James harden is unstoppable!!!

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

bballgod07
Sophomore
And1: 161

James harden is unstoppable!!! 

Post#1 » by bballgod07 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:49 pm

49 points 9 rebounds 8 assists 3 steals 3 blocks when getting double-teamed 3 quarters straight.

Average 35 PPG while getting double-teamed from half court the entire season....they force him off the ball and he still score at an all time high...imagine LeBron having to give up the ball everytime at half court or any other players.

Not even a fan of Harden, but this guy is unstoppable. No hates please.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,305

Re: James harden is unstoppable!!! 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:52 pm

Harden is just a beast. How can you score 49 points while being forced to give the ball up so damn much lol.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#3 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:52 pm

The only thing that can stop James Harden is realizing it's the playoffs.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#4 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:54 pm

Harden is no doubt highly skilled, just can’t stand his style of play. But the dude can ball, no doubt.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#5 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:57 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:The only thing that can stop James Harden is realizing it's the playoffs.

It's not like harden was losing to teams they were favoured against. They were losing to the most stacked teams of all time (Gstate with Durant) and giving them their hardest fought series of the entire playoffs (minus 2019 of course).

When he starts choking like Westbrook and PG did the past few years then let's talk.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,323

Post#6 » by CptCrunch » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:59 pm

Not the MVP however. Pushy boy has him beat.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#7 » by youngcrev » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:05 pm

CptCrunch wrote:Not the MVP however. Pushy boy has him beat.

Who?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#8 » by j-ragg » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:06 pm

Benedict_Boozer wrote:Harden is no doubt highly skilled, just can’t stand his style of play. But the dude can ball, no doubt.

Yup. Guy is a great scorer, one of the best ever, I just hate watching the Rockets on offense when he has the ball.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:09 pm

Harden’s 1st quarter last night was as good as any quarter of basketball I’ve ever watched for a single player.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
bballgod07
Sophomore

Post#10 » by bballgod07 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:13 pm

The_Hater wrote:Harden’s 1st quarter last night was as good as any quarter of basketball I’ve ever watched for a single player.

You literally cannot let him go 1v1 anymore...ever...
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#11 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:15 pm

The_Hater wrote:Harden’s 1st quarter last night was as good as any quarter of basketball I’ve ever watched for a single player.

Watch this then lol.

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#12 » by The_Hater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:19 pm

I watched that Thompson game as well, no doubt it ranks up there.

In the 1st quarter Harden had 23 points on just 6 shots. 6-6 FG. 9-9 FT. 3 assts and 0 TO’s. He was virtually flawless.

Tor_Raps wrote:

Watch this then lol.

AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#13 » by LeMasta » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:19 pm

the majority of NBA fans regardless of how they think about his playstyle can still agree that he's one of the all time great scorers. The one thing people want to see from him is to perform at the same level come playoff time
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#14 » by Optms » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:42 pm

The_Hater wrote:I watched that Thompson game as well, no doubt it ranks up there.

In the 1st quarter Harden had 23 points on just 6 shots. 6-6 FG. 9-9 FT. 3 assts and 0 TO’s. He was virtually flawless.

Tor_Raps wrote:

Watch this then lol.

I didn't watch the game but 9-9 Free throws? Really? I don't even know where to begin. lol
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#15 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:43 pm

bballgod07 wrote:49 points 9 rebounds 8 assists 3 steals 3 blocks when getting double-teamed 3 quarters straight.

Average 35 PPG while getting double-teamed from half court the entire season....they force him off the ball and he still score at an all time high...imagine LeBron having to give up the ball everytime at half court or any other players.

Double and triple him all the time is probably a very wrong way to defend him. LeBron will hurt you a lot when you double team him anywhere on the court. Unless he's really hot with his shot, anytime someone tried this it ended up being very bad. He is tall and his passes are bullets. He'll find the right player and at the right time, he's strong and big enough to not give up the ball just to anyone he can.

Harden is obviously diferent from James. Doubling him makes a lot more sense.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
bballgod07
Sophomore

Post#16 » by bballgod07 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:50 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:
bballgod07 wrote:49 points 9 rebounds 8 assists 3 steals 3 blocks when getting double-teamed 3 quarters straight.

Double and triple him all the time is probably a very wrong way to defend him. LeBron will hurt you a lot when you double team him anywhere on the court. Unless he's really hot with his shot, anytime someone tried this it ended up being very bad. He is tall and his passes are bullets. He'll find the right player and at the right time, he's strong and big enough to not give up the ball just to anyone he can.

Not when you are forced to give up the ball before anything is even set up. LeBron does not have the speed, the dribble skill and range like harden. LeBron has been extremely blessed to have played with 2 all stars all of his career. Harden would be godlike if he had Klay and curry next to him...he will have all the room in the world to operate.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#17 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:56 pm

bballgod07 wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:

Not when you are forced to give up the ball before anything is even set up. LeBron does not have the speed, the dribble skill and range like harden. LeBron has been extremely blessed to have played with 2 all stars all of his career. Harden would be godlike if he had Klay and curry next to him...he will have all the room in the world to operate.

Some of us were alive when he 1st played in Cleveland, when he took an injured squad to the finals in 15 or when he delivered in 18.

Harden obviously has a lower gravity center than LeBron, and his crossovers are better than LeBron's because of that. Harden is also a guy who shoots better specially from the dribble than LeBron. Playmaking wise? It's not close. The gap is really big for LeBron.

You double him full court... it's OK. He'll go out there and establish position to get the ball later in half court. He's big. That's like saying Shaq can't get the ball in the post if you double him full court. It makes absolutely zero sense.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,404

Post#18 » by MalonesElbows » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:00 pm

Hoping the Jazz can avoid this guy in the first round.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#19 » by JN61 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:01 pm

He was a big ball stopper at start of the season. However I'm glad he is slowly learning to play with Westbrook, and allowing his game to come to him while not being such a ball stopper. He still does good handful of times total stopping of plays per game but it has significantly gone down. I hope he continues to rely on his teammates and take what offense gives to him (allow yourself to be assisted) + occasional dribble iso play.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#20 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:05 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Harden is just a beast. How can you score 49 points while being forced to give the ball up so damn much lol.

Maybe because the Mavs didn't really play much defense?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to The General Board