Rudy Gobert Says He Feels 'Grateful' Following Jazz Win

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Rudy Gobert Says He Feels 'Grateful' Following Jazz Win  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:38 am

Rudy Gobert expressed his relief after scoring go-ahead free throws in the Utah Jazz's 106-104 win over the New Orleans Pelicans.

"Just grateful to be able to do what I love to do. After everything that I've personally and everything the world is going through right now, to be able to keep inspiring millions of kids around the world and keep spreading positivity is just a blessing," said Gobert, who finished the game with 14 points and 12 rebounds.

Donovan Mitchell, who made the pass that lead to Gobert's free throws, said that the two players put their previous friction behind them.

"It's just me trusting him and him trusting me. That's really what it is. ... He had the first two points, and for that [play] to end it, it should kind of seal everything as far as talking about all that extra stuff," said Mitchell.

Quin Snyder added that Mitchell and Gobert used the time away from the game to improve their communication. 

"We've moved on, and we've talked about using this entire experience to get better, and I think those two guys have done that."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Re: Rudy Gobert Says He Feels 'Grateful' Following Jazz Win 

Post#2 » by dautjazz » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 pm

So far so good. It's been 4.5 months, and prior to the bubble, I imagine they didn't even see each other in person, so I figure it gave time plenty of time to let things cool off. In the end of the day, Mitchell knows that Gobert clowns around a lot, and while it was completely irresponsible on Gobert's behalf, I think Mitchell and the rest of the team can forgive Gobert already, especially after all the heat Gobert already received, and he's said sorry a million times.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to Wiretap Discussion