The finals is obviously going to be Bucks/Lakers

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Re: The finals is obviously going to be Bucks/Lakers 

Post#21 » by Sixerscan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:40 am

GSP wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Celtics have no one that is close to physically matching Giannis. The other top east teams have a shot if they can at least slow him down one on one enough to be able to stay home on everyone else. Bucks are the favorites though obviously.

Giannis has taken a dump on Philly outside of that Christmas game he was injured for. On paper Ben/Horford/Embiid seems great but in reality hes destroyed them

Bam Adebayo is like the only player in the conference who can at least guard him effectively. Maybe Marc but thats with alot more help

Simmons had what would have likely been a season ending injury like 2 minutes into the 3rd Bucks game.

Sixers also beat them last year in Milwaukee and then lost a close game without Butler in Philly.

Like I said it's not about stopping Giannis it's about being able to stay at home against their other guys.

The Sixers would certainly need to be a lot more consistent than they were during the year to have a shot though.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#22 » by bon » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:42 am

Just like last year was obviously going to be Bucks vs Warriors
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#23 » by JordansBulls » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:43 am

GSP wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:
GSP wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: if u think its any other possibility. Its not even close

Nba should just fast forward to the finals so a potential outbreak doesnt cancel the season. Rest of the season is pointless

You know ur scared of Philly dont lie

Hindenburg wrote:It will be Clippers vs Bucks or Philly

Philly

No trolling guys

Spurs vs Thunder met in 2012 and 2014 in the WCF.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#24 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:47 am

Clippers were missing two of their top 4 scorers and probably their best rebounder, the Clippers had 22 turnovers, Anthony Davis had one of his best games of the year, and the Lakers won on a flukey putback by Lebron. I'd be nervous if I were the Lakers. That won't hold in a 7-game series.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#25 » by Packbuckman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:15 am

bon wrote:Just like last year was obviously going to be Bucks vs Warriors

Who ever said that? The bucks were not a favorite that was the first year together and the farthest Giannis and the bucks have got together. They surprised everyone including me on how quick they got good. This year is totally different 2nd year together and Giannis and the rest of the bucks are more experienced.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#26 » by Ill News » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:17 am

jg77 wrote:Clippers didn't have Lou Williams or Harrell...I wouldn't take anything away from yesterday's game.

It doesn't matter if the Clippers have Lou Williams or Montresz Harrell. They still won't have an answer for Anthony freakin' Davis. Even if Kawhi and PG take turns nullifying LeBron (which is a long shot anyway because he can still impact the game with his playmaking), who's gonna guard AD?

Lakers are gonna win this whole damn thing and I'm going to hate it.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#27 » by 13th Man » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:26 am

Bucks vs. Clippers.

The Clippers have more guys that can step up while the Lakers are too dependent on AD and Lebron imo.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#28 » by SFour » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:28 am

Packbuckman wrote:

Who ever said that? The bucks were not a favorite that was the first year together and the farthest Giannis and the bucks have got together. They surprised everyone including me on how quick they got good. This year is totally different 2nd year together and Giannis and the rest of the bucks are more experienced.

stop trying to rewrite history....Bucks were definitely the favourites going into the ECF series by Vegas, the media, and the general basketball population, and also I saw MANY Bucks fans on here sayings Bucks in 4 or Bucks in 5....I can pull up the receipts if you want me to

ESPN had 13 votes for Bucks, and 7 for Raptors
Spoiler:
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#29 » by Ill News » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:34 am

SFour wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

stop trying to rewrite history....Bucks were definitely the favourites going into the ECF series by Vegas, the media, and the general basketball population, and also I saw MANY Bucks fans on here sayings Bucks in 4 or Bucks in 5....I can pull up the receipts if you want me to

Spoiler:

Yeah, lol at the revisionism. Bucks were the overwhelming favorites last year, and I still remember some Bucks fans bragging about how their team was one of the best of all time.

In all honesty though, if the Bucks just won that double-OT game 3 in the ECF, they wouldn't have been upset by the Raptors.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#30 » by SFour » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:46 am

Ill News wrote:
SFour wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Spoiler:

Yeah, lol at the revisionism. Bucks were the overwhelming favorites last year, and I still remember some Bucks fans bragging about how their team was one of the best of all time.

In all honesty though, if the Bucks just won that double-OT game 3 in the ECF, they wouldn't have been upset by the Raptors.

Middleton with the big time 3-16 choke in 44 minutes in game 3....then you have Bledsoe averaging 10 points on 29% shooting and 17% from 3pt.......if Lowry and Demar did that they wouldn't hear the end of it.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#31 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:48 am

Obviously ? No. Likely? yes. Lakers clippers is gonna be a great tough series. Don’t think u can say either team is clearly better than the other. Bucks meanwhile are clearly best team in the east.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#32 » by Packbuckman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:17 am

SFour wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Spoiler:

Maybe after they won 60 games some did but it sure the hell wasn’t me or most bucks fans. Our best player was 24 years old and just had the best year of his career and having the most success in his career too. And in the first year with this coach and some of these players. After they went up 2-0 and went to overtime was I hopeful and had confidence hell ya wouldn’t you. But in the end they were a young team just getting started including Giannis. This year I expect them to win it all period. No matter what LA team we play.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#33 » by Lalouie » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:20 am

:) :) :) ummm. the clips played without williams and montrez, sonny
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#34 » by Jables » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:24 am

Exactly, people are idiots to write off teams in both conferences. All people can do is look at regular season records and pretend they have some deep insight that goes beyond that.
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#35 » by DS17 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:30 am

Don't count the clippers out:/ (unfortunately) :(
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,221

Post#36 » by monopoman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:32 am

I got a better idea just crown Bucks as the champs with MVP and Finals MVP for Giannis this thing is done wrap it up boys. Send every team home they have a nice long vacation until next season.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#37 » by everdiso » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:34 am

Eking out a win against the celtics is not exactly an indicator that you'll skate to the finals.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Post#38 » by KingDavid » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:10 am

GSP wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: if u think its any other possibility. Its not even close

Nba should just fast forward to the finals so a potential outbreak doesnt cancel the season. Rest of the season is pointless

All it takes is an injury...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#39 » by Dnt hate » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:35 am

GSP wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Celtics have no one that is close to physically matching Giannis. The other top east teams have a shot if they can at least slow him down one on one enough to be able to stay home on everyone else. Bucks are the favorites though obviously.

Giannis has taken a dump on Philly outside of that Christmas game he was injured for. On paper Ben/Horford/Embiid seems great but in reality hes destroyed them

Bam Adebayo is like the only player in the conference who can at least guard him effectively. Maybe Marc but thats with alot more help

I feel sorry for u lol
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,379

Post#40 » by Myth » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:42 am

Barring injury/Covid

Return to The General Board