:Trump is pulling NATO troops out of Germany. Isn't this what Putin wants??

It's what's best for the United States.
Saves us money and puts pressure on Germany to come up with their agreed to share of GDP towards military defense which saves the American taxpayer money. This is great for us, right?

Many people on the left have been, rightly so, calling for a reduction in our overseas military. Finally someone on the right agrees with the left and you want to crap on him because why exactly?

For me, it's mostly about being anti-war, particularly in the Middle East. Or doing what would save more lives.

NATO & Germany are an ally.

He abandoned the Kurds. Was going to do it in Kosovo. Just did it to Germany. I'm just not sure why he's leaving our actual allies hanging.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#543 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:The Deuce refers to Biden being dropped on the electorate am I right?

Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#544 » by Stannis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:You cannot decontextualize this. Trump abandoned the Kurd forces for the same reasons, but some tried to pretend it was due to a desire to downsize or de-escalate which was also false.

He was on the verge of doing similar things to Kosovo (one of the few nations/territories that have no Chinese or Russian footprints). Just doesn't make sense to me for a president who's supposed to be fearful of Russia and China.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#545 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Federalist Society is now calling Trump a fascist and arguing for their removal even though they defended him during the prior impeachment proceedings.

I don't really care nor do they truly deserve any credit for turning against him since lots of right wingers are lining up now to dump Trump rather than be associated with a big loss in November. That said, these guys paint themselves as constitutionalists and it appears Trump's playing fast and loose with electoral procedure was too much even for them and they're far right.

If you're going to pump for Trump these days then you deserve to be labelled a fascist sympathizer. There is absolutely no way you can argue he is not a fascist. He is disavowing electoral procedures ahead of the election. There is not a bone in Trump's body that supports democracy. He's a criminal.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,932

Post#546 » by Jeffrey » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Also, I'm going to put this on young protestors, BLM group, and ANTIFA. If you still feel that you shouldn't vote this coming November but still want to go out and protest, then you're no better than GOPers has enabled this buffoon.

I am not going to put blame on Trump but the swing states that did vote for him in 2016 and the mere 60,000 vote difference. I am not sure if he will get Republicans to move towards the center. Looking at the slippery slope since the fiasco in Florida 2000 (Bush/Cheney) to Sara Palin (first dummy on a national platform) to Trump. In 2024, will it be a sensible politician that I can just disagree on? Will it be a guy like Tom Cotton, Ivanka Trump etc.?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#547 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#548 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fresh tweets from a general confirming my assertions earlier today

This is also the first accusation of treason I've seen coming from a person of this rank

I'm sure the military have more in store for Trump
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#549 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 am

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Under "normal" circumstances I think Trump would have already resigned.

But as soon as he leaves he will be indicted and probably arrested. So the theory that he could leave for a lucrative final act as a political blowhard doesn't hold much water with me. The man is headed for jail time. His assets will be seized and he will be deprived of any more cash flow to finance whatever BS he would like to do next.

Maybe Trump resigns anyway and takes his chances with the lawsuits since he's a wimp and he probably can't handle being on the losing end of a brutal landslide election. But he will not have a lucrative celebrity lifestyle after he leaves the WH. He may think he will because he's bonkers, but he won't.

Don't be surprised if he tries to get Vlad to give him asylum. Vlad would enjoy that and make a grandstand out of saying no. But there's no doubt this whole family of traitors are in for a world of pain. They will not escape punishment.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#550 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 am

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I've been talking about this scenario for a while, though not sure I've ever posted that opinion here.

Trump and his entire r*tard family have learned there is big $ to be made branding themselves the face of "the resistance" and of far right conservatism, or nativism or owning the libs, or whatever they call their f*cked up melange of politics.

Trump's entire schtick, from the beginning of his career, is to convince everyone how great he is because he says it over and over. He worked the NYC tabloids to run stories about him due to their extreme laziness.

Later, with some fame via books, he extended the brand of himself nationally, via TV.
After he was basically finished publicly, The Apprentice rebooted his image to millions of idiotic Americans.

