bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#541 » by bondom34 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Bad Gatorade wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Bad Gatorade wrote:So, it looks like Basketball-Reference's play index is soon to become a subscription service...

Any chance NBA.com improves their search mechanism? :cry:

Seriously? The play index was the best feature by far, it's the reason I started using sports reference back in like 2008.

Likewise (probably roughly 2008 for me too, in fact, although I was on other sites like 82games before then) - Play Index is honestly such a fantastic feature, especially in recent years when they added things such as the lineup and plus/minus finder too.

Here's their explanation:
https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2020/05/play-index-tools-are-moving-to-stathead-com/

In summary:
* They don't want to have their site packed with advertising and they're apparently losing money on the Play Index feature
* Subscription is $8 a month (which is $12 a month down under, aka, the rough equivalent of something like Netflix for me) for just basketball
* $16 a month for the Play Index for all sports they provide (rather than just basketball)

Well, it happened today.

https://stathead.com/basketball/psl_finder.cgi

Sigh.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#542 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:37 am

eminence wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I weigh less than I have in a decade because of this damn quarantine.

I have the opposite problem.

I been trapped in the house since March so over the last month or so I've been walking like 10+ miles a day because I ran out of things to do in the house, and I don't snack so it's not like I'm eating more. I usually eat poorly when I'm out the house (like getting lunch everyday at work) but since I'm stuck at home I've just been buying healthy groceries and lean meat.

My job is making us go back into the office soon so I'm thinking I'll start going to the gym when that happens since I'll be out of my professional quarantine anyway. I gotta put on at least 15 lbs back. I've lost damn near 50 lbs in quarantine so far, a large amount of it muscle.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#543 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:40 pm

Apparently usc frat row had an outbreak

One of my suitemate is in a frat and is there all the tume

And the apartment I live at that i signed (precovid) is where greeklifers who dont live at the houses live at

And i know for a fact some of them dont wear masks (idk if my suitemate does)

Not ideal
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#544 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:44 pm

E-Balla wrote:
eminence wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I weigh less than I have in a decade because of this damn quarantine.

I been trapped in the house since March so over the last month or so I've been walking like 10+ miles a day because I ran out of things to do in the house, and I don't snack so it's not like I'm eating more. I usually eat poorly when I'm out the house (like getting lunch everyday at work) but since I'm stuck at home I've just been buying healthy groceries and lean meat.

My job is making us go back into the office soon so I'm thinking I'll start going to the gym when that happens since I'll be out of my professional quarantine anyway. I gotta put on at least 15 lbs back. I've lost damn near 50 lbs in quarantine so far, a large amount of it muscle.

If u lose muscle u gain it back like mad, i havent worked out about two months before quarentine and got pretty skinny, 3 days of working out and eating somwhat healthy (but not bulking, lean bulking at most but prolly was eating below maintainence) and i was noticably bigger already, its faster than noob gains

I stopped because i got lazy and ill im trying to get is a jawline over getting ripped but still
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#545 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:00 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
eminence wrote:

If u lose muscle u gain it back like mad, i havent worked out about two months before quarentine and got pretty skinny, 3 days of working out and eating somwhat healthy (but not bulking, lean bulking at most but prolly was eating below maintainence) and i was noticably bigger already, its faster than noob gains

I stopped because i got lazy and ill im trying to get is a jawline over getting ripped but still

I don't care about getting ripped. Just don't like being weak. Like my bench needs to be 225 at least, squat 350 at least, etc. I gotta get my minimum standards back.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#546 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:58 pm

E-Balla wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I been trapped in the house since March so over the last month or so I've been walking like 10+ miles a day because I ran out of things to do in the house, and I don't snack so it's not like I'm eating more. I usually eat poorly when I'm out the house (like getting lunch everyday at work) but since I'm stuck at home I've just been buying healthy groceries and lean meat.

I don't care about getting ripped. Just don't like being weak. Like my bench needs to be 225 at least, squat 350 at least, etc. I gotta get my minimum standards back.

Strength prolly comes back faster than physique does, at least to a certain standard

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#547 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:49 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

Strength prolly comes back faster than physique does, at least to a certain standard

Yeah. I've always been one for functional strength over physique. Looking good is cool but I'm sexy anyway. :D
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#548 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:53 am

Did tiktok really just get banned

Well i guess young people r gonna vote lol

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,515

Post#549 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:57 pm

Rob Manfred is a horrible commissioner. Don't tell the local ratings are still good, the MLB's process is flawed and they will soon be an NHL sized sport at this pace. A cheating scandal, juiced balls and a soon to be cancelled season is a deep blow to credibility.

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Did tiktok really just get banned

Looks like it will be sold to Microsoft.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#550 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:24 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Rob Manfred is a horrible commissioner. Don't tell the local ratings are still good, the MLB's process is flawed and they will soon be an NHL sized sport at this pace. A cheating scandal, juiced balls and a soon to be cancelled season is a deep blow to credibility.

