Free Zach...CHI/ORL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Re: Free Zach...CHI/ORL 

Post#21 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:59 pm

hege53190 wrote: Why for the Magic. They have a very competitive starting 5. They need a play maker and they add one.

'Playmakers' usually don't have roughly equal asst:TOs. Lavine sometimes makes some nice passes but he just play makes for himself. I can see how that'd be useful for the Magic (Fournier is pretty stretched as a primary perimeter initiator and Fultz isn't an answer) but it should come with clear eyes about Lavine being a hard shoot-first player. I still question what that really does for the Magic but it would make some sense if they're interested in shaking things up.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,731

Post#22 » by gswhoops » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:59 pm

I really like the idea of Gordon for Lavine as the core of a deal...what about Gordon/Ross for Lavine/Thad?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#23 » by Skin » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:36 am

gswhoops wrote:I really like the idea of Gordon for Lavine as the core of a deal...what about Gordon/Ross for Lavine/Thad?

I think that's the perfect deal. And1. Dial it into the commish's office.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Kazuya10
Bench Warmer
And1: 87

Post#24 » by Kazuya10 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:57 am

Skin wrote:
gswhoops wrote:I really like the idea of Gordon for Lavine as the core of a deal...what about Gordon/Ross for Lavine/Thad?

Yup, I could live with that deal as well. Well done

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#25 » by drosereturn » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:16 am

Skin wrote:

I will probably take this as well although somehow wants to get my hands on Fournier since Magic will overlap.
Something like Lavine, Sato, Thad for Gordon, Ross, Fournier.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#26 » by Skin » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:21 am

Showtime23 wrote:
Skin wrote:

I will probably take this as well although somehow wants to get my hands on Fournier since Magic will overlap.

Fournier is a FA with a PO, so that makes things difficult. If he opts out, he's untradeable. If he opts in, isn't there some kind of deadline that has to pass before he can be traded? Or no?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,731

Post#27 » by gswhoops » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:45 pm

Skin wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Skin wrote:I think that's the perfect deal. And1. Dial it into the commish's office.

Fournier is a FA with a PO, so that makes things difficult. If he opts out, he's untradeable. If he opts in, isn't there some kind of deadline that has to pass before he can be traded? Or no?

I feel like adding Fournier and Sato tips the balance a bit too far in Chicago's favor but you know what your team(s) want better than I do.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#28 » by Skybox » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:30 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Skin wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:

I feel like adding Fournier and Sato tips the balance a bit too far in Chicago's favor but you know what your team(s) want better than I do.

I have a hard time including Ross in that deal, that's 3 of our top 6 players. I really value Ross for ORL. How about...

ORL sends Gordon, Fournier, Aminu
CHI sends Lavine, Sato, Thad
(I figure Aminu and Thad basically cxl each other in impact, but contract differential makes deal ok)

or

Gordon and Fournier, for ...
Lavine, Sato, Valentine (S&T)

Return to Trades and Transactions