He was always nosing around politics for attention and airtime, and eventually, the USA became corrupt enough, income equality bad enough, the people angry enough, that right wing populism elevated this crass clown to president.

And from that, horribly for us, Trump and his family learned the valuable lesson of how much money there is to be made off the stupidity and anger of about 40-45% of the US population.

He's not putting down the pipe of adulation, but more importantly, the money stream that will continue to flow for his two idiot sons and his vacant daughter.

Sure, if the vote is close, he'll take a shot at disputing it. Why not? He might come out on top somehow. It also feeds the narrative that Trump was "forced out by the deep state", thereby setting up Trump & Family to undermine US politics for years, in particularly the vulnerable months and years immediately following his (possible) defeat.

There is tons of corruption in the USA. There is tons of corruption around money and fundraising in politics. No way a family like the Trumps hasn't already sniffed out the fact that is boodles of money to be made from being political agitators.

Usually, decency and respect for the republic would stop someone from even considering this. Then take a look at Trump, Eric, Don Jr and tell me they care one whit for that.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#551 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

But as soon as he leaves he will be indicted and probably arrested. So the theory that he could leave for a lucrative final act as a political blowhard doesn't hold much water with me. The man is headed for jail time. His assets will be seized and he will be deprived of any more cash flow to finance whatever BS he would like to do next.

Maybe Trump resigns anyway and takes his chances with the lawsuits since he's a wimp and he probably can't handle being on the losing end of a brutal landslide election. But he will not have a lucrative celebrity lifestyle after he leaves the WH. He may think he will because he's bonkers, but he won't.

Don't be surprised if he tries to get Vlad to give him asylum. Vlad would enjoy that and make a grandstand out of saying no. But there's no doubt this whole family of traitors are in for a world of pain. They will not escape punishment.

I used to think that. That he'd be indicted. But there is incredible institutional pressure not to indict, to not start the precedent of jailing defeated politicians, and to just get things "back to normal" and "heal". Do I agree with this stance. Absolutely not. I just think it'll happen.
Oh, there is an additional HUGE source of pressure. Sure, the US of A is a democratic republic (maybe...anymore) but in particularly is capitalist country. And what is best for business is ORDER. Now, the rule of law that comes with a democratic republic (yes it's flawed, racist etc) is helpful for the stability the businesses want and need to flourish, but ORDER, predictable order, is also very important. Now, it's far easier to fall towards emphasizing ORDER over messy democratic rights and justice and proper rule of law.

I think I'm trying to say that the powers that be will choose political and social order, or what is perceived that will keep it, over pursuing justice. Obviously there is always this tension and there is the ebb and flow and back and forth between more democracy and justice over just pure order, but a pretty cursory review of our history shows that the powers that be FAR prefer order over justice.

I think Trump stands down after fighting, teams up with OAN or Breitbart or whatever, and continues to monetize anger. He'll have used the system and society's loopholes and decency against them again. He has very good instincts as to where the gaps in things are, where to work the grift.

I wish I was wrong.
It's possible he's allowed to have his little sideshow for a while and if it gets out of hand, stability is threatened, the powers that be rediscover their gonads and the many books they could throw at him. But I think that only happens if Trump winds people up to the level of lunacy that involves bloodshed and rioting on a scale that makes the current protests look tame. Then, because business is hurting, he'll be shown a jail cell.

But not before.

Hope I'm entirely wrong.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#552 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I used to think that. That he'd be indicted. But there is incredible institutional pressure not to indict, to not start the precedent of jailing defeated politicians, and to just get things "back to normal" and "heal". Do I agree with this stance. Absolutely not. I just think it'll happen.
Oh, there is an additional HUGE source of pressure. Sure, the US of A is a democratic republic (maybe...anymore) but in particularly is capitalist country. And what is best for business is ORDER. Now, the rule of law that comes with a democratic republic (yes it's flawed, racist etc) is helpful for the stability the businesses want and need to flourish, but ORDER, predictable order, is also very important. Now, it's far easier to fall towards emphasizing ORDER over messy democratic rights and justice and proper rule of law.

