Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,431

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#1801 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:01 am

othawhitemeat wrote:
the ultimates wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:The fact that we couldn't land Trae or Luka is gonna set us back atleast 5 good seasons.....

I'm so glad we got a new GM. We need better moves to be made.

Wendell isn't in the same league as either player.

Nobody ever said, thought, or gave the impression that Wendell would be. The Bulls didn't have the assets to trade to move up for either Young or Doncic. You can blame management for a lot of things but blaming them for not drafting players who weren't on the board when they picked is unnecessary.

I thought we xould have had either by using the 22nd pick we used on Chandler Hutch.

The Bulls had no trade partner. Atlanta was all in on Trae Young and they were not going to move back to #7 which would have been after Orlando picked, who would've selected Young.

The Bulls simply lucked out.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1802 » by rtblues » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:49 am

rtblues wrote:Leandro Bolmaro - FC Barcelona - 19 years old - 6-6/180 - SG
Not a perfect player, but I do see a lot of upside here. Good skill-set.
Playing against grown-ass men in the best league in Europe at 19.
Lacks some athletic ability, but he can defend. He seems to find a way.
A poor-man's Luka?

Here's a bit on him:

Here's a post from April that I posted that was shot-down/ignored. Now I am seeing his name is back in the discussion.
He's got a unique skill set, size and just didn't get much coverage in the USA.
Thinking about how the Rui Hachimora pick at #9 was scoffed at when he selected and how Rui looks to be a pretty good pick at 9.
Of course there were some decent names after him, but few thought Hirro would be as good as he's been. Anyways, I see Bolmaro having a career as rotation player on good teams, and a possible starter on a bad team. Not saying he's great but gotta look under every rock in the draft since it's very important when you have little-to-no-chance of signing any name F/As, so gotta get it right.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#1803 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:27 pm

the ultimates wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:The fact that we couldn't land Trae or Luka is gonna set us back atleast 5 good seasons.....

Nobody ever said, thought, or gave the impression that Wendell would be. The Bulls didn't have the assets to trade to move up for either Young or Doncic. You can blame management for a lot of things but blaming them for not drafting players who weren't on the board when they picked is unnecessary.

The problem was picking #7 in the first place. First year of a rebuild we should have been picking top 4.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#1804 » by Dresden » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:27 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

The problem was picking #7 in the first place. First year of a rebuild we should have been picking top 4.

It could have been worse- we could have traded up and taken Bamba.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1805 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:26 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
othawhitemeat wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

I thought we xould have had either by using the 22nd pick we used on Chandler Hutch.

The Bulls had no trade partner. Atlanta was all in on Trae Young and they were not going to move back to #7 which would have been after Orlando picked, who would've selected Young.

The Bulls simply lucked out.

Story of last 22 years
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#1806 » by kodo » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:05 pm

othawhitemeat wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

Atlanta has no reason to take the #7 + #22 when Dallas offered #5 + 2 future 1st rounders from a terrible team, projected to be top 10 picks at the time.

Even if Chicago offered our own two future 1st rounders, we're still worse because Dallas can give #5 over #7.

This doesn't even take into account what Orlando offered for Doncic, starting with #6.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1807 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:40 pm

I kinda get the fascination with Wiseman. I mean, you can't teach size, and he could become a defensive anchor while still being a skilled offensive player (while that's really hard to assess in 3 college games).

But having the NBA back and watching all of these wings/guards running endless P&R among them, scoring in bunches and having a single 6'9 guy as a "center" really reminds me why using high picks on bigs is a dangerous proposition in building a team.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1808 » by Andi Obst » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:59 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:But having the NBA back and watching all of these wings/guards running endless P&R among them, scoring in bunches and having a single 6'9 guy as a "center" really reminds me why using high picks on bigs is a dangerous proposition in building a team.

Yup, which is exactly why I don't get the fascination with Wiseman.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#1809 » by Chi town » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:43 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:But having the NBA back and watching all of these wings/guards running endless P&R among them, scoring in bunches and having a single 6'9 guy as a "center" really reminds me why using high picks on bigs is a dangerous proposition in building a team.

Yup, which is exactly why I don't get the fascination with Wiseman.

Wouldn’t touch Wiseman and I’m all for trading WCJ and Lauri for a solid return. Don’t see them ever succeeding together.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1810 » by No-Man » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:37 am

My Bulls' centric Draft board would be (let's say top10 cause it's unlikely you drop 4 spots really, although possible)

LaMelo Ball
Obi Toppin/Deni Avdija (can't decide, have Toppin ahead but Deni would require less moving pieces)

gap

Aleksej Pokusevski (via trade down)
Anthony Edwards

gap

Killian Hayes
Devin Vassell/Patrick Williams (probably via trade down)
Grant Riller (via trade down)
Cole Anthony
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1811 » by No-Man » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:41 am

Bolmaro is decently athletic, he just can't shoot
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#1812 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:32 pm

I have a feelings AK is fully aware of Aleksej Pokusevski.

And that excites me.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1813 » by StunnerKO » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:52 pm

CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#1814 » by CoreyVillains » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:21 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:I kinda get the fascination with Wiseman. I mean, you can't teach size, and he could become a defensive anchor while still being a skilled offensive player (while that's really hard to assess in 3 college games).

But having the NBA back and watching all of these wings/guards running endless P&R among them, scoring in bunches and having a single 6'9 guy as a "center" really reminds me why using high picks on bigs is a dangerous proposition in building a team.

To be fair. Joel Embiid did just put up 41 and 21 and was +21 last night. It’s a risk with Wiseman but I think he’s one of the guys where the risk is worth taking.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1815 » by Andi Obst » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:28 pm

CoreyVillains wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:I kinda get the fascination with Wiseman. I mean, you can't teach size, and he could become a defensive anchor while still being a skilled offensive player (while that's really hard to assess in 3 college games).

To be fair. Joel Embiid did just put up 41 and 21 and was +21 last night. It’s a risk with Wiseman but I think he’s one of the guys where the risk is worth taking.

I mean, yeah, but Wiseman is not even close to being Embiid as a talent IMO. Wiseman just doesn't have the skill Embiid showed pre-draft. On both ends, too.

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant

Post#1816 » by StunnerKO » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:37 pm

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant

Post#1817 » by StunnerKO » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:01 pm

Wiseman does have similarities to Whiteside with possibly a lil more offensive upside in terms of shooting
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1818 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:53 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:

I mean, yeah, but Wiseman is not even close to being Embiid as a talent IMO. Wiseman just doesn't have the skill Embiid showed pre-draft. On both ends, too.

Say what now? Wiseman is a better prospect than Embiid coming out.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1819 » by Andi Obst » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:55 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:

I will completely disagree on that. Wiseman is nowhere near Embiid in terms of skill for me. If he was, he would be going first in this draft with no questions asked.

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1820 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:59 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

I will completely disagree on that. Wiseman isn't close to Embiid for me. If he was, he would be going first in this draft with no questions asked.

You must remember Embiid's draft year wrong then. He had question marks all around him.
Had a questionable offensive game(his best season was 13 ppg in his senior year of HS), the defense was seen as something that would translate but they weren't sure he could be a DPOY candidate or just solid.
Injury concerns, maturity concerns and etc.

If Wiseman played a full season, he's probably going #1. That's not a slight at Edwards either.
The question about Wiseman is the small sample size and can his offensive game translate to the current structure of the NBA.

Return to Chicago Bulls