Based on JJ_PR's dream Cav off-season W/DAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,800

Based on JJ_PR's dream Cav off-season W/DAL 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:48 pm

He says he wants to trade Drummond at the deadline for bad contracts and a 1st. I'll go him one better. I'll make the deal now so they immediately get the first.

Powell
Wright*
Jackson
2020 DAL 1st

for

Drummond

*based on previous posts I think there are teams who would take Wright for free if Cleveland doesn't want him meaning they are only taking on the Powell money.

Cleveland gets a 1st for taking on Powell's last 2 years. And if nothing else he's a high character, extremely hard worker who is the perfect kind of vet to have around a young team.

Dallas goes ahead and clears the salary they'd want to move in advance of the 2021 off-season and Drummond can replace the 20 mpg a healthy Powell would likely have gotten and soak up some minutes in the games KP is almost certain to mix.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: Based on JJ_PR's dream Cav off-season W/DAL 

Post#2 » by Revenged25 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:He says he wants to trade Drummond at the deadline for bad contracts and a 1st. I'll go him one better. I'll make the deal now so they immediately get the first.

Powell
Wright*
Jackson
2020 DAL 1st

for

Drummond

*based on previous posts I think there are teams who would take Wright for free if Cleveland doesn't want him meaning they are only taking on the Powell money.

Cleveland gets a 1st for taking on Powell's last 2 years. And if nothing else he's a high character, extremely hard worker who is the perfect kind of vet to have around a young team.

Dallas goes ahead and clears the salary they'd want to move in advance of the 2021 off-season and Drummond can replace the 20 mpg a healthy Powell would likely have gotten and soak up some minutes in the games KP is almost certain to mix.

Can Dallas even trade their 1st this year or would the trade need to be made after Dallas makes the pick since they have to give their '21 pick to the Knicks.
Texas Chuck

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Can Dallas even trade their 1st this year or would the trade need to be made after Dallas makes the pick since they have to give their '21 pick to the Knicks.

Technically Dallas makes the pick on behalf of Cleveland, but functionally nothing changes.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#4 » by Revenged25 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Technically Dallas makes the pick on behalf of Cleveland, but functionally nothing changes.

Well if Cleveland gets Wiseman in the top 3, then I would 100% be behind this deal as they might be able to get someone like Jaden McDaniels or Jalen Smith with that pick.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,792

Post#5 » by JJ_PR » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:06 pm

That's a nice deal. I'd do it for sure.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#6 » by Michaellam1987 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:06 am

Mavericks should gladly take this deal, but not sure if Cavs will really do it or not.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#7 » by tidho » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:45 pm

CLE would do this. Find a new home for Garland and keep Wright.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#8 » by Darren » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm

I think the Mavs do it as long as there's no way to land one of Vessell, Nesmith or Bey as Hardaway replacement with the pick even with a trade up attempt. The Mavs goes all in for Giannis. If Giannis really leaves Milwaukee, Dallas is the first choice easily. If Hardaway doesn't pick up the player option, I may go after FVV and pick a shotblocking 4 with quick feet and hopefully with floor spacing potential.
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#9 » by realEAST » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:31 pm

Not meaning to hijack a thread, but if Dallas decides to go this way and wants to clear cap space for 2021 while adding useful rentals, what about slight tweak enabling another move - add Marjanovic to this deal instead of J. Jackson, and then move J. Jackson + #31 for Bjelica (if Kings would consider it, and if I recall correct, I think a deal along these lines was well received from Kings fans).
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#10 » by Revenged25 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 pm

realEAST wrote:Not meaning to hijack a thread, but if Dallas decides to go this way and wants to clear cap space for 2021 while adding useful rentals, what about slight tweak enabling another move - add Marjanovic to this deal instead of J. Jackson, and then move J. Jackson + #31 for Bjelica (if Kings would consider it, and if I recall correct, I think a deal along these lines was well received from Kings fans).

Well J.Jackson is the main reason I'd want to do it as a Cavs fan.
realEAST
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by realEAST » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
realEAST wrote:Not meaning to hijack a thread, but if Dallas decides to go this way and wants to clear cap space for 2021 while adding useful rentals, what about slight tweak enabling another move - add Marjanovic to this deal instead of J. Jackson, and then move J. Jackson + #31 for Bjelica (if Kings would consider it, and if I recall correct, I think a deal along these lines was well received from Kings fans).

Well J.Jackson is the main reason I'd want to do it as a Cavs fan.

Fair enough, I considered him more of a salary filler tbh.
Texas Chuck

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:29 am

I've literally posted at least 5 different versions of Bjelica to Dallas. So I love it. I think the general consensus was the value is fine, but for that return they'd rather keep him and try and win and I'd agree with them. The version that seemed to work best was Dallas sending Jackson and their 1st and getting Bjelica and the Kings two decent 2nds back.

And while the main point of this deal for Dallas is just a salary dump, Drummond would be able to play some minutes. But if Bjelica was also on the team, I would think Drummond would rarely play.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,012

Post#13 » by vxmike » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:28 am

Good trade for both sides.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#14 » by gflem » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:36 pm

I like from Cleveland's perspective as I don't think Drummond will stay long term, and there should be some intriguing players like Jalen Smith or Jaden Mcdaniels available when Dallas picks. Honestly the Cavs aren't contending any time soon and this is the kind of deals they should be looking into, acquiring young players and assets for established players. Good trade!
realEAST
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by realEAST » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:00 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I've literally posted at least 5 different versions of Bjelica to Dallas. So I love it. I think the general consensus was the value is fine, but for that return they'd rather keep him and try and win and I'd agree with them. The version that seemed to work best was Dallas sending Jackson and their 1st and getting Bjelica and the Kings two decent 2nds back.

And while the main point of this deal for Dallas is just a salary dump, Drummond would be able to play some minutes. But if Bjelica was also on the team, I would think Drummond would rarely play.

I guess it would be hard to pull off both moves.
Agree that Drummond would likely play the least in case this happens, but would provide valuable minutes when Porzingis sits out due to rest.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:He says he wants to trade Drummond at the deadline for bad contracts and a 1st. I'll go him one better. I'll make the deal now so they immediately get the first.

Powell
Wright*
Jackson
2020 DAL 1st

for

Drummond

I doubt anyone gives up a first for Drummond unless it was a sign and trade on a team friendly contract.
CLE would do this pretty easily if they want to retain Tristan Thompson, but I think that ship has sailed.
Drummond might actually be part of Altmans long term plans as well since it has become abundantly clear that Gilbert has no problem paying big $ to anyone who is committed to Cavaliers basketball and so if Dre is, he might get a better contract in CLE than anyone thinks esp if Love gets traded at some point in the next 8 months.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 926

Post#17 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:13 pm

Love this deal. Would add the GSW 2nd rounder as well.

Return to Trades and Transactions