ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Thread 3: FIBA Frank Aftermath

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Re: Frank Thread 3: FIBA Frank Aftermath 

Post#741 » by a-French-Fan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Knox has no motor and has no definitive skill on either end of the floor. By comparison, Frank has always had his defensive prowess to depend on to distinguish himself and build confidence with no matter what his other struggles were.

Frank shows out as a fairly cerebral player who DOES understand the offensive schemes. He is actually quite competent at executing the PnR and high-low dish plays, but the stupid coaches somehow didn't emphasize these bread and butter plays. All told, Frank's hoops IQ is above average overall.

Knox has looked lost since he came into the league and there are not too many signs yet his hoops IQ are decent and merely waiting to be developed.

And Knox seems to lack the hunger. He seems like he's going through the motions a lot of the time, but I think much of that was always due to him now knowing WTF he's doing out there on the floor. It is hard to play with passion when you're a deer in the headlights.

If something clicks and he starts to understand the game, maybe Knox will come off as more engaged. So far he seems too detached to take that seriously.

Finally, Knox usually has some of the worst body language I've seen in a pro, EVER. He sulks, hangs his head, it is embarrassing. He seems like a ten year old too often and not a pro player.

Frank has had his moments where you question his motivation and hunger. He can be a bit passive. I remember some quotes of things Frank said (maybe he expressed himself poorly in English which is not his native language) where it seemed he was complacent and didn’t want to fight for his place in nba. However, I don’t think it’s a lack of motor thing with him like it is with Knox. I think it is more of a confidence and mindset thing on offense with Frank.

I understand that. I would like to see what a season under proper management and coaching will do for him. The way this franchise handled him was atrocious and it shouldn't be surprising if it got him down sometimes.

Sometimes Bad management get your motivation out.
Difference between Knox and Ntilikina is that Frank is an international player. When he was drafted, it was After a very long year with a U18 euro championships and french Pro A finals. And what did the Knicks? A lot of marketing with a 19 years old player, ans wanted him ready for NBA as soon as possible, so didn't let him having some break. That was very stupid, he didn't complain, but imagine what he could think about this. Then, his association with KP could be great, but KP injuried was traded for ... DSJ. How could he feel some trust from FO and coach ... So let's see what will happen now with a new management..
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,691

Post#742 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:51 am

Frank in the 93 percentile on corner 3s? :o :D

Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,434

Post#743 » by robillionaire » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:01 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Frank in the 93 percentile on corner 3s? :o :D

i think I looked it up and he shot 14-29 on them i'm not sure where they got 52% it's 48% on my math, but either way frooters are hyping up that stat a little bit too much. good for him and all but he made 14 of them it's a small sample size and overall he still only shot 32% on low volume. for all the crap RJ gets Frank was right there with him at 32%. So it is encouraging that he could make those, but he still has work to do. Unless they just want to try parking him in the corners and see what happens
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,480

Post#744 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Rooting for Frank to take the next leap under Thibs
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#745 » by Strick » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Rooting for Frank to take the next leap under Thibs

Inject this into my veins!!

On a serious note I do think Frank will have an opportunity for a lot of playing time whether it’s PG, off ball, or a combination. Hopefully he can have some of that offensive confidence transfer over from late this year. I also think your boy DSJ could have an opportunity for a bounce back if he comes focused and in shape. His style of play seems to be something Thibs knows how to utilize the well. I’d like to see him bounce back as well
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,480

Post#746 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Strick wrote:

On a serious note I do think Frank will have an opportunity for a lot of playing time whether it’s PG, off ball, or a combination. Hopefully he can have some of that offensive confidence transfer over from late this year. I also think your boy DSJ could have an opportunity for a bounce back if he comes focused and in shape. His style of play seems to be something Thibs knows how to utilize the well. I’d like to see him bounce back as well

I think the Knicks might be fixated on picking a PG in the draft so it would be nice to have a bench mob of Frank and DSJ leading it. Frank can even start at SG if he ever starts to be more consistent as a 3 point shooter and then perhaps DSJ as 6th man.

DSJ looks good right now, although I will lower my expectations on him based on offseason videos because of last year lol
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#747 » by Infinitimind » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Strick wrote:

I think the Knicks might be fixated on picking a PG in the draft so it would be nice to have a bench mob of Frank and DSJ leading it. Frank can even start at SG if he ever starts to be more consistent as a 3 point shooter and then perhaps DSJ as 6th man.

DSJ looks good right now, although I will lower my expectations on him based on offseason videos because of last year lol
Read on Twitter

We need to hire the best shooting coach money can buy to work with Frank and smith Jr. I would target New Orleans shooting coach, he fixed lonzo and Ingram shot. Now that that coach got fired I’m sure he out
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,349

Post#748 » by rajajackal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Infinitimind wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Strick wrote:Inject this into my veins!!

