Phoenix - Utah swap back-courts

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Who is better/worth more?

Mitchell
24%
Booker
76%

Total votes: 29

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,201

Phoenix - Utah swap back-courts 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:57 am

Phoenix trades: Rubio, Booker
Utah trades: Conley, Mitchell, Davis

Why for phoenix: get worse this coming year but will then have space for TWO max FA's to team up with Mitchell, Bridges, Ayton & 2020/2021 draft picks (that is one frightening team if their owner was willing to pay the tax the following year(s).. like GSW-dynasty level scary).
Why for Utah: Win-now push with a core of Booker + Gobert.

Not sure if picks should be included as well to balance out value delta (if any) between booker/mitchell.. I personally had booker being the better player than mitchell despite the all star snub, but mitchell does have more years of control so i didn't put any picks.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Re: Phoenix - Utah swap back-courts 

Post#2 » by PharmD » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:52 am

I veto this trade as a Rubiobro. I CANNOT go back to watching Ricky's passes bounce off of Gobert's hands in Quin Snyder's offense.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#3 » by JDLAW » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 am

If I recall correctly Mitchell is slightly older than Booker and isn't as good. player. I cannot conceive of the Suns doing preposterous trade.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#4 » by Saberestar » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:52 am

The Suns are not trading Booker for that package, he is the best player in that deal.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#5 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:39 pm

Saberestar wrote:The Suns are not trading Booker for that package, he is the best player in that deal.

Ya i think maybe a 1st should go back to the suns too. I know he's.the best player; this is a trade made to maximize the teams opportunity in 2021 FA. Mitchell is no slouch too and can grow into the kind of player booker is now so i think its a worthy risk
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Booker is an empty stats guy, he’s not a winner, Bookerbrohoes need to relax.
Ingles is cooked.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:08 pm

GobertReport wrote:Booker is an empty stats guy, he’s not a winner, Bookerbrohoes need to relax.

I mean if you take out gobert mitchell probably becomes an empty stats guy too. Booker scores with great efficiency (f i remember correctly). He is definitely an upgrade if the jazz wants to win now.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,891

Post#8 » by LV-Suns » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:31 pm

We are trading the best player and taking on the worst contract. This is an easy no.
I Dont wanna be here
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#9 » by Crives » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:35 pm

Lol, you are really trying to aggravate suns and Jazz fans huh?
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Crives wrote:Lol, you are really trying to aggravate suns and Jazz fans huh?

i was just experimenting with ways to free up space for 2 max FAs to join the suns and build up a dynasty and this was my first attempt :(. I think Booker alone is less likely to draw one max FA to the suns, where as mitchell + opportunity to get a pair (like durant/irving) the chances are much higher.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#11 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:23 am

Mitchell's athleticism and versatility on the ball make him more valuable to the Jazz than Booker, imo. He took over and scored or assisted on the Jazz's final 10 pts last night to pull out a win. Mitchell is still developing and hasn't hit his ceiling.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#12 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:27 am

Incidentally, how come a team with Rubio/Mitchell/Gobert wins 50+ games and a team with Rubio/Booker/Ayton wins 30?

I guess it means that Gobert and Mitchell must be pretty good, no?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#13 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:28 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Booker is an empty stats guy, he’s not a winner, Bookerbrohoes need to relax.

I mean if you take out gobert mitchell probably becomes an empty stats guy too. Booker scores with great efficiency (f i remember correctly). He is definitely an upgrade if the jazz wants to win now.

Booker is not an "upgrade" over Mitchell, no. It didn't take an injury replacement for Mitchell to get added to the All Star team.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#14 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:32 am

PharmD wrote:I veto this trade as a Rubiobro. I CANNOT go back to watching Ricky's passes bounce off of Gobert's hands in Quin Snyder's offense.

Yeah, and we can't go back to watching Rubio's set shots sail over the rim.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#15 » by PharmD » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:47 am

Catchall wrote:
PharmD wrote:I veto this trade as a Rubiobro. I CANNOT go back to watching Ricky's passes bounce off of Gobert's hands in Quin Snyder's offense.

Yeah, and we can't go back to watching Rubio's set shots sail over the rim.

Yeah, it was a bad fit nobody wants to go back to.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#16 » by PharmD » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:53 am

Catchall wrote:Incidentally, how come a team with Rubio/Mitchell/Gobert wins 50+ games and a team with Rubio/Booker/Ayton wins 30?

Well they are pretty good but you do realize Ayton only played in 30 games due to suspension and it being a coronavirus-shorted season right? The Suns would have a better record if they didn't have to through the Frank Kaminsky Starting Center era.

Rubio+Booker+Ayton was +9.4 net rating this season. The problem was when those guys were off the floor.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#17 » by babyjax13 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:19 am

I agree Booker is more valuable, but I also think we like our guy more (and he may have his value go up if he gets to be a point guard).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
tobysunsfan
Junior
And1: 102

Post#18 » by tobysunsfan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:08 am

Catchall wrote:Incidentally, how come a team with Rubio/Mitchell/Gobert wins 50+ games and a team with Rubio/Booker/Ayton wins 30?

That's a pretty nonsensical argument if you look at how bad the Suns' team is, apart from those three it's basically G-League team. Gobert is also an elite player, while Ayton isn't really a productive player yet.

I would've agreed that Mitchell could be better before this season, but after Booker's improvement this year, I think he's clearly the better player. Booker is a better passer, shooter and at getting to the line.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,724

Post#19 » by darmani » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:16 am

Catchall wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Booker is not an "upgrade" over Mitchell, no. It didn't take an injury replacement for Mitchell to get added to the All Star team.

Booker is a big upgrade over Donovan Mitchell.

Zach Lowe:
I was talking to someone around the league the other day, and we were just sort of spitballing about players. There’s a lot of people within the league that think Donovan Mitchell is still a bit overrated. And this guy was one of them. We were talking about who would you rather have Devin Booker or Donovan Mitchell. And I think the only skill in which Donovan Mitchell is ahead of Devin Booker is defense and I don’t think he’s ahead by as much as you think he’s ahead of Devin Booker. Passing-wise, it's not close, like Devin Booker is a way better passer than Donovan Mitchell.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#20 » by drosereturn » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:43 am

Exactly. Conley is washed up and Gobert barely produces while Ayton is a generational talent and they have the best 3 and D in Bridges.
Suns have way more talent yet they are bottom tier lottery. I dont think Booker is better than Mitchell. You can make a case they are equal talent.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!

Return to Trades and Transactions