ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Re: NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread) 

Post#661 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 am

You really can't stagger PG and Kawhi without Lou and Harrell. Not enough offense.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,994

Post#662 » by NinjaBro » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 am

I know about that dummy Lou but what happened to Harrell?
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#663 » by RaptorNews » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 am

Did we get everything out of Kawhis knees lol

Always going to love the guy but eff the Clips
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,559

Post#664 » by Mak » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 am

Lakers are playing so many players who were waived over the last 2 years.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,418

Post#665 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 am

The more I watch Davis with the Lakers, the more I understand why the Pelicans didn't win more during his time there. He's an amazing player - great offensive talent, very good defender - but he doesn't really lift a whole team and make others better the way a player like Lebron does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on any team I cheer for, but I'm not sure the Lakers will remain a top 2 or 3 team in the West after Lebron is gone unless they replace him with another top-15 type player to pair with Davis.
JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Post#666 » by JackedFinancier » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 am

RaptorNews wrote:Did we get everything out of Kawhis knees lol

Always going to love the guy but eff the Clips

My belief is that Kawhi’s legacy will always be his one season with the Raptors and his legendary playoff run. I dont think he realizes how much of a superstar he turned into because of being a Toronto Raptor.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#667 » by hsb » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:31 am

Mak wrote:Lakers are playing so many players who were waived over the last 2 years.

They have a bad supporting cast and it's going to get worse if they don't upgrade in the offseason.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,164

Post#668 » by GooniesNeverDie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 am

the Clippers are wayyyyyy better than the Lakers

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#669 » by gp2015 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:38 am

aminiaturebuddha wrote:The more I watch Davis with the Lakers, the more I understand why the Pelicans didn't win more during his time there. He's an amazing player - great offensive talent, very good defender - but he doesn't really lift a whole team and make others better the way a player like Lebron does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on any team I cheer for, but I'm not sure the Lakers will remain a top 2 or 3 team in the West after Lebron is gone unless they replace him with another top-15 type player to pair with Davis.

Power forwards and centers aren't usually in a position to make their teammates better.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,808

Post#670 » by wayoftheroad » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:42 am

Its sad to see Lebrons decline. He just doesn't have the same lift he used to. I think he will decline really badly in the next 2 years.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#671 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 am

Paul George is UTTER trash.

Masai ducked out of that one if he is going to be this bad for a while. Wow.

I never expected PG being this horrible.

Kawhi's great, I just think he doesn't have his lift anymore. He really really really should've stayed with us, we'd of rehabbed him as much as we could've. Also have the personnel to help.

Lebron looks rusty but VERY quick. AD has had a great game. Kawhi heated up a bit too.

It's fun watching these guys, but one thing I don't understand, why sign all the rejects of the NBA?

Dwight
Javalee
Joah Kim Noah
Rondo
JR Smith
Morris brothers
Dudley

.. Are we sure that guys in the damn G league aren't better then some of these has beens?
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant

Post#672 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:50 am

gp2015 wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:The more I watch Davis with the Lakers, the more I understand why the Pelicans didn't win more during his time there. He's an amazing player - great offensive talent, very good defender - but he doesn't really lift a whole team and make others better the way a player like Lebron does.

Power forwards and centers aren't usually in a position to make their teammates better.

That's generally been true in the past, although the great ones usually found a way. Houston didn't start winning championships until Hakeem started using his teammates more and raising his assist totals (and yes, MJ took a break for a couple of years). Karl Malone became a very good facilitator, and the Jazz became a Finals team as a result. Even someone like Shaq, the ultimate low post scorer, became very good at timing his passes back out of the post once he caught the defence off balance in order to provide better driving lanes for Kobe and guys like Rick Fox and Tyronn Lue.

The guy that Davis has always reminded me of is David Robinson. He also had a hard time putting his team over the top in games where in mattered in the playoffs when the opposing teams could key in on him until Tim Duncan arrived. Robinson always seemed to lack that ability as a top dog to lift up the rest of his teammates.

Davis can still improve that aspect of his game. Hakeem didn't really embrace team ball until his 9th year in the league. And on this particular Lakers team, he really needs to be a scorer, but hopefully he'll learn a little from Lebron over the course of the next couple of years about using his teammates and seeing the whole court.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#673 » by gp2015 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:57 am

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

That's generally been true in the past, although the great ones usually found a way. Houston didn't start winning championships until Hakeem started using his teammates more and raising his assist totals (and yes, MJ took a break for a couple of years). Karl Malone became a very good facilitator, and the Jazz became a Finals team as a result. Even someone like Shaq, the ultimate low post scorer, became very good at timing his passes back out of the post once he caught the defence off balance in order to provide better driving lanes for Kobe and guys like Rick Fox and Tyronn Lue.

The guy that Davis has always reminded me of is David Robinson. He also had a hard time putting his team over the top in games where in mattered in the playoffs when the opposing teams could key in on him until Tim Duncan arrived. Robinson always seemed to lack that ability as a top dog to lift up the rest of his teammates.

Davis can still improve that aspect of his game. Hakeem didn't really embrace team ball until his 9th year in the league. And on this particular Lakers team, he really needs to be a scorer, but hopefully he'll learn a little from Lebron over the course of the next couple of years about using his teammates and seeing the whole court.

I agree that the great big men usually find a way to make their teammates better through their passing. That's what truly separates some of them and that's something I haven't seen from Davis yet. He might develop this in the future but for right now, he needs to play with someone like LeBron.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#674 » by bape_lovers » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:05 am

huh..PG is great man

TheAlchemist wrote:Paul George is UTTER trash.

Masai ducked out of that one if he is going to be this bad for a while. Wow.

I never expected PG being this horrible.

Kawhi's great, I just think he doesn't have his lift anymore. He really really really should've stayed with us, we'd of rehabbed him as much as we could've. Also have the personnel to help.

Lebron looks rusty but VERY quick. AD has had a great game. Kawhi heated up a bit too.

It's fun watching these guys, but one thing I don't understand, why sign all the rejects of the NBA?

Dwight
Javalee
Joah Kim Noah
Rondo
JR Smith
Morris brothers
Dudley

.. Are we sure that guys in the damn G league aren't better then some of these has beens?

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#675 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:35 am

I know its only been a few games but the Lakers aren't as great as people make them out to be, I'm not impressed. CLIPPERS though once they click can be scary.

Its really open, nuggets or rockets could come out west.
Read
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant

Post#676 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:39 am

Lebron may not be the player he once was, and definitely coasts on D at times, but he can still really lock down on defence for individual possessions when he wants to.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#677 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:40 am

This is good. Lakers can rest tomorrow after getting a game up on the two seed
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,994

Post#678 » by NinjaBro » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 am

Lakers warming up today to get ready for the main event on Saturday
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#679 » by 720 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:49 am

Even though it looks like the lakers are going to win, they look so trash. Lebron is washed. I hope we play them in the finals.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,559

Post#680 » by Mak » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:08 am

I would not mind some OT. Lebron and AD 5 more minutes of playing time.

Return to Toronto Raptors