Read on Twitter

We need to hire the best shooting coach money can buy to work with Frank and smith Jr. I would target New Orleans shooting coach, he fixed lonzo and Ingram shot. Now that that coach got fired I’m sure he out

more important than shooting form/mechanics/coaching is the fact that Thibs will have players defending each other with in-game intensity at practice so their confidence and ability to take these shots won't be based on torching normies in the gym
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,306

Post#749 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Watching Frank's instagram it just occurred to me some of the shots in the video were a single motion from initiation to release. And I've often said there is too much hesitation in Frank's shooting despite always having a really nice release. So that's it basically. He needs to GO, JUST GO. Shoot it from the base of his feet right on through to when the ball leaves his fingertips in one action. He does that he'll have above average percentages.
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#750 » by Strick » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Watching Frank's instagram it just occurred to me some of the shots in the video were a single motion from initiation to release. And I've often said there is too much hesitation in Frank's shooting despite always having a really nice release. So that's it basically. He needs to GO, JUST GO. Shoot it from the base of his feet right on through to when the ball leaves his fingertips in one action. He does that he'll have above average percentages.

I agree completely. When he lets it fly without hesitation it looks really smooth actually. The problem is his unselfishness sets in frequently and he’ll start to shoot, stop and assess the floor, and then maybe realize he should have shot it, which results in an often rushed/less smooth motion
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,376
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#751 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 pm

Frank getting into an offensive rhythm with decent shooting and upping his defense
DSJ finding himself and his shot and playing up to his physical potential
Knox waking up, focusing, and playing with energy
Mitch making some shots, handling the ball, and playing even better man to man D
RJ getting the ball in good places to run downhill, with some shooters around for passing off
A better lottery ball number
Some great draft picks.
Signing a middling star who takes the next step in his career when we sign him, not 8 years before.

I know it's early, Santa, but with the mail being shut off, I couldn't wait until December to ask for my Christmas present. Can't we have this?

I not asking only for myself, Santa, but for the millions of long suffering souls who have gotten the ultimate lump of coal in our stockings every year from the cruel Dolan McScrooge.

Merry Christmas to us all. God bless us, everyone.

Your friend,

Tiny Tim (a/k/a BKlutch)

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,349

Post#752 » by rajajackal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:10 pm

BKlutch wrote:Frank getting into an offensive rhythm with decent shooting and upping his defense
DSJ finding himself and his shot and playing up to his physical potential
Knox waking up, focusing, and playing with energy
Mitch making some shots, handling the ball, and playing even better man to man D
RJ getting the ball in good places to run downhill, with some shooters around for passing off
A better lottery ball number
Some great draft picks.
Signing a middling star who takes the next step in his career when we sign him, not 8 years before.

I know it's early, Santa, but with the mail being shut off, I couldn't wait until December to ask for my Christmas present. Can't we have this?

I not asking only for myself, Santa, but for the millions of long suffering souls who have gotten the ultimate lump of coal in our stockings every year from the cruel Dolan McScrooge.

Merry Christmas to us all. God bless us, everyone.

Your friend,

Tiny Tim (a/k/a BKlutch)

bro trade nobody we're running DSJ/Frank/RJ/Deni/Mitch with Knox first off the bench :lol:
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#753 » by Juco24 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:26 pm

I know it's been said before but I haven't given up on Frank just yet. He had some decent moments towards the end of the year I'm hoping he can build on. He's not the kid looking like a deer in headlights anymore. I expect him to have a good season. Again, not sure I'd draft Hayes or Haliburton as opposed to depending on Frank. Just my .02
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#754 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#755 » by Polk377 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:24 pm

I am still die hard Frankie Smokes as the future of our PG spot. I think he will take big strides under Thibs and this coaching staff. He is starting to grow into a man and with that his confidence is growing. All of us Frank bandwagoners said pre draft that he was going to take a few years to grow into his game and I think this is his year. DO NOT draft another PG and focus on adding wings to spread the floor for that Frank-Mitch pick and roll game.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#756 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Polk377 wrote:I am still die hard Frankie Smokes as the future of our PG spot. I think he will take big strides under Thibs and this coaching staff. He is starting to grow into a man and with that his confidence is growing. All of us Frank bandwagoners said pre draft that he was going to take a few years to grow into his game and I think this is his year. DO NOT draft another PG and focus on adding wings to spread the floor for that Frank-Mitch pick and roll game.

Agreed. My hope is that Frank earns the starting PG job this year and keeps it and learns the subtleties if the position. I think he’s getting there.

Devin Vassell
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,114

Post#757 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 pm

man i really gotta get into the "editing workout vids for nba players" business, i already know how to use adobe premiere!
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#758 » by Polk377 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:I am still die hard Frankie Smokes as the future of our PG spot. I think he will take big strides under Thibs and this coaching staff. He is starting to grow into a man and with that his confidence is growing. All of us Frank bandwagoners said pre draft that he was going to take a few years to grow into his game and I think this is his year. DO NOT draft another PG and focus on adding wings to spread the floor for that Frank-Mitch pick and roll game.

Agreed. My hope is that Frank earns the starting PG job this year and keeps it and learns the subtleties if the position. I think he’s getting there.

Devin Vassell

I'm in for Vassell. He will fit nicely next to Frank and RJ. We would have a 3 headed defensive monster with Frank, Devin and Mitch.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#759 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Devin Vassell

I'm in for Vassell. He will fit nicely next to Frank and RJ. We would have a 3 headed defensive monster with Frank, Devin and Mitch.

Plus, he provides excellent 3-point shooting. From what I've read (not that I've read a lot), Vassell is someone we can plug in right away. Okoro also provides great defense but his shooting is meh. I don't know much about Nesmith.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#760 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:01 pm

Frankie's got the one-two combination but needs to (1) be able to do that from both stances, and (3) add that third punch to the combination and make it a 1-2-3.

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks