Best Player for Oubre + #10?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Re: Best Player for Oubre + #10? 

Post#61 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:05 am

jredsaz wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Oladipo has good value. I like the player a lot. But without a commitment to an extension a top five pick and a starting caliber wing is a really good get for 28 year old a injury prone guard set for a huge payday that the Pacers can't afford.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Boy, that’s wildly incorrect

Even with a drop in the projected cap/tax, we can afford to give him a max, which has been published as being a standing offer for him, and still stay under the tax. Worst case scenario, we move Jeremy Lamb in another year to clear some salary.
"Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon has seen his company, mall operator Simon Properties Group, lose more than $25 billion in stock value since January. The Pacers' payroll for next season is slated to be more than $125 million, highest in team history, and star Victor Oladipo is eligible for a contract extension," from Windhorsts article.

Pacers will be squeezed as hard as any team in the NBA. The fact that Simon's real moneymaker is in brick and mortar retail makes things all the worse. I assume Dipo gets moved.

Suns just sold their G-League affiliate so I doubt Oladipo is moved to Phoenix.

You know there is an old saying about when you assume, you make an Ass out of U and Me, AssUME!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#62 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:06 am

jredsaz wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Oladipo has good value. I like the player a lot. But without a commitment to an extension a top five pick and a starting caliber wing is a really good get for 28 year old a injury prone guard set for a huge payday that the Pacers can't afford.

It's interesting how people will slap all sorts of arbitrary labels on Oladipo to justify lowering his trade value

It's even more interesting that people are doing this despite the Pacers having shown zero interest in trading him in the first place
He has missed 10 or more games 4/7 years in the NBA including the last two season in which he missed a significant amount due to a major injury. Missed 20% of the season in 16/17 with OKC. Not just making things up to decrease value. Lol.

Well then why do you want the guy?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#63 » by NYG » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 am

I say Oubre + 10 for 5 if Warriors get bounced back.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#64 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 am

jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Chinook wrote:I don't think Oubre plus 10 has very positive value. Like I think it could get a decent player, but the idea of getting top picks or elite prospects/stars is just not realistic, especially in this draft.

right maybe gets them a unproven player that is payed lottery $ but needs a different scene.
Seriously? Its still a top 10 pick. Lol. And while Oubre isn't Kawhi he is still a decent player and good prospect. An unproven lottery pick? Come on.

Well this is probably the worst looking draft I've seen in years. I think anyone drafting after 2 will be disappointed or very lucky to get anything of value out of it.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,156

Post#65 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:42 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:right maybe gets them a unproven player that is payed lottery $ but needs a different scene.
Seriously? Its still a top 10 pick. Lol. And while Oubre isn't Kawhi he is still a decent player and good prospect. An unproven lottery pick? Come on.

Well this is probably the worst looking draft I've seen in years. I think anyone drafting after 2 will be disappointed or very lucky to get anything of value out of it.

Isn't this draft basically the exact opposite? In previous drafts, the top 2 picks were pretty much set. With the exception of 2018 perhaps - where there were three guys mentioned as potential number 1 picks - most drafts were considered to be more top heavy than Salma Hayek.

This year, i see guys who could go number 1 or 2, as easily as I could see them go #6.

I'm not high on this draft, but the talent level seems to be pretty even across the board.
Spoiler:
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#66 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Seriously? Its still a top 10 pick. Lol. And while Oubre isn't Kawhi he is still a decent player and good prospect. An unproven lottery pick? Come on.

Isn't this draft basically the exact opposite? In previous drafts, the top 2 picks were pretty much set. With the exception of 2018 perhaps - where there were three guys mentioned as potential number 1 picks - most drafts were considered to be more top heavy than Salma Hayek.

This year, i see guys who could go number 1 or 2, as easily as I could see them go #6.

I'm not high on this draft, but the talent level seems to be pretty even across the board.