That was b4 it got banned i think

Is it spyware, yeah, lowkey the memes there were plus ultra good

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#551 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:09 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Rob Manfred is a horrible commissioner. Don't tell the local ratings are still good, the MLB's process is flawed and they will soon be an NHL sized sport at this pace. A cheating scandal, juiced balls and a soon to be cancelled season is a deep blow to credibility.

Yeah, MLB is going to take a hit - though it is worth mentioning it's much harder to do a bubble for MLB than say, the NBA or NHL.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#552 » by Goudelock » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:27 pm

Not sure how many baseball fans are on here, but the Baseball Prosepctus is probably the most comprehensive book about a sport I've ever seen. It's like reading a Concordance of the Bible, except it's about baseball.

And on that note, Vlad Guerrero Jr. needs to stop hitting so many damn ground balls.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#553 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:27 am

Watching nate robinson get knocked out by the most obnoxious youtuber on the planet in 1 round is gonna be pretty sad to watch

HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#554 » by HeartBreakKid » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:58 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Watching nate robinson get knocked out by the most obnoxious youtuber on the planet in 1 round is gonna be pretty sad to watch

RJJ vs Tyson is more sad... don't want to see RJJ in his 50s lol.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#555 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Aug 9, 2020 11:30 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:Watching nate robinson get knocked out by the most obnoxious youtuber on the planet in 1 round is gonna be pretty sad to watch

Lol true, but i hate jake paul and him getting to beat the crap out of a hype player like nate is gonna suck to watxh since its prolly gonna be a 1 round KO

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,269

Post#556 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter

:(
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,229

Post#557 » by ardee » Sun Aug 9, 2020 10:48 pm

Chuck Schumer came out and said he thinks Tik Tok is dangerous too so it's bipartisan on this issue.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#558 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:51 am

ardee wrote:

Chuck Schumer came out and said he thinks Tik Tok is dangerous too so it's bipartisan on this issue.

Its dangerous but its fun, id assume 18-22 year olds would be triggered as hell regardless of their affilitation, can only hurt him imo

HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#559 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:43 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

Lol true, but i hate jake paul and him getting to beat the crap out of a hype player like nate is gonna suck to watxh since its prolly gonna be a 1 round KO

How long has Nate Robinson been training for? Jake Paul hasn't been boxing for too long and has only fought other e-celebs with his experience.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#560 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:43 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:RJJ vs Tyson is more sad... don't want to see RJJ in his 50s lol.

How long has Nate Robinson been training for? Jake Paul hasn't been boxing for too long and has only fought other e-celebs with his experience.

Im a huge KSI fan so i act fillow the youtube boxing scebe heavily

Nates been training for about a month or two, and its true Jake hasnt really fought anyone good. At the same time hes apparently better than his brother and id assume hes at least = to KSI

KSI imo kind of schmacked logan in the fight till the illegal blows happened and he still won 4 rounds clearly along with the knockdown that didnt count, so i do think hes a good deal better than logan, but while hes obviously no pro i do think hes definately above the basic amateur level, he looked crappy but at the very least in spars we know he knocked out a few amateur fighters and seen at least two of the knockdowns (allegedly he knocked out every single one except the pro he practiced with who obv schmacked him). One of them trains or trained in the mayweather gym so theres that. Its kinda hard to gauge since logan just ran away the ahole time

And from a training standpoint hes def much more well trained than the average amateur with his experience (3 years), as he's had a full legitimate boxing camp with the likes of jeff mayweather as one of his coaches (and they like lived together and he trained him exclusively for 1-2 months in vegas).

Obv its youtube boxing and not legitimate pro level stuff but KSI at the very least is at a decent amateur level, considering i doubt his camp lied about his sparring even if it was to hype him up because that isnt in his MO. His stamina and durabaility are also kind of wild, considering the shots he took and how he got up in like 2 seconds even with the back of the head shots as well. I dont think hes particularly gifted outside of being mentally strong and having high durabiltiy/toughness, but his work ethic + training opportunities (like training with the mayweathers and stuff) kind of just mean hes a great deal better than most boxers with his level of experience even if they are more talented than him. Its hard to gauge just how good he is because the logan fight was kind of weird, but the knockdown he got up from was kind of insane and he got up pretry instantly, and logan was putting him in a headlock every 5 seconds lol, but at the very least his stamina is kinda wild 264 punches in 6 rounds with like over 170 of them being haymakers from hell is pretty good id assume

Jake assumedly should be at or better than him during that fight atm, so id assume nate gets clapped, but both of the e celebrities jake fought were ksis younger brother who apparently got lazy and quit training midway through and anesongib who for some reason became a frog in the fight

Its also just a weight thing i feel, jakes 6ft-6ft1, nates 5ft8

Return to Player Comparisons