ImageImageImageImageImage

Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion 

Post#1 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion 

Post#2 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:59 pm

Perry isn't necessarily wrong in every circumstance, but I think once a young player falls out of the rotation or clearly loses confidence, a stint could have been helpful.

Categorizing it as a "demotion" harmful.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Re: Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion 

Post#3 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:01 pm

Don’t fall for the Berman trap
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Post#4 » by mpharris36 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:10 pm

GONYK wrote:Perry isn't necessarily wrong in every circumstance, but I think once a young player falls out of the rotation or clearly loses confidence, a stint could have been helpful.

I think one has to ask themself is the demotion more harmful to the player or the person involved in drafting said player?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#5 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:14 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Perry isn't necessarily wrong in every circumstance, but I think once a young player falls out of the rotation or clearly loses confidence, a stint could have been helpful.

I think one has to ask themself is the demotion more harmful to the player or the person involved in drafting said player?

Correct.

Framing it that way is CYA corporate nonsense.

THJ would be in Italy right now if Bud didn't send him to the G League.

Mills and Perry should have known that as much as anyone.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#6 » by Phish Tank » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:16 pm

There are plenty of issues with Perry, but G-League utilization (especially for lotto picks) is the least of my concerns.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#7 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:19 pm

I hope this isn't painted as a black and white issue here. You can’t just play heavy handed and send a guy down against their and/or their agents wishes. I mean maybe the CBA allows for it. I dunno. But we have some impressionable fragility on the roster; we all know the guys I’m talking about. The risk of losing (if we force them to go down) them is real.

We already aren't seen as a very player centric organization. And the spotlight is huge here. With such young players you have to take all things into consideration. So if the player scoffs at the idea of a send down you have to be accommodatingly mindful....so please let’s not make this “wake up Scott” issue.

I always respect when you hear the stories of the player (like Dot) wanting to be sent down just so he can hoop.
But you can’t really hard line these guys in this instance.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#8 » by Capn'O » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:20 pm

Off with his head.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Post#9 » by mpharris36 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:26 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Correct.

Framing it that way is CYA corporate nonsense.

THJ would be in Italy right now if Bud didn't send him to the G League.

Mills and Perry should have known that as much as anyone.

100% and that means I can't him as long as he's here. If he is too worried about his own job secruity of the success of a player future...because the optics of sending a lottery pick to the g-league is bad. Then he shouldn't be in a position of power to begin with.

The raptors, spurs, jazz all great developmental teams utilize the g-league to better there young players...because on court minutes are important. We didn't because it looked bad on our front office. That is a disgrace.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,285

Post#10 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:34 pm

We don’t need any more evidence to know that Perry is an awful executive. This is just the cherry on top.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#11 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:54 pm

When Robinson and Perry both get axed, is that too big of a demotion?
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#12 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:08 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:When Robinson and Perry both get axed, is that too big of a demotion?

Robinson already gone
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#14 » by Infinitimind » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:19 pm

:roll:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:We don’t need any more evidence to know that Perry is an awful executive. This is just the cherry on top.

He has never been part of development organization. He needs gtfo. We need to hired people with a focus on development. I would love to add Rod Strickland to the development team. Go after New Orleans shooting coach who fixed Ingram and lonzo shot. And I would also throw a ton of money Harley and Mosley for top assistants roles.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,636

Post#15 » by DaGawd » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:32 pm

This is pretty damming info on Perry. So many teams have used the g league to a great advantage.. Yet we couldn't because......???
BaF
Washington Wizards
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#16 » by Capn'O » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:46 pm

DaGawd wrote:This is pretty damming info on Perry. So many teams have used the g league to a great advantage.. Yet we couldn't because......???

Because feelings.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,479

Post#17 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:48 pm

I don’t know of any recent lottery picks like our guys going to the G lg. He used it for the right guys like Dotson, Brazdiekis, Wooten etc.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#18 » by Garbagelo » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:51 pm

I thought Robinson was worthless

Turned out he was an actual voice of reason

Always knew Perry was just a self promoting sycophant
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#19 » by F N 11 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:13 pm

Capn'O wrote:
DaGawd wrote:This is pretty damming info on Perry. So many teams have used the g league to a great advantage.. Yet we couldn't because......???

Because feelings.

Feelings, fan reaction, and NY media.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#20 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:18 pm

Freckles did a few good things. Mills was cleary useless.

I doubt Rose inherits the cap space and amount of picks he has without Perry's prior actions. And Perry did get Mitch and Iggy at really high draft positions which was pretty awesome.

That said, off with his head!

Return to New York Knicks