This draft does not look good. I'm on record saying that I expect draft picks to get sold or traded off for future #1's. Philly has 4 2nd in this draft any of them might be as good as the guy picked at #10-12.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#67 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:06 am

Topofthekey wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:It's interesting how people will slap all sorts of arbitrary labels on Oladipo to justify lowering his trade value

It's even more interesting that people are doing this despite the Pacers having shown zero interest in trading him in the first place
He has missed 10 or more games 4/7 years in the NBA including the last two season in which he missed a significant amount due to a major injury. Missed 20% of the season in 16/17 with OKC. Not just making things up to decrease value. Lol.

If you think he's injury prone, then the simple solution is to just don't trade for him

Pacers are happy to keep him, and you don't have to trade for an "injury prone" player, seems like win-win all around
Lol. I'm not trading for anyone. Believe it or not I don't run the Suns or any other team. I'm expressing my opinion.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#68 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:08 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Combine a couple thread ideas...

To Suns: Markkanen + Sato

To Bulls: Barrett + Randle + Okobo + #10 (Suns FRP)

To Knicks: LaVine + Oubre Jr.
It makes a lot of sense.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#69 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:13 am

Stillwater wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:right maybe gets them a unproven player that is payed lottery $ but needs a different scene.

Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode that fits the Suns would be a better investment than a 2020 unused lottery pick.
Not sure what Oubre contract is... Is it attractive and if so why trade him?
The pick has little value imo
I'm not sure what "Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode" equates to but it sounds like a pretty terrible take.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#70 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:31 am

Pinkyring wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:He doesn't do anything above average and analytically he's a net negative he's scoring on a bad team but he isn't a good player
So you just look at statistics statically? He has made huge strides across the board over his entire career. He is a 24 year old, athletic wing standing 6'7" with a wingspan over 7'. Averaged 19/6/2 on similar efficiency stats to Tobias Harris and CJ McCollum this season.

He isn't a bad player and he isn't a finished product.

19 on a bad team devoid of scorers with ayton missed a missing a big chunk of the season and again a net negative as he's been most of his career. He's a backup on a good team
He would start on plenty of teams and be one of the first off the bench for many more. Net negative? His net rating is a plus on a bad team devoid of scoring which missed ayton for a large part of the season He scored as efficiently as Harris and CJ who played on better teams which should help players be more efficient. And you're absolutely discounting past improvement and how that reflects on his future development.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#71 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:45 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
And Windhorst doesn't understand what's happening. Simon retired, handed off Simon management to his son, David, and has sold off large portions of his ownership (to his son and other manager's) over the years. Simon's moneymaker hasn't been retail for many years. He retired from the business and sold off a large part of his ownership of Simon Property a couple years ago when the share price was much higher. He bought small portions back in when the share price was around $20. It's around $64 now. He's been in cash, and diversifying his estate plan for years now.

And as I said earlier in the thread, the fact that payroll for next season is slated to be the highest in team history is ignoring the fact that with the way the cap has risen, almost every single year of his ownership has been the highest salaries owed in team history. Last year was the highest salary ever. Then this year was. And next year will be. Likely, the year after that, too!
I'm sure the impact of Covid on the financial situation in Indiana won't force any hard decisions then.

Sigh.

Y’all didn’t trade Booker at first chance for lesser value just to save money. You sold your GLeague team. Then you’d likely trade an Oubre, or a Rubio well before you trade a Booker, right?
Booker isn't coming off of a serious injury and fankly Dipo hasn't shown near the production Booker has. I think Indy should move Dipo because I'm not sure if he is worth a max contract and with the money situation I would rather keep a good team intact.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#72 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:46 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:It's interesting how people will slap all sorts of arbitrary labels on Oladipo to justify lowering his trade value

I don't know if I would trade for Dipo. Just floated a trade IDEA. Lol

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#73 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:50 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

This draft does not look good. I'm on record saying that I expect draft picks to get sold or traded off for future #1's. Philly has 4 2nd in this draft any of them might be as good as the guy picked at #10-12.
I think in most drafts there are one or two second round picks that perform up to late lottery potential. But this draft is deep on role player talent and there is absolutely clear tiers between late lottery and mid second round.

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#74 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:10 am

jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jredsaz wrote:Seriously? Its still a top 10 pick. Lol. And while Oubre isn't Kawhi he is still a decent player and good prospect. An unproven lottery pick? Come on.

Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode that fits the Suns would be a better investment than a 2020 unused lottery pick.
I'm not sure what "Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode" equates to but it sounds like a pretty terrible take.

you cant figure it out cant help you... in simpleton terms it means you take a 2nd or 3rd year player for your 10th
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#75 » by Topofthekey » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:04 am

jredsaz wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
jredsaz wrote:He has missed 10 or more games 4/7 years in the NBA including the last two season in which he missed a significant amount due to a major injury. Missed 20% of the season in 16/17 with OKC. Not just making things up to decrease value. Lol.

Why even float such an idea if you think he's injury prone?

"This player is injury prone. I think I'll trade for him"

Makes no sense

It's strange how some people are basically saying "he's injury prone, you should trade him to us", when Pacers don't even want to trade him in the first place
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#76 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:04 am

Topofthekey wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Makes no sense

It's strange how some people are basically saying "he's injury prone, you should trade him to us", when Pacers don't even want to trade him in the first place
Thread is literally called "best player for oubre and 10" not "what player do you want for oubre and 10".

I would personally have a hard time giving him a max not only for injuries but also for production.

jredsaz
General Manager

Post#77 » by jredsaz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:10 am

Stillwater wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode that fits the Suns would be a better investment than a 2020 unused lottery pick.

you cant figure it out cant help you... in simpleton terms it means you take a 2nd or 3rd year player for your 10th
I don't see that as a good choice. 10th pick has 4 controllable years on a rookie scale deal and RFA. Plus I get to choose a player that fits my team/system and develop him from the get. Why am I sacrificing that for a project with less control?

Who are some players you put into this category?

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#78 » by Topofthekey » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:00 am

jredsaz wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
jredsaz wrote:I don't know if I would trade for Dipo. Just floated a trade IDEA. Lol

Makes no sense

Thread is literally called "best player for oubre and 10" not "what player do you want for oubre and 10".

I would personally have a hard time giving him a max not only for injuries but also for production.

How can Oladipo be the best player for Oubre + #10 if the Pacers aren't trading him?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#79 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:34 pm

jredsaz wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jredsaz wrote:I'm not sure what "Unproven lottery payed player in project mode not bust mode" equates to but it sounds like a pretty terrible take.

I don't see that as a good choice. 10th pick has 4 controllable years on a rookie scale deal and RFA. Plus I get to choose a player that fits my team/system and develop him from the get. Why am I sacrificing that for a project with less control?

Who are some players you put into this category?

thats understandable probably even moreso than trading Oubre in the first place which I didnt really get the point of,unless the Suns dont see him in their long term plans at which point I have to assume the OP was suggesting by making this proposal.
The contract is only Gauranteed through 20-21 so you will either have to try to move him with the 10th on draft day to say Portland? for SImons and take Ariza and his partial G of 1.8 mil then just waive him before it gets locked in and you have acquired a good guard prospect stuck behind two highly paid guards through 23-24 season.
Or the Suns can do the same thing for somebody else like that if there are any.
The only other options are just taking a bpa wing instead of a guard and dumping Oubre's expiring at the deadline next season if his agent is pushing a deal more than the Suns are willing to pay. The only other play is to let him test the FA market and underpay him when he sees its dried up.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#80 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:46 pm

jredsaz wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jredsaz wrote:I'm sure the impact of Covid on the financial situation in Indiana won't force any hard decisions then.

Sigh.

Y’all didn’t trade Booker at first chance for lesser value just to save money. You sold your GLeague team. Then you’d likely trade an Oubre, or a Rubio well before you trade a Booker, right?
Booker isn't coming off of a serious injury and fankly Dipo hasn't shown near the production Booker has. I think Indy should move Dipo because I'm not sure if he is worth a max contract and with the money situation I would rather keep a good team intact.

Not a big fan of defense, are you? :lol:

I mean, Oladipo has had a 23/5/4 season when he also was an all defensive team SG and lead his team to the playoffs. Bookers best has been a 27/4/7 season where he was a terrible defender and did not lead his team anywhere. I like Booker a lot, but let’s be fair to Vic too.

Return to Trades and Transactions