ImageImageImageImageImage

Bubble Game #1: Wizards vs Suns

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Re: Bubble Game #1: Wizards vs Suns 

Post#21 » by doclinkin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:31 pm

prime1time wrote:Question. Let's say we lose every game. Our lottery odds would still be worse than all the teams that are not playing correct?

Yes.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#22 » by 80sballboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:42 pm

I think the Wiz beat the Nets on Sunday. They may get one or two more wins, but I don't know if the Nets win any games. Jamal Crawford didn't play today, so not sure they really want that seventh or eighth spot. Timothe Lawawu-Cabarrot had 24 points to lead the NEts.
wall_glizzy
Junior
And1: 199

Post#23 » by wall_glizzy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:32 pm

doclinkin wrote:
prime1time wrote:Question. Let's say we lose every game. Our lottery odds would still be worse than all the teams that are not playing correct?

Yes.

edit: completely misread, sorry doc

Wrong. The lottery odds will be determined based on every team's record as of the March 11th stoppage in play. It's just not yet certain which teams will be in the lottery (that is, the teams that play themselves into the 7th or 8th seeds during the bubble will be eliminated from lottery contention). Assuming we don't make it past the Nets and Magic, however, we'll still have the 9th(?)-best lottery odds when the ping pong balls are drawn. Since we're the worst team in the bubble by winning percentage, we can neither improve nor worsen our lottery chances, except by making the horrible error of rallying for the 8th seed.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#24 » by WallToWall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:04 am

That was one ugly game. Run, brick, run, bad pass, run, miss, run... harbinger of things to come for the rest of the games.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#25 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:30 am

JWizmentality wrote:Jerome Robinson is one streaky mofo.

Yep, heats up for a quarter then totally guns, bricks, sucks for about 13 straight games.

He’s pyrite.
In Rizzo we trust
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#26 » by prime1time » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:19 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Jerome Robinson is one streaky mofo.

Yep, heats up for a quarter then totally guns, bricks, sucks for about 13 straight games.

He’s pyrite.

I’ll say the same thing I said since we got him. How about we give the miss a chance. The Clips destroyed his confidence.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#27 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:50 pm

prime1time wrote:Rui might never be a star, but he definitely projects as a solid player.

I thought Rui played pretty good last night in context. I will say he had a couple of pretty sloppy turnovers and was pressing a bit in on the offensive end. Considering how the rest of the team played and their lack of ball movement, I'll consider it a positive, efficient performance. I don't remember him getting roast defensively like some of his teammates with the caveat I thought he could have done better in some help situations I remember.

Bryant was a disaster out there. Ayton ate his lunch late in the game after being pretty quiet and didn't really do anything spectacular to eat said Bryant's lunch, which is concerning. Bryant has turned into an empty 10 and 8 center that shoots too many jumpers for his ability, doesn't hustle, and is constantly completely lost defensively.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#28 » by 80sballboy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:28 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
prime1time wrote:Rui might never be a star, but he definitely projects as a solid player.

I thought Rui played pretty good last night in context. I will say he had a couple of pretty sloppy turnovers and was pressing a bit in on the offensive end. Considering how the rest of the team played and their lack of ball movement, I'll consider it a positive, efficient performance. I don't remember him getting roast defensively like some of his teammates with the caveat I thought he could have done better in some help situations I remember.

Bryant was a disaster out there. Ayton ate his lunch late in the game after being pretty quiet and didn't really do anything spectacular to eat said Bryant's lunch, which is concerning. Bryant has turned into an empty 10 and 8 center that shoots too many jumpers for his ability, doesn't hustle, and is constantly completely lost defensively.

I think we have to take Bryant into context. Yes, he's making a little more than $8M a year, but Ayton is the first pick of the draft for a reason. He's a stud. At least offensively, though he still has a ways to go at 22 and TB is just 23. I'd just like to see TB work on his D and his rebounding. Remember, he's also coming off testing positive, so he probably wasn't doing sh-t for 2 weeks and who knows how much he was practicing over the summer.

Return to Washington Wizards