I think I'm trying to say that the powers that be will choose political and social order, or what is perceived that will keep it, over pursuing justice. Obviously there is always this tension and there is the ebb and flow and back and forth between more democracy and justice over just pure order, but a pretty cursory review of our history shows that the powers that be FAR prefer order over justice.

I think Trump stands down after fighting, teams up with OAN or Breitbart or whatever, and continues to monetize anger. He'll have used the system and society's loopholes and decency against them again. He has very good instincts as to where the gaps in things are, where to work the grift.

I wish I was wrong.
It's possible he's allowed to have his little sideshow for a while and if it gets out of hand, stability is threatened, the powers that be rediscover their gonads and the many books they could throw at him. But I think that only happens if Trump winds people up to the level of lunacy that involves bloodshed and rioting on a scale that makes the current protests look tame. Then, because business is hurting, he'll be shown a jail cell.

But not before.

Hope I'm entirely wrong.

Yeah, I think you're wrong on this one. The pressure will be to prosecute not to turn the other cheek.

If you let this slide then it puts a rubber stamp on the notion that whomever has the wheel gets to do whatever they want. These guys raped the constitution and raped our country and they have to be made an example of to firmly deter criminals of this magnitude from thinking politics is a good career choice.

There's no way you'll have any kind of progressive movement without cleaning out this degree of corruption and I think the tide is going hard enough in that direction to give the Dems the greenlight to investigate and prosecute. You don't and you surrender the republic for good IMO. It has to be done.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#553 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:05 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I wish I was wrong.

But not before.

Hope I'm entirely wrong.

The People of the State of New York will certainly prosecute him.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#554 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:37 am

This is something we all can sit back and enjoy. Mike is going to lose his mind. :lol:

Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#555 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:52 am

Read on Twitter

OK, the fit is hitting the shan now

The Epstein-Maxwell files are being dumped over the transom tonight after the courts said they should be made public and legal hounds on Twitter are poring over the files in real time and reporting their findings.

Dershowitz is clearly screwed. Look, I'm very big on due process, but at this point if multiple accusers and witnesses are able to place Dershowitz as both one of the pedos and as someone who literally attended sessions where Epstein raped kids, it is pretty plausible that he was always a big part of this sex slavery ring.

The upshot appears to be Dershowitz was instrumental in getting Epstein off the first time around and he evidently had very strong self-preservation reasons for wanting Epstein to elude justice.

Anyway, this is really big news. I wonder who else is going to come up. Prince Andrew gets mentioned a lot. Trump even used him to deflect from himself. Big surprise there. Bill Clinton may be in the mix too. But most importantly is that Trump almost certainly can be fingered by enough people as a part of this to get nailed.

This is an example of why I'm saying to Buzz Trump is not going to waltz off into the sunset. There are too many dead bodies that are floating to the surface for him to escape justice. If it is not this, it will be something else. Trump is a smorgasbord of criminality and once people are totally assured he's losing the presidency a lot of gloves will come off and many will step forward to blow the whistle on this dude.

For good reason, many have feared the repercussions of testifying against a sitting president, especially one as venal and vengeful as Trump, but I think the air of impunity that got him through the first 3 years of his term has shattered already.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#556 » by Pointgod » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:33 pm

Let’s **** go Biden

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-only-needs-win-3-battleground-states-defeat-trump-hes-leading-all-6-1521794

President Donald Trump trails presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden in all six of the key battleground states less than 100 days ahead of the November election. Meanwhile, Biden actually only needs to win three of those states, while maintaining all the states former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton won in 2016, to secure victory in November.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#557 » by Pointgod » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:41 pm

Encouraging news

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#558 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm

Pointgod wrote:Encouraging news

Read on Twitter

Wow, get the funk out of here. That's truly amazing. She was down by over 20 points very recently. If this is in any way accurate it is a sure sign the GOP is tanking hard. Very encouraging
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#559 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 pm

Rob, go to that Newsweek article and watch McGrath's 3 minute ad there. I found it very well done and it strikes me as well tailored to appeal to Kentuckyians. What do you think? Did she hit the right notes to get votes?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#560 » by Stannis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:16 pm

Good to see Kentucky reacting to the worst "stimulus" bill of all time.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks