7-31 NBA Bubble GT (6 games)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 799

Re: 7-31 NBA Bubble GT (6 games) 

Post#881 » by Packbuckman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:41 pm

robbie84 wrote:my god the refs gave the Celtics a bad game.
How many lives does Giannis get? I hope this was just rust for the refs because they took the Celtics out of a real chance of winning that game IMO. Considering how poorly Tatum played too, it was a decent outing.

Whatever dude the way they let Smart play D he should have been called for multiple fouls on the bucks players. And they flop all game trying to get fouls on Giannis to get him out of the game. Giannis gets more foul calls then any other star player ever!
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#882 » by OldCeltics » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:09 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
How many lives does Giannis get? I hope this was just rust for the refs because they took the Celtics out of a real chance of winning that game IMO. Considering how poorly Tatum played too, it was a decent outing.

Whatever dude the way they let Smart play D he should have been called for multiple fouls on the bucks players. And they flop all game trying to get fouls on Giannis to get him out of the game. Giannis gets more foul calls then any other star player ever!

Celtics won vs. Bucks last night. Giannis fouled out 3 times, and they kept him in the game. :roll:

Smart is one of the best defenders in the league.

Giannis got star calls all night. He literally punched Theis in the stomach, and didn't get a foul. :D
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#883 » by Isocleas2 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:44 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Celtics won vs. Bucks last night. Giannis fouled out 3 times, and they kept him in the game. :roll:

Giannis got star calls all night. He literally punched Theis in the stomach, and didn't get a foul. :D

Celtics would be lucky to push the Bucks to 5 games, your team is trash and your star (Tatum) really isn't one. Smart was late in rotation when Giannis took off Smart was still on line, i know rules are confusing for you but maybe take a little refresher.

Here's an actual refresher on the rules;

"Do not post with the purposeful intent of coercing some form of response from other users. Do not make posts deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other users in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response."

Don't reply to this post; baiting.

-KD
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#884 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:50 pm

dockingsched wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Beacon wrote:I assume McGrady 13 points in 35 seconds was one of the 2 games.

With that amount of games, guessing that’s only for this season.

Nets losing to the heat was the other this year
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#885 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:51 pm

I think Tatums 2-18 brickfest is what cost boston... especially since if anything they got more borderline calls than the bucks did
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#886 » by Homer38 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Beacon wrote:I assume McGrady 13 points in 35 seconds was one of the 2 games.

With that amount of games, guessing that’s only for this season.

Nets losing to the heat was the other this year

And I think the crazy comeback by the kings vs wolves was the others
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 799

Post#887 » by Packbuckman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:47 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Giannis is probably the best defender in the league and He gets all these ticky tacky calls that smart and others don’t. Giannis open hand did catch Theis on the hip going around a screen it happens all the time with no foul called. The only reason they looked at it was Theis acting job my god it looked like he was shot. And the Celtic players were doing that to try and get Giannis out of the game.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#888 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:06 pm

"Foul 5"
And the "foul" or the Marcus Smart "kick" which didn't happen and was an egregious flop.
Boston fans don't want to mention either of these though, because then the Theis call would have been foul 4 or 5 instead of foul 6, and they'd all just have to sit down.

The Theis call was weird. I don't think you call that as that stage of the game for either team, but I'd understand it if they did. I thought for sure he was out given they'd stopped play for a "hostile act." Theis's reaction to what happened on the floor (which I do believe was played up, but that's the game) triggered the hostile act review rather than a referee seeing the play directly.

The Block on Smart was 100% correct. You cannot be moving and sliding into position when a player is in the air. When Giannis takes off, Smart is well within the circle. Anyone who thinks that's a charge is blind.

To get into a legal position, the defender needs to establish himself in the path of the offensive player before contact is made, thus “beating him to the spot,” and before he starts his upward shooting motion.

However, he must always allow an airborne offensive player the space to land.

That's a no, and it's a no. Block.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#889 » by 510TWSS » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:54 pm

Really glad I caught the end of Rockets-Mavs that last 2-3 minutes in the 4th was riveting. Crazy tip in by RoCo and really like the junkyard dog aspect in Tucker/Covington.

Luka and KP both had good nights as well, overall very entertaining. Trey Burke trying to make everyone remember his tourny run.
skones
RealGM

Post#890 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:33 pm

First angle looks incidental. The second looks egregious.

Read on Twitter
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,530

Post#891 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:24 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Rainwater wrote:I don't understand why the Mavs don't take advantage of the KP mismatch in the post. Always on the perimeter.

Because KP’s not efficient in the post. He’s better facing up, scoring in transition and spotting up. But his post-up skills are severely lacking. You’re expecting too much of him.

Whenever they got it to him in the post area he was fantastic but they went away from that.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#892 » by OldCeltics » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:14 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Giannis is probably the best defender in the league and He gets all these ticky tacky calls that smart and others don’t. Giannis open hand did catch Theis on the hip going around a screen it happens all the time with no foul called. The only reason they looked at it was Theis acting job my god it looked like he was shot. And the Celtic players were doing that to try and get Giannis out of the game.

Theis did 0 acting. He got punched in the gut by Giannis who should get suspended.

Your coaches attack on the victim, Theis in this case, should be investigated by league.

It was not a natural motion or defensive stance. Watch it again, he punched Theis.

Bucks are not a good team. Just team of thugs.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#893 » by OldCeltics » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:17 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Celtics would be lucky to push the Bucks to 5 games, your team is trash and your star (Tatum) really isn't one. Smart was late in rotation when Giannis took off Smart was still on line, i know rules are confusing for you but maybe take a little refresher.

lol. Just Bucks being Bucks. Those antlers get in the way of using brain. Theis got punched, and Smart had position. This game is proof Celtics are clearly better than Milwaukee beer. Well all beer is.
skones
RealGM

Post#894 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:32 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Theis did 0 acting. He got punched in the gut by Giannis who should get suspended.

Your coaches attack on the victim, Theis in this case, should be investigated by league.

It was not a natural motion or defensive stance. Watch it again, he punched Theis.

OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#895 » by OldCeltics » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:35 pm

skones wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:

Our best player Tatum was 1-17, and our 2nd best player Walker was restricted to 20 min. Bucks and Celtics were tied before the atrocious ref calls. Celtics won that game and you know it.

Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#896 » by Chandan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:38 pm

skones wrote:First angle looks incidental. The second looks egregious.

Read on Twitter

whhatt? giannas clearly rammed into smart in mid air first. Smart even had his back turned and probably didn't have time to process whose arm it was when he got knocked sideways in mid air.
skones
RealGM

Post#897 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:44 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Our best player Tatum was 1-27, and our 2nd best player Walker was restricted to 20 min. Bucks and Celtics were tied before the atrocious ref calls. Celtics won that game and you know it.

Lol, we were missing our starting point guard, two guys in our 9 man rotation, AND Middleton was 6/20. Again, cry me a river, make more excuses, be a bigger baby.

The scoreboard says 119-112. The standings also reflect that score. The Celtics didn't win the game and I know it.

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,704

Post#898 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:49 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Shut up Dom.
Nobody cares Dom.

Trust me this is nothing for the Mavs. We were up like half a hundred on the Raptors this year and lost to Lowry and 4 dudes named Herb. We once lost to the Lakers after leading by 30 pts. In the 4th quarter.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#899 » by OldCeltics » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:52 pm

skones wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Our best player Tatum was 1-27, and our 2nd best player Walker was restricted to 20 min. Bucks and Celtics were tied before the atrocious ref calls. Celtics won that game and you know it.

Lol, we were missing our starting point guard, two guys in our 9 man rotation, AND Middleton was 6/20. Again, cry me a river, make more excuses, be a bigger baby.

The score was 119-112. The Celtics didn't win the game and I know it.

Bottom line:

1. Bucks only won by 7, and were tied before the atrocious star ref calls swung the game.
2. Giannis played like a thug.
3. I thought Bucks were a better team than they actually are. They are beatable.

If Tatum plays normally, and Walker was not restricted, you'd have lost by 10+. Just know if Giannis wants an asterisk title, he'll have to punch way more people in the gut.
skones
RealGM

Post#900 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:57 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Bottom line:

1. Bucks only won by 7, and were tied before the atrocious star ref calls swung the game.
2. Giannis played like a thug.
3. I thought Bucks were a better team than they actually are. They are beatable.

If Tatum plays normally, and Walker was not restricted, you'd have lost by 10+. Just know if Giannis wants an asterisk title, he'll have to punch way more people in the gut.

#StarCalls!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board