How big is the talent gap between Kawhi and Paul George? Which player is more important to Clippers?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

How big is the talent gap between Kawhi Leonard and Paul George?

Kawhi is significantly better
62%
Kawhi is slightly better
28%
Both players are pretty much equal in talent
6%
Paul George is slightly better
3%
Paul George is significantly better
2%

Total votes: 289

Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer
And1: 962

How big is the talent gap between Kawhi and Paul George? Which player is more important to Clippers? 

Post#1 » by Rodwilliams » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:55 am

How big is the talent gap between them? Is it significant or slightly? Which player is more important to the team
Harry Garris wrote: Curry can turn non playoff teams into title contenders.

Not if the team doesn’t have elite defenders[/quote]
What a pointless statement.Every Finals team had elite role players[/quote]
Rodwilliams wrote:Duh!Thats what I just said. Eat your own words
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,311

Re: How big is the talent gap between Kawhi and Paul George? Which player is more important to Clippers? 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:26 am

I picked kawhi is slightly better. If PG had Kawhi's strength then theyd be about the same player with an edge to PG possibly. Come playoff time, give me Kawhi no doubt.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Re: How big is the talent gap between Kawhi and Paul George? Which player is more important to Clippers? 

Post#3 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:39 am

Kawhi > George.

Kawhi is on another level in my opinion, he just gets the job done. I'm biased of course.

Watching him play for the Raptors was incredible, there was never a moment I thought we were out of any game. He would just find his way to his spot, pull up, and get a bucket.
Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer
And1: 962

Post#4 » by Rodwilliams » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:53 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:Kawhi > George.

Kawhi is on another level in my opinion, he just gets the job done. I'm biased of course.

Watching him play for the Raptors was incredible, there was never a moment I thought we were out of any game. He would just find his way to his spot, pull up, and get a bucket.

Playoffs hasn’t started yet but The Raptors look pretty good this season without him
Harry Garris wrote: Curry can turn non playoff teams into title contenders.

Not if the team doesn’t have elite defenders[/quote]
What a pointless statement.Every Finals team had elite role players[/quote]
Rodwilliams wrote:Duh!Thats what I just said. Eat your own words
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#5 » by SFour » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:01 am

wait until the playoffs and you'll see
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,261

Post#6 » by picc » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:01 am

Kawhi is more consistent. Talent is comparable with maybe even edge to George, but Kawhi is more reliable flat out.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#7 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:03 am

Kawhi is very clearly a better basketball player. I wouldn’t call it a massive gap between the two, but it’s the difference between a guy who’s arguably the best in the world, and a guy who’s top 10 (or so). Kawhi at his best, is one of the ATG playoff performers — fully capable of leading a team to a title. PG has shown no such resiliency/capability.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,452

Post#8 » by Pelly24 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:51 am

I think physically, Kawhi is freakishly stronger and has a better first step and more complete control over his body.

Kawhi doesn't look super quick,but if you pay attention, you'll notice that for whatever reason, he's able to get past whoever is defending him at will. That makes hima much more consistent scorer than PG, who settles for a lot of jumpers. I'd say Kawhi is a better athlete than PG and that makes enough difference.

Kawhi's handle is also more advanced. Kawhi can get to where he wants a lot of the time and he can hit whatever shot he needs to.

PG has a prettier game to me and he confuses people because sometimes he looks like a top 5 player, but he also has valleys where he's a top 20 or so player instead. It's because he's not a great driver.

Kawhi when he's healthy never drops below a top 7 or 8 player. But in the playoffs he was ismply the best player and that's something PG has never shown.

It's not particularly close to me. Kawhi is a top 3 player. PG is a top 12-15 player.
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,547

Post#9 » by baller16 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:53 am

Kawhi is way better. Don't be fooled by the regular season, Kawhi will show up in the playoffs as usual
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Post#10 » by Jcity08 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:25 am

Kawhi is the better of the two, not a knock on George.

If you were given the choice to take Kawhi or take George on your team right now, no strings attached, but not both. How many would pick George?

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#11 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:33 am

I'm shocked so many votes for slightly better. Kawhi is the better defender, playmaker ,rebounder , offensive player , physical profile and intangibles All this with a bad leg. Kawhi a legit top 3 player canidate. PG13 fridge top 10. Kawhi is at least a tier and a half better than PG13 IMO.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#12 » by drosereturn » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:46 am

Kawhi is way better but they are close in that they are top 10 players. George is the better shooter and arguably better handles.
Also more durable and can defend larger players.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#13 » by SaveTheHens » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:56 am

Kawhi is steady af, George is more important to the clippers in terms of getting the most out of him. I think he's a top 5 player in the playoffs, when he rises things up a notch. Kawhi & especially Doc need to make George feel comfortable out there and that he's getting enough looks, he's the most underrated sueprstar out there but the two of them will wreck havoc in the playoffs.
blackcosmos
Junior
And1: 407

Post#14 » by blackcosmos » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:18 am

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks PG is kinda overrated. he isn't the same player after that major injury.

he had 4 straight 1st round exits , and Indy replace him with Diop found similar success
Odinn21
Analyst
And1: 2,937

Post#15 » by Odinn21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:27 am

These numbers are pretty telling.

https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612746/onoffcourt-summary/?sort=DIFF_NET_RATING&dir=1
http://nbashotcharts.com/rapm?id=1734747951

George is a very good player. But Leonard is at least two tiers above.
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#16 » by Quiet-Dude » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:53 am

I believe Raptors played better without Kawhi last year too. Their ball movement was top tier.

Lets see how that ball movement looks during the playoffs though.
Klaw basketball
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:48 pm

Rodwilliams wrote:How big is the talent gap between them? Is it significant or slightly? Which player is more important to the team

Kawhi is elevnty billion imess better. Better on D helps the team more on D. better on O make sthe team better on O.

George is a career losers who consistenly makes everyone worse
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#18 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:22 pm

Kawhi's handle is much tighter, and in combination with his strength he can get pretty much anywhere he needs to on the floor. Can't say the same for PG, but PG is definitely the better volume outside shooter.

They're equally important to the Clippers championship run, but Kawhi is the better player. I don't think it's even close. He's just more competitive and resolute.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#19 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:34 pm

Paul George scares nobody. He wouldn’t lead any team to jack. Let’s be real folks, this isn’t even a comparison. Kawhi is better in every aspect outside of maybe playmaking.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#20 » by The_Hater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:39 pm

Paul George is a very good player but do we really need a poll to answer his question?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to